Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Palin tried to ban these books from Alaskan public libraries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.07.2008, 12:39 PM   #21
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I think how believable it was reflects on her.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2008, 12:41 PM   #22
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha!!! i thought that michael palin was filming some new series and was outraged my innuit literature......

THATS A MAD STORY (THE ACTUAL ONE, NOT THE STORY IN MY HEAD)
Old 09.07.2008, 03:37 PM   #23
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
fascist
Old 09.07.2008, 04:14 PM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure this can't be true. Even though she is a Republican, I'm sure she's still smart enough to know that it is against U.S. law to ban books. In spite of any personal objections she might have to certain books, I'm sure, with her experience and knowledge, that she must understand that's still the law of the land. Books cannot be removed because of objection to content. She must know that.
Old 09.07.2008, 04:18 PM   #25
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Still, the fact that she has these kinds of ideas floating around in her head shows her mentality.
Old 09.07.2008, 05:05 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
She's kind of hot though.
Old 09.07.2008, 05:19 PM   #27
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I'm sure this can't be true. Even though she is a Republican, I'm sure she's still smart enough to know that it is against U.S. law to ban books. In spite of any personal objections she might have to certain books, I'm sure, with her experience and knowledge, that she must understand that's still the law of the land. Books cannot be removed because of objection to content. She must know that.

Libraries ban books all the time. I can remember about 3 separate controversies surrounding banned books at the (public) library in my home town growing up.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2008, 07:01 PM   #28
gmku
invito al cielo

The library can choose not to stock certain titles for whatever reason its administrators choose, just as a store can decide not to carry a title for any reason its managers or owners choose. That is not the same as a government entity banning books--telling the library or the store that they could not carry the title on their shelves. That would be unconstitutional.
Old 09.08.2008, 01:51 AM   #29
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
She's kind of hot though.
haha?
Old 09.08.2008, 01:51 AM   #30
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
oh, i see what you're saying.

I assumed the rumor was that she was part of some conservative book hating parents club. You know, the kind that protest at small town public libraries to ban such offensive titles as "Everybody Poops" etc.
When I was in high school a big controversy in my town was over a conservative parents group that successfully petitioned the local library to remove a children's book explaining homosexuality. They then proceeded to remove all the good books from the school library too.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2008, 11:00 AM   #31
boy_howdy
bad moon rising

boy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's assesboy_howdy kicks all y'all's asses

boy_howdy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2008, 11:25 AM   #32
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
one of heather's mommies is a real dog.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 11:42 AM   #33
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
it has come to my attention that this story may not be true - some of the book weren't even published at the time the alleged book banning qwould have taken place. what is supposed to be true is palin did ask the librarian what she would do if asked to ban books (librarian said she would refuse).

nevertheless palin is still scary. she's my age. I'm her peer! hah hhhhhaahahhah

this election is getting weird and ugly. Waiting for the October Surprise.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 12:00 PM   #34
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
All the dirt is coming out about Palin - and the Repub smear machine is working. This black dude that works in my building starts chatting politics with me this morning and sez "boy, Obama is really digging a hole for himself with that lipstick on a pig comment" - he hadn't actually read any articles he just thought that Obama called Palin a pig.

The Dems have to hit back and hit back hard if they want to win. Palin is a witch. She's a female Dubya...and stupid middle American sheep women are voting for her because she's a baby machine just like them.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 05:50 PM   #35
afreespirit
little trouble girl

afreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
All the dirt is coming out about Palin - and the Repub smear machine is working. This black dude that works in my building starts chatting politics with me this morning and sez "boy, Obama is really digging a hole for himself with that lipstick on a pig comment" - he hadn't actually read any articles he just thought that Obama called Palin a pig.

The Dems have to hit back and hit back hard if they want to win. Palin is a witch. She's a female Dubya...and stupid middle American sheep women are voting for her because she's a baby machine just like them.

Obama screwed himself with that reference to lipstick on a pig. He may not have meant it to refer to Palin, but given her own previous remarks about lipstick, the inference that he did mean it was bound to be made. So much for his superior judgement.

Don't forget his crude treatment of Hilary during the primary, from his 'kitchen sink' comments to giving her the finger. The guy is a disaster waiting to happen.

Bill and Hil were right, the neophyte with the obviously padded resume wouldn't be able to handle the heat of a presidential campaign. Poor stupid Dems were so bewitched by a snakeoil salesman they didn't listen to the only one among them who had actually won two campaigns for POTUS.

The Obama campaign is collapsing. They are still dazed and confused about Palin and the panic is starting to show. Joe Biden was caught on tape saying that Hilary would've been a better VP candidate. When your own running mate is questioning your judgement, things are going downhill fast.

And it's only going to get worse. The Obama/Ayers/Chicago Annenberg Challenge story is finally starting to percolate up into the MSM. Just like the John Edwards love child story, this is the one the media don't want to report, but will ultimately have no choice. Because working for 5 years on education reform with an unrepentant terrorist and totalitarian communist whose idea of education reform is to create a generation of revolutionaries cannot be passed off as "he's just some guy that lives in my neighbourhood".

Heh, and then at the end of October Tony Rezko, Obama's former buddy and infamous Chicago slumlord gets sentenced. That Obama steered millions of taxpayer $s to Rezko's slum projects isn't what Rezko was convicted of. But the Obama connection is there nonetheless. Obama has a long history of not just tolerating corruption, but of embracing it and even pandering to it. He's from Chicago for fuck's sake. Where they always vote early and vote often even when they're dead.
afreespirit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth