Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Any Criterion Collection fans?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.22.2009, 10:42 PM   #21
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
By the way...i bought 300 dollars worth of criterion shit from this sale. And I'm tempted to get more, but I'm so against this kind of splurging. So many good films though!
Old 07.22.2009, 11:33 PM   #22
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Haha glad I was able to alert you to it.
What'd you pick up?

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 02:02 AM   #23
me.
stalker

me. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's asses
Nice sale,but i think wrong region code for me!, i think i might get an all region player soon so i can buy this one! -

http://www.criterion.com/boxsets/655
me. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 06:43 AM   #24
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
You can't go wrong with Kurosawa. Get them all if possible.
Same goes for Sam Fullers films. One of my alltime favorite directors.

Also:
The Third Man - Carol Reed
The Spirit of the Beehive - Victor Erice (Spanish cinema at it's best)
Lars von Trier's The Element of Crime and Europa are must haves in my book.
The list goes on and on...

Oh, and Salo is NOT overrated as some may say. It's a masterpiece, zots.
Old 07.23.2009, 07:18 AM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I like The Element of Crime but Europa wasn't my thing at all. Hell, I liked Epidemic better, and that was one of the biggest messes of a film I've ever witnessed. But, yeah, I've now seen every Von Trier film aside from the two newest ones, and I actually think "The Five Obstructions" might be the most interesting. Antichrist looks amazing though, can't wait to see that.

As for Salo, it just kinda bored me. The book is way better, hahahaha...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 08:49 AM   #26
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
ok here's the booty:
seven samurai
man bites dog
brakhage
science is fiction
in the mood for love
pigs, pimps, prostitutes
solaris
three by teshigahara
8 1/2
empire of passion
joan of arc
vampyr
sansho the bailiff
ugetsu
2 o3 things i know about her
bande apart
sweet movie
grey gardens

if anyone hasn't seen spirit of the beehive, you must
Old 07.23.2009, 09:09 AM   #27
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
Fifty percent off?!

Son of a bitch....

I wonder if it applies to the online site.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 09:11 AM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck yeah!

I love Sweet Movie so much. It's a bit of a mess but it's a brilliant mess.

Man Bites Dog is too good for words.

In the Mood for Love is too beautiful.

So many great movies.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 09:20 AM   #29
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

I love messy movies. Some Godard stuff, some of Herzog's stuff. I guess I like when messy=raw/rough around the edges; not necessarily convoluted like...inland empire or something. That's why i bought the pigs, pimps, prostitutes set blindly. Intentionally messy Japanese new wave? Sign me up!
Old 07.23.2009, 12:50 PM   #30
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaclelapse
Fifty percent off?!

Son of a bitch....

I wonder if it applies to the online site.
It does, the link is on the first page.

Old 07.23.2009, 03:38 PM   #31
acdc518
bad moon rising

acdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's asses
thanks!

i bought wild strawberries yesterday, and will buy more after next paycheck.
acdc518 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 03:52 PM   #32
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

Just got back from the local b&n, picked up Man Bites Dog > )

Old 07.23.2009, 04:02 PM   #33
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Got on there on the first day and it's in the mail--Berlin Alexanderplatz, Sawdust and Tinsel, Perriot le Feu (sic?) and Sullivan's Travels. They even shipped to Ireland. Nice job. $130 the lot.
The next Kurosawa you get should be Ran if you like the expanse, Throne of Blood if you think Mifune is God and Ikiru if you want a bit of heart. And movie trivia: the theme from Girls of the Playboy Mansion features in Ikiru. But it's got more to it than that, I suppose....
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2010, 01:02 PM   #34
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
good shit for anyone with netflix:
http://criterioncast.com/2009/12/21/...on-on-netflix/

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth