Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Hmmm...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2009, 03:42 PM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't shop there though. Nothing interests me there. I exclusively hit pawn shops and thrift stores and a shitty grocery store down the street to buy food.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 03:50 PM   #22
NaiveMelody
stalker

NaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's asses
I have a friend who has woked at Sam's Club for 7 years, since she was 18, and she loves it. She is trying to help me get a job there, because it would at least give me a job with benefits while I continue the job search.
Old 05.05.2009, 04:23 PM   #23
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
it says i've given you too much reputation, atsonicpark. which is wierd because i think i've only given you rep points once before. like 2 days ago, maybe.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 04:31 PM   #24
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
Wal-Mart is awful. Do you know why their prices are so low?? because they get away with exploiting people all over the fucking world.

its the leading corporation in americas economy... and people are busy saying 'fuck the government'... who do you think has the most money to lobby and get their way???

HMM.. COULD IT MAYBE BE THE LEADING CORPERATION IN AMERICA...???

fuck wal-mart.

if i have to spend 2 extra dollars on apples at the farmers market, so fucking be it.

their prices may be unbeatable, but what are you buying?? i guarantee you its either something you don't need.. or something you could get at a local business for a little extra and still have a clean conscious.

AND just for the record I CAN GET 5$ DVDS AT THE PAWN SHOP BY MY HOUSE. I DON'T NEED A FUCKING BIN TO GET ME BARGAIN DEALS.

Is it great what they are doing? No. But it's really the government in the other countries that is to blame. They allow these large American companies to come in and do this, while providing their citizens no better option. The reason Wal-Mart and the like can't do here what they do over there is because, as screwed up as our government is, they won't allow it here. They have some standards at least.

Should these corporations take the high road and not take advantage of these money saving, albeit morally questionable, means of doing business? Sure, they would be better people for it. But if these other countries allow it, and the people there are willing to go to work in these conditions instead of fighting against the system, than Wal-Mart is low on the list to blame for it all.

Let me ask you this: why are you so angry about this? When you think of it, there are horrible HORRIBLE things going on in the world other than crappy jobs with low pay. Wal-Mart isn't beating these people with whips; they are simply providing a crappy place to work. There are people out there KILLING people. Get mad about THAT.

As far as shopping local goes, sure, I'm all for supporting local businesses, because while I am currently working for somebody else, if I ever start a business, I will then be a local business. But I'm not going to do it just to give a big middle finger to a corporation. It's not worth my time or money. And don't forget: Wal-Mart was once a local business.

afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Is it great what they are doing? No. But it's really the government in the other countries that is to blame. They allow these large American companies to come in and do this, while providing their citizens no better option. The reason Wal-Mart and the like can't do here what they do over there is because, as screwed up as our government is, they won't allow it here. They have some standards at least.

Should these corporations take the high road and not take advantage of these money saving, albeit morally questionable, means of doing business? Sure, they would be better people for it. But if these other countries allow it, and the people there are willing to go to work in these conditions instead of fighting against the system, than Wal-Mart is low on the list to blame for it all.

Let me ask you this: why are you so angry about this? When you think of it, there are horrible HORRIBLE things going on in the world other than crappy jobs with low pay. Wal-Mart isn't beating these people with whips; they are simply providing a crappy place to work. There are people out there KILLING people. Get mad about THAT.

As far as shopping local goes, sure, I'm all for supporting local businesses, because while I am currently working for somebody else, if I ever start a business, I will then be a local business. But I'm not going to do it just to give a big middle finger to a corporation. It's not worth my time or money. And don't forget: Wal-Mart was once a local business.

ever read the book 'confessions of an economic hitman'?

maybe then you'll understand why i'm so upset.

theres a huge ripple effect that goes out from places like wal-mart. if you disagree with me, i think you need to look at the bigger picture.

it may have started out as a local business.. but, uh... its not anymore. which is the whole point of the thing.

i completely agree that there are way more horrible things going on in the world right now, but just because theres something worse than something thats already awful doesn't mean that i'm going to turn the other cheek.

theres so many unsettling things going on with this company. its all about that $$$$. and theyre extracting it from small communitys, small busniesses, familys in other countries, ect.

i took a semester long class called the human condition that touched base briefly on this sort of phenomena... and i would love to go into detail with you sometime. just so long as we can both agree to be civil to each other.

Old 05.05.2009, 04:59 PM   #26
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Be civil? Come on, I want endless arguing. Entertain us!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 08:16 AM   #27
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
No, no. I want to hear the ripple effect. I want to see the bigger picture. Explain.
Old 05.06.2009, 08:12 PM   #28
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveMelody
it was groceries we were getting there. I'm pretty sure we need that. And when you're trying to feed four people on one income...yes, that $2 for one apple does matter, because it adds up.

astounding. if you're that hard up all livin' on one income... maybe.... oh say not buy houses and shit?
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 08:18 PM   #29
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
it says i've given you too much reputation, atsonicpark. which is wierd because i think i've only given you rep points once before. like 2 days ago, maybe.

if you really want to rep him.... then you can positive rep me and maybe it'll let you give him some after

worth a try
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 08:21 PM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha. Rep away, reppers of the rep world... and your bird can sing

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2009, 11:07 PM   #31
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Quote:
No, no. I want to hear the ripple effect. I want to see the bigger picture. Explain.

it tears up smaller communities because a lot of small communities are built on barter-ism. if you can spend cheap $$ on other shit, why ask your neighbor for help in exchange for something you can do for them?
they have huuge grocery stores that take in SO much food... statistically (i can't source it today, but i can find the source for you later) 1/2 of which will rot with in the store. where do they get all this surplus of food? from other countries america got to sign the free trade agreement with the chances of MAYBE POSSIBLY getting out of debt. when really theyre just pushing all of these native people off of their own land to build huge plantations. hmm... i wonder why theres so many people starving in africa??? could it maybe be because these huge plantations are forcing a select group of people to produce ONE type of crop... on export. so they can hopefully afford to bring in more food for import... when before they were producing enough food locally to sustain the people in that area.

look, man.

america fucked up big time. wal-mart may not be entirely to blame, but their makin hella bank off of this and not doing anything with their profit to make the situation better. i wonder what fraction of their profit wal-mart donates to food aid every year... oh wait. thats mostly our tax money and non-profit organizations.

awesome.

Old 05.07.2009, 08:49 AM   #32
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
astounding. if you're that hard up all livin' on one income... maybe.... oh say not buy houses and shit?

Is that any of your business if somebody buys a house?

There are too many freakin' hippies here...

Let me ask all of you who are fed up with Wal-Mart: What are you doing about it? Are you forming a coalition to fight against them? Are you running for congress so as to make some change?

Either do something about it, or shut up. Nobody wants to hear you cry about something you aren't even trying to fix.
Old 05.07.2009, 08:51 AM   #33
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, girlgun's a hippie alright. [I almost broke an optic nerve due to socket rolling]. that may just be the most OFF-MARK assumption I've ever read. good one, professor.

but to answer yr question, yes, as soon as something is posted on a public message board, it becomes open for public discussion.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 09:22 AM   #34
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
I don't give a shit where someone shops at alllll. I found it funny she's acting hard up in this thread and in another thread she's going on about her parents buying her a house. Haha?

Now if you'll excuse me... Gonna go drown in patchouli.
Old 05.07.2009, 09:23 AM   #35
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
I found it funny she's acting hard up in this thread and in another thread she's going on about her parents buying her a house. Haha?

hey, yeah that's right; good point.
WHAT
IS
GOING
ON
?
Old 05.07.2009, 09:30 AM   #36
girlgun
invito al cielo

it's a mystery!
Old 05.07.2009, 09:31 AM   #37
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I don't mean you can't talk about somebody buying a house. But you aren't able to say that she shouldn't be buying a house because she's not willing to pay $5 for an apple. That's just ridiculous.
Old 05.07.2009, 09:41 AM   #38
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ are you feeling ok? you typically seem more perceptive than this.

"she shouldn't be buying a house because she's not willing to pay $5 for an apple"
=/=
"how can you afford a(nother) house on one income, if buying food is a financial strain?"

I hope that clears it up a bit for you, hippie-caller.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2009, 09:41 AM   #39
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I don't mean you can't talk about somebody buying a house. But you aren't able to say that she shouldn't be buying a house because she's not willing to pay $5 for an apple. That's just ridiculous.
hey, yeah that's right; good point.
WHAT
IS
GOING
ON
?
Old 05.07.2009, 09:42 AM   #40
afterthefact
invito al cielo

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth