Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So, how was your day?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.20.2007, 03:30 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Help me, I'm hungry. Is no one reading what I wrote? I feel crazy. I feel like that lady does when there is no food in the house.

furreal now?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 03:32 PM   #22
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
glad that your feeling so liberated.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 03:34 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
There is a difference between having a filthy mind; and being occasionally perverted and totally sexually confident. Whore.

well i do have a filthy mind but also very sentitive feelings. the truth is i couldn't read your post because the sight of that cellulite hurt my eyes badly.

so how you feelin? (please, no more pictures!)
Old 03.20.2007, 03:34 PM   #24
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i got back from austin at about 3am and skipped all my classes for the day and called in to work. me and my girlfriend watched "the devil wears prada" (a pretty good movie, actually). then we ate hot soba and almond butter gelato at whole foods and came back home.

i think we're gonna go see "zodiac" tonight, but first i have to try and record the new boris/merzbow from my record player to my harddrive, take a nap, and do some saxophone practicing and conducting homework.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 03:36 PM   #25
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i'd give you some of my food kegmama (it was good.. pasta with vegetables) but i'm afraid my brother ate everything i left. and if i'd send it to you by mail, who knows what it will look like when it finally arrives! (how long was it again, two months?)

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 03:36 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
i got back from austin at about 3am and skipped all my classes for the day and called in to work. me and my girlfriend watched "the devil wears prada" (a pretty good movie, actually). then we ate hot soba and almond butter gelato at whole foods and came back home.

i think we're gonna go see "zodiac" tonight, but first i have to try and record the new boris/merzbow from my record player to my harddrive, take a nap, and do some saxophone practicing and conducting homework.

damn, your life sounds fucking great!
Old 03.20.2007, 03:38 PM   #27
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
if i didn't have class tomorrow and work for the rest of my life, that'd be true. although, i've been thinking pretty seriously about dropping out of school and moving to new york or paris. that would be great for breaking the monotony that is my every day life.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 03.20.2007, 03:40 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
if i didn't have class tomorrow and work for the rest of my life, that'd be true. although, i've been thinking pretty seriously about dropping out of school and moving to new york or paris. that would be great for breaking the monotony that is my every day life.
mang, is it that bad? and how long till you graduate?
Old 03.20.2007, 03:40 PM   #29
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Well about dropping out of college, you have to think that a high school diploma means shit now.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 03:48 PM   #30
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull

so how was your day?

You GOT to post a picture of you wearing those.
Old 03.20.2007, 04:11 PM   #31
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

i've been in school for five years and i still have until the fall of '08 before i graduate...i'm still in undergrad. long story short, i started off as a pre-med/biology major, then switched to music performance, then changed schools and switched to music ed, then added a minor then dropped a minor and now i'm here.

a high school diploma may mean shit, but i have enough experience so that i wouldn't really have to worry about much. plus i'd go to school wherever i end up.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 03.20.2007, 04:15 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i've been in school for five years and i still have until the fall of '08 before i graduate...i'm still in undergrad. long story short, i started off as a pre-med/biology major, then switched to music performance, then changed schools and switched to music ed, then added a minor then dropped a minor and now i'm here.

a high school diploma may mean shit, but i have enough experience so that i wouldn't really have to worry about much. plus i'd go to school wherever i end up.

hm, if you've been in school for 5 years & you want another year...
a) get it over with
b) just finish

hm well actually im thinking after all you've put into i'd just focus on the necessary requirements for graduation of any kind.

having a B.A. or B.Sc. or whatever will help you pull more money in whatever job you might land later; whereas an unfinished degree will have wasted your years & offer no monetary rewards.

now maybe you'll be a professional musician and you dont' give a shit, but even as one you might need a day job, and it's better to work for $120 a day than $6 an hour...

as far as your education goes, you probably have more than most people, so i wouldn't worry much about that...
Old 03.20.2007, 04:26 PM   #33
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
my day hasnt really started yet i woke up in the usual sleeping pill induced slumber haze did some laundry and now im just gonna wander around till i have to go to work at 7 and then i get to try and sell people good music

http://www.myspace.com/usedtoaster
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 04:32 PM   #34
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

i know, but it's just that i feel like i'm not really getting anything accomplished with all this money and time and effort being spent. i just want to finish so i can go to grad and do some music and art that i wanna do.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 03.20.2007, 04:38 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
i know, but it's just that i feel like i'm not really getting anything accomplished with all this money and time and effort being spent. i just want to finish so i can go to grad and do some music and art that i wanna do.

yeah, exactly.

see, with 5 years of schooling i'm sure you can piece together some sort of major like "liberal arts" or one of those wehre you cook your own major? like "biology of music" ha or "arts and the nervous system"-- something.

sit together with one of those wankery counselors & tell them that you have some sort of personal emergency & need to graduate & get a job IMMEDIATELY. they might be able to figure out a way so that your credits fit the requirements to get out w/ a diploma.

at this point i wouldnt be concerned with accomplishing anything; i'd rather focus on leaving with a degree of some kind rather than without. really whatever your "major" is it doesn't matter, once you get the degree it's as good as any other and nobody will give a shit.

that way when you go to la sorbonne you can attend grad school instead of more fucking b.a. bullshit, which you're probably fit to be teaching at this point.
Old 03.20.2007, 04:40 PM   #36
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I went to school at around 1pm only to hear that there will be awful alot of work to do ahead. After that went to library to get some school assignment related compulsory reading (about media culture).
Now I've been hanging around at home.
There's a student party at a local night club tonight. It's going to be total shite I presume, but some of my friends are there and the beer is cheap.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 04:41 PM   #37
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I once again feel the need to state my total lack of regret for dropping out of college in mid-senior year.
I am no worse off than most of my friends with MFA's. One of them is a college professor and still needs to work as a baker in a local coffeeshop on weekends to live a bare-bones lifestyle in a 2 BR apartment with his girlfriend.

Sayin' is all.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 04:44 PM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I once again feel the need to state my total lack of regret for dropping out of college in mid-senior year.
I am no worse off than most of my friends with MFA's. One of them is a college professor and still needs to work as a baker in a local coffeeshop on weekends to live a bare-bones lifestyle in a 2 BR apartment with his girlfriend.

Sayin' is all.

if i tried to refute your points, would you see me as confrontational? i think finishing the thing could have made your life easier. even day jobs pay better with a degree.
Old 03.20.2007, 04:54 PM   #39
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if i tried to refute your points, would you see me as confrontational? i think finishing the thing could have made your life easier. even day jobs pay better with a degree.

Statistically. Totally depends on your area of study.
If you are business or science or Komputors, you are fine. If you are in the Humanities, Arts and the like, you are only slightly better off in my experience.
For example, to work as a librarian in my city, one needs a Master's in library science and 5 years' experience to make the exact same wage I make now (without any student loan debt to pay off and having been able to buy my own house). That is just one example. The vast majority of my friends have degrees, and we all make basically the same amount of income. My wife has less education than I do and makes several dollars more per hour.
The people I know who have done very well financially are ALL shadetree computer tech types, and if they have degrees they are not degrees in computer science.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2007, 05:04 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

no no, you are devoted to music and you just work in whatever job comes along right?

my wife does something like that, she's a filmmaker/videographer, and while in between projects she works as a substitute teacher.

because she has a master's degree (in some wankery humanities field) she gets $80 for an easy day playing with kids, rather than i think $60 with a bachelor's, or beign unemployable without degree. now that's not a lot of money but in 10 days of work it pays the rent.

recently they offered her $120 a day for some special shit but she turned it down so she can have days off. (of course when working in video projects she makes lots more, but those obey an unpredictable pattern.)

in a lot of jobs your payscale will go up with a degree, all other things being equal.

the other thing though, the librarian will have health benefits, retirement, etc,-- that counts as part of the pay.

now a plumber makes more than anyone but that's another story.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth