Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What book should I read next?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one
The Divine Comedy (all 3 parts) 6 18.18%
The Time Machine 1 3.03%
Brave New World 7 21.21%
Cannery Row 2 6.06%
A Portraut of the Artist as a Young Man 3 9.09%
The Sketch Book of Geoffrey Crayon 0 0%
Dracula 4 12.12%
The Call of Cthulhu 5 15.15%
Other book (please name) 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10.03.2008, 02:03 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I say the Lovecraft
Old 10.03.2008, 02:07 PM   #22
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
John Dies at the End.
Damnit.

ive checked it at amazon, and the german site only got a copy for 107 euros, what the fuck? and why the hell?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 02:07 PM   #23
sticky money
little trouble girl

sticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Did you hear there's someone writing the sequel to Mostly Harmless?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7619828.stm

Shocking.

Oh dear.

sticky money is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 02:23 PM   #24
sticky money
little trouble girl

sticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud ofsticky money has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm sure they weren't killed. They were killed before. Some sort of accident with a time machine or something. No, that was Beebelbrox... but they all disappeared for no apparent reason. And there was that bit with the flying.

Christ, I can't remember those books at all.

I'm pretty sure they all died. They wound up on Earth and then the Vogons destroyed it.

Old 10.03.2008, 02:43 PM   #25
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky money
I'm pretty sure they all died. They wound up on Earth and then the Vogons destroyed it.

Yeah. Which means he would somehow have to make all of them come back to life AND make sure that Arthur never kills another living thing. Also, I want Fenchurch to come back into existence.

Oh, and please, please, please remove EMMah from your sig and avatar.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 03:27 PM   #26
sticky money
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
Yeah. Which means he would somehow have to make all of them come back to life AND make sure that Arthur never kills another living thing. Also, I want Fenchurch to come back into existence.

Yeah, but with all the time travel they willan havenbe diding and the immense number of other dimensions Arthur visted, I don't see how a sequel couldn't work.

Old 10.03.2008, 03:29 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
the bible

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 03:38 PM   #28
sticky money
little trouble girl

The Necronomicon.

Old 10.03.2008, 04:01 PM   #29
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know, but adam should read this one :

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 04:21 PM   #30
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky money

But wasn't there some reason why the didn't all die? What was the whole thing with the little girl and the pan-dimensional bird? Didn't that mean they didn't all die? And the watch? And the packet of matches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 04:22 PM   #31
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
The pan-dimensional bird's objective was to destroy the earth and everyone on it. I don't know about the watch and the matches.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 04:45 PM   #32
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
time machine isn't really like a fuckin' project' did insta say chtulu(sp?)? i'd agree with that. but that wouldn't absolve me from not having read time machine.

unless you're a fucking morlock
Old 10.03.2008, 04:58 PM   #33
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY

HaHAHAH!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 05:08 PM   #34
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
ive checked it at amazon, and the german site only got a copy for 107 euros, what the fuck? and why the hell?

Out of print.
The new edition comes out next year
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 09:01 PM   #35
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Or the Raw Shark Texts.
oh, hells to the yeah.
Old 10.03.2008, 09:19 PM   #36
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I said Dracula. I've owned it four a few years but still haven't gotten to reading it yet.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 11:18 PM   #37
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I voted Call of Cthulhu and Other.

For other, seek out Queen City Jazz by Kathleen Ann Goonan.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 11:21 PM   #38
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I hated Brave New World it had a cool story up until the end. Hes sick of people watching him as a tourist attraction so he just hangs himself, super lame. I thought the guy would maybe just reject that "modern" society and do his own thing or maybe go back to the native land. The rest of the story was great but the fact that it all lead up to that just pissed me off.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2008, 11:25 PM   #39
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY

Translated from the Australian (sold Down Under as "The Day My Bum Went Psycho"), this adventure begins with the nighttime flight of our 12-year-old protagonist Zach's pale little heinie and doesn't let up for over 200 pages--most of which are filled almost exclusively with the word "butt." At first, Zach believes his butt might be leading some sort of minor butt rebellion, but the plot quickly thickens to include a global army of feral butts, the "greatest buttcano in the history of the world," and a head-butt "rearrangement" conspiracy that goes all the way to the... um, bottom. Our well-meaning but naive hero Zach soon gets mixed up with the butt-fighting "B-team" (the Kicker, the Kisser, and the Smacker, who all "love the smell of freshly smacked butt in the morning!"), fires his very first 4502-LL ("The LL stood for Laxative Launcher"), learns how to "butt-hop" ("The average butt has enough gas to propel itself and a rider for twenty minutes...."), and goes on a long, wild chase involving cluster butts, buttcatchers, kamikaze butts, stinkants, and even the fearsome Stenchgantor, "the Great Unwiped Butt." (And that's not even counting all those seagoing butt piranhas and poopoises.

hahahaha
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2008, 02:49 PM   #40
eduveloper
bad moon rising

eduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asseseduveloper kicks all y'all's asses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness_(novel)

there's a triffid in everyone of us
eduveloper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth