Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Plot to blow up facilities at Kennedy Airport
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2007, 10:53 AM   #21
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Thats not absolutely true, they hated America's Foreign policy pre 9/11:

3. Support for torturing and decadent govts like Egypt and Iran.

I take it that you're referring to Shah-era Iran, and not the current regime? Al-Qaida detest the Iranians anyway, as they're Persians and not Arabs.
Old 06.04.2007, 10:57 AM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Thats not absolutely true, they hated America's Foreign policy pre 9/11:

1. Support of Israel
2. Control over Saudi royals
3. Support for torturing and decadent govts like Egypt and Iran.

i agree partly with this; al qaeda wants u.s. troops out of saudi arabia, they starting plotting against the u.s. after the gulf war.

now, i don't know that the u.s. leaving saudi arabia & say wihdrawing completely from the middle east, if it were at all possible, would appease them.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 01:22 PM   #23
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I take it that you're referring to Shah-era Iran, and not the current regime? Al-Qaida detest the Iranians anyway, as they're Persians and not Arabs.

exactly... although I'm sure if Cheney-Bush start bombing Iran Al-CAIda will take the side of Iran.

Todays' prisonplanet is a little skeptical of this story...

In every single major terror sting we have researched in the west since 9/11, not one single plot has been absent the ingredient of a government provocateur, save the cases that were outright manufactured by imaginative government propagandists in alliance with the corporate media.
In this case, the provocateur was "An informant with a criminal history including drug trafficking and racketeering agreed to work with investigators on the case, in exchange for payments and a reduced sentence," according to the New York Times.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 01:31 PM   #24
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Die thread Die.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 02:07 PM   #25
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
something is always going to happen. in the u.s., every 30 minutes a person dies from drunk driving. probably more on weekends. So right now the hospitals are packed with victims, and nobody gives a shit.

i mean, sure nobody wants to get attacked by some random motherfucker. but death happens constantly and i don't see people getting up in arms about it. or about malaria either. or hunger.

sounds like the plot wasn't going to work either. not sure if you guys read about the valve system etc.

--
ps - every time people give undue publicity to these people, they are encouraged to do more. they are caught, good riddance. now can we please get out of iraq?

I'd rep you for that but I gotta spread the love first.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 05:30 PM   #26
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Never heard of them, but I sure hope they're better than Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower because they're pretty boring in my opinion.

Oh wait, this isn't the non-sonic sounds section.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:01 PM   #27
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Never heard of them, but I sure hope they're better than Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower because they're pretty boring in my opinion.

Oh wait, this isn't the non-sonic sounds section.

agreed.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2007, 09:09 AM   #28
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
at what point is the govt informant a provacateur? Guy on the radio - expert on fuel pipelines - this am was saying this whole thing is way overstated and probably the result of a scared Federal Attorney General. Oh yeah, 16 US troops died over the weekend. The US also sent cruise missles into Somalia that killed an american, but you didn't hear about that on the news: Bush killing Americans! Gee are they going to drop a new terror scare on us every couple weeks now until the election?

NEW YORK — An informant who helped break up an alleged plot to bomb a fuel pipeline feeding the city's busiest airport was so convincing to the suspects that they actually thanked God he was with them, federal authorities said.
The informant made several overseas trips to discuss the plot against John F. Kennedy International Airport, even visiting a radical Muslim group's compound in Trinidad, officials said. He also joined the plotters on airport surveillance trips _ where authorities were waiting, they said.
The suspects were convinced he was guided by a higher purpose: The ringleader believed the informant "had been sent by Allah to be the one" to pull off the bombing, according to a federal complaint.
The four-person plot, revealed Saturday, demonstrated the growing importance of informants in the government's efforts to combat terrorism, particularly as smaller radical groups become more aggressive.
Old 06.11.2007, 01:35 PM   #29
tesla69
Banned

I knew there was good reason to be suspicious

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2007/06/bad-company-yet-another-terrorist-plot.html

According to Newsday, Russell DeFreitas, commonly identified as a former “baggage handler” at JFK, actually worked as a baggage handler and/or a “trainee supervisor” in the employ of Evergreen International Airlines, a CIA front company based in McMinnville, Oregon. A TV news report out of Oregon revealed that DeFreitas “trained” at Evergreen's McMinnville facility between July 2000 and May 2001.

As this observant fellow points out, it's odd for a man in his mid-50s to spend the better part of a year “training” for a job he'd already done for a number of years.

Evergreen, in fact, is a direct descendant of the infamous Air America, the CIA proprietary outfit that has been implicated in drug smuggling, covert arms shipments (according to this former Evergreen pilot, the CIA was providing weapons to both sides in various Cold War brushfires), and – more recently -- “extraordinary rendition” flights. More than a few Evergreen flights have served as “torture taxis,” shuttling detainees to various destinations in the CIA-operated global torture archipelago.

DeFreitas left Evergreen's employ in May 2001. It's not clear whether he worked at JFK between May 2001 and his arrest last week. But it is clear he worked at the airport in the late 1990s.

According to former Customs Department Special Agent Diane Kleiman, DeFreitas's background means one thing: “He was working at JFK doing drug smuggling.”

“The CIA has always been involved in drug smuggling, and Evergreen or Air America has played a big role in it,” Kleiman told me in a recent phone interview. “When I was working Customs at JFK, we had this huge problem with airline personnel using their secure keys to give unauthorized access to `sterile corridors' that bypassed Customs inspection. Quite often this involved drug smuggling, and I've got ample reason to believe that Evergreen and other CIA assets were involved in it.”

It's worth remembering that the “confidential informant” who infiltrated the supposed plot to blow up JFK was a convicted drug smuggler. Significant as well is the fact that Jamaat al Muslimeen (JAM), the Trinidad & Tobago-based radical Sunni group implicated in the alleged JFK plot, has been implicated in drug smuggling.

Making matters that much more interesting is the reported fact that JAM leader Umar Abdullah reportedly fought against the Soviets in Afghanistan, a fact that raises the possibility that he, too, was on the CIA's payroll at one time.

Last edited by tesla69 : 06.11.2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: text color

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth