Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Futurama: Bender's Big Score
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.01.2008, 02:25 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I happened to catch "The Farnsworth Parabox" on Cartoon Network during their marathon the other night. What a great episode.

I haven't watched this just yet, but am getting around to it sometime soon. I'm fairly sure this will rival or maybe even best The Simpsons Movie, which, as I wrote before, was (at least on the whole) a colossal disappointment.

It looks like this was produced during the same time The Simpsons one was made. They both look and sound phenomenal. For me the only laugh-out-loud moment during the whole Simpsons deal (in an sequence which is an obvious nod to the "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer" episode) was the "boob lady" crack about the eskimo shaman. Then again, I would have probably enjoyed the humor more in the theater with an audience. Seems to me that there are at least thirty individual Simpsons episodes that could potentially be stretched to a full-length feature that would have been so much better than the bland fare offered up in the first theatrical release. Here's to hoping the next one will be much better.

On a side note concerning straight-to-video releases, I really liked Superman: Doomsday this year. Check that one out.

On further side notes concerning this post, some rapidshare links for those of you not doing torrents can be found at the following pages:

The Simpsons Movie
http://bestrapiddownload.blogspot.co...07-dvdrip.html

Futurama: Bender's Big Score
http://downloadmovie1.blogspot.com/2...7-dvd-rip.html

Superman: Doomsday
http://downloadmoviee.blogspot.com/2...ation-dvd.html
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2008, 03:35 PM   #23
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I have it queued on Netflix, but it says it's on a long wait, so I guess I might just buy it. May as well, I have every box set, it would fit in nicely
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2008, 03:39 PM   #24
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600

How exactly do these work?
Old 01.01.2008, 04:16 PM   #25
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I saw it but it just doesn't seem the same. Not sure what it is.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.01.2008, 05:01 PM   #26
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I felt like that at the beginning of the movie because of the different opening and such (and this sort of thing happens a lot with tv to movie translations) but it didn't really seem too different to me after the first 10 minutes.
Old 01.01.2008, 05:17 PM   #27
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
How exactly do these work?

First off, you must admit you are a newbie hehe.
Secondly, torrents are better, but that is besides the point here.

Seriously, all you need is winrar which is free.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1 &q=download+winrar&spell=1

You download each part of the movie from each rapidshare link.
There are no passwords. This is tedious since rapidshare only allows one download like every ninety minutes, so you must wait in-between downloads of individual parts.

step-by-step
Download and install winrar.
Then click a link I gave, go to the page and copy and paste the first rapidshare url into your browser. You then proceed to download all the parts one by one.
When you have all the parts, highlight all eight .rars and right-click to "add to" winrar. It takes a few minutes, but this will assemble all the files into one single .avi file.

I know that The Simpsons one is over 700 MB and too big to burn to a vcd. If you want to burn, just do so to dvd-r or split the files down to pieces less than 700 MB each and burn to two vcds. I just watched it and then trashed it.
Old 01.01.2008, 06:31 PM   #29
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
i also made my dad buy him a bender action figure (he's metal and you wind him up... he's got a beer bottle and cigar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I have that!

I kind of want that!
Old 01.01.2008, 06:41 PM   #30
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
First off, you must admit you are a newbie hehe.
Secondly, torrents are better, but that is besides the point here.

Seriously, all you need is winrar which is free.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1 &q=download+winrar&spell=1

You download each part of the movie from each rapidshare link.
There are no passwords. This is tedious since rapidshare only allows one download like every ninety minutes, so you must wait in-between downloads of individual parts.

step-by-step
Download and install winrar.
Then click a link I gave, go to the page and copy and paste the first rapidshare url into your browser. You then proceed to download all the parts one by one.
When you have all the parts, highlight all eight .rars and right-click to "add to" winrar. It takes a few minutes, but this will assemble all the files into one single .avi file.

I know that The Simpsons one is over 700 MB and too big to burn to a vcd. If you want to burn, just do so to dvd-r or split the files down to pieces less than 700 MB each and burn to two vcds. I just watched it and then trashed it.

Yes, I am a newbie. There, I admit it.

Did I ever tell you that you're awesome? I will be doing all of the things you just said shortly.
Old 01.01.2008, 06:45 PM   #31
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Cool

These aren't crappy videos. They are reasonably good quality.

Recently, I stumbled across the link for The Simpsons one because, unfortunately, after the dvd was released there were a few "dummy" torrents out there. I wanted to see it at the theater, but I just never made it. Effectively, I went to see 3:10 to Yuma and then Superbad instead. And I'm glad I did. I'm also glad I didn't pay money to see The Simpsons Movie. I think when I heard Albert Brooks was doing a voice (once again), it filled me with way too many expectations.
Old 01.01.2008, 07:06 PM   #32
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I never saw the Simpsons movie because the Simpsons have gone way downhill lately anyways. They were great when they were all there was, but since the somewhat recent surge of cartoons aimed at adults, the age of the Simpsons staff is really showing. Their jokes are stuff my grandma would laugh at now.
Old 01.01.2008, 07:13 PM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo

That they were trying to make a movie for a broader audience is very apparent. The intelligence of their true fanbase was disrepected and insulted with this, as Sideshow Bob would put it, "clap-trap." How so many bad ideas could have seen the big screen is what gets me. Evidently, The Simpsons writing staff are now a bunch of yes-men who think they can do no wrong. What we find is almost like a parody of the satirizing of larger issues in certain episodes. It was backbone and substance that made the show great in the first place. And that doesn't come easy. Like all good art, one has to be very self-critical to realize the true possibilities of the particular artistic vision. Over-the-top shenanigans with Homer have been the mainstay of the show for a long, long while now, but the stuff that's in this movie is so just...formulaic and unfunny. Homer and all of the characters have rarely seemed more like "cardboard cut-outs" than they do in this movie.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth