Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page revenge!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: should i take some revenge?
yes 5 27.78%
no? 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.08.2008, 11:39 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
hahaha, my friend.

do you know one of the easiest ways to win battles? predict the enemy.
do you want something more predictable than impulsive reaction?

nonsense. all you need to do is have a series of ready-made, well-planned unpredictable retaliations. it will be so quick, the sad fuck won't see it coming.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:42 AM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i am not sure of that really. maybe in a religious sense, if you believe like dr. bronner that "one is all!", maybe. if you believe in karma, maybe, but wouldn't you then be an agent of karma yourself, then?

anyway, in a practical sense, i mean looking at history, when you hurt someone you just plain hurt them, and if they hurt you first the satisfaction of getting even is delicious. nobody likes losing.

this is not true, all religion aside, you are forgetting fundamental laws of the universe...

for every action, there is an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction.

our reality is one vast social construction, and we are all supporting each other mutually, so that if you act with force against another body in this system, the reaction will come against you like the recoil of a gun, and you will thus be affected, as will others.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:54 AM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this is not true, all religion aside, you are forgetting fundamental laws of the universe...

for every action, there is an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction.

our reality is one vast social construction, and we are all supporting each other mutually, so that if you act with force against another body in this system, the reaction will come against you like the recoil of a gun, and you will thus be affected, as will others.

yes. if i put my knuckles in someone's face, the face will react against my knuckles. a good thing as my knuckles are harder than someone's eye.

all of this i've said in jest, just to spew horseshit on the internet. but pardon me if i turn serious now and speak bluntly--theologizing and generalizing social laws from newtonian physics is rather idiotic, and it reveals both a very poor understanding of physics and of sociology and of pretty much everything. i'm not saying there are no arguments against revenge, i'm just asking you, if you're going to be serious, to present good ones.
Old 04.08.2008, 12:00 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes. if i put my knuckles in someone's face, the face will react against my knuckles. a good thing as my knuckles are harder than someone's eye.

all of this i've said in jest, just to spew horseshit on the internet. but pardon me if i turn serious now and speak bluntly--theologizing and generalizing social laws from newtonian physics is rather idiotic, and it reveals both a very poor understanding of physics and of ecology and of pretty much everything. i'm not saying there are no arguments against revenge, i'm just asking you, if you're going to be serious, to present good ones.

considering the level of judgment, perhaps your undestanding is what is poor here. if newtons laws describe the universe, and our own lives and patterns are a part of this Universe, then how suddenly, do these laws only apply to atomic structures and not social structures as well? are you really that dense or just naive? further, Newton himself, would probably have been very open to such a conceptualization, after all, 90% of his published work is theological in nature. dont deprive yourself by living in a dichotomous world of binary opposition where science and spiritually somehow do not explain the same things.

Old 04.08.2008, 12:15 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I say no.

revenge is for petty petty people.

it achieves nothing, damages everything, and demeans both the person you get revenge against and yourself.

revenge leads to nothing but regret.
Old 04.08.2008, 12:24 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
considering the level of judgment, perhaps your undestanding is what is poor here. if newtons laws describe the universe, and our own lives and patterns are a part of this Universe, then how suddenly, do these laws only apply to atomic structures and not social structures as well? are you really that dense or just naive? further, Newton himself, would probably have been very open to such a conceptualization, after all, 90% of his published work is theological in nature. dont deprive yourself by living in a dichotomous world of binary opposition where science and spiritually somehow do not explain the same things.

"the universe". blah blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I say no.

revenge is for petty petty people.

it achieves nothing, damamges everything, and demeans both the eprson yuo get revenge against and yourself.

revenge leads to nothing but regret.

see? that's a much better answer-- rather that offering generalizing bullshit and vague mysticism, it deals with the actual issue at hand.
Old 04.08.2008, 12:27 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
"the universe". blah blah.

see? that's a much better answer-- rather that offering generalizing bullshit and vague mysticism, it deals with the actual issue at hand.

so all you care aboutis rhetoric then? he and I can say the EXACT same thing, but if I add a mystical flavor, suddenly it isn't true?

Old 04.08.2008, 12:51 PM   #28
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
nonsense. all you need to do is have a series of ready-made, well-planned unpredictable retaliations. it will be so quick, the sad fuck won't see it coming.
ok rambo.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 12:53 PM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
ok rambo.

wrong again son, wrong again...

Old 04.09.2008, 02:38 PM   #30
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
well i did it.

that'll teach the cunt to take my biscuits without asking.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2008, 03:00 PM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
well i did it.

that'll teach the cunt to take my biscuits without asking.

better a fucker than a fuckee i sez
Old 04.09.2008, 05:07 PM   #32
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i am not sure of that really. maybe in a religious sense, if you believe like dr. bronner that "one is all!", maybe. if you believe in karma, maybe, but wouldn't you then be an agent of karma yourself, then?

anyway, in a practical sense, i mean looking at history, when you hurt someone you just plain hurt them, and if they hurt you first the satisfaction of getting even is delicious. nobody likes losing.

my feeling towards revenge however is that it's best to retaliate instantaneously, and then let go. no need to fester with mental illness inside by holding grudges.

however, a person who needs revenge after a long time is most definitely a person who was left butthurt. if the revenge scheme doesn't work, i recommend calamine lotion.

So Dr. Bronner, some soap manufacturer, is the best you can muster as an authority regarding the Oneness of the universe?

(It's a rhetorical question, there will not be a follow-up, so don't even bother, brother).

As SuchFriends pointed out, it's not just religion that reminds us that All is One, it's physics too. And of this interconnectedness we can be most certain.

Old 04.09.2008, 05:24 PM   #33
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
So Dr. Bronner, some soap manufacturer, is the best you can muster as an authority regarding the Oneness of the universe?

(It's a rhetorical question, there will not be a follow-up, so don't even bother, brother.)

As SuchFriends pointed out, it's not just religion that reminds us that All is One, it's physics too. And of this interconnectedness we can be most certain.

yes brother bronner-- while you won't bother, i'll bother you--

how come you don't eat your own hand but instead devour a box of mac & cheese? if all is one then just drink your own piss. sure you can see the universe as a whole (by definition), but that doesn't mean there aren't "bodies" in it interacting with each other, just like you & your box of mac & cheese, neither of which is the whole cosmos. if a gynormous solar flare were to scorch the earth, it wouldn't follow that that damn sun is gonna get some cosmic payback some day.
Old 04.09.2008, 05:28 PM   #34
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Dilute! Dilute! OK!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2008, 05:36 PM   #35
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm merely attempted to clarify your obvious murkiness and bias regarding an intrinsic point of the discussion.
I wasn't necessarily prescribing any course of action. But since you insinuate in your obnoxious and smarmy fashion that I already have done so, I will give an opinion, just for the record.

A civilized person is only concerned with self-defense, and not revenge with forethought. There is your line drawn.

Now sometimes society and its institutions utterly fail the individual; in an exceptional case such as this, revenge may seem like the only course of action to the offended one.
The person desirous for revenge should realize that are in trepidatious territory. Naturally, in the end, they will have to decide what they are going to do and they will be the one to live with the consequences, both direct and indirect.
Old 04.09.2008, 05:39 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm merely attempted to clarify your obvious murkiness and bias regarding an intrinsic point of the discussion.
I wasn't necessarily prescribing any course of action. But since you insinuate in your obnoxious and smarmy fashion that I already have done so, I will give an opinion, just for the record.

A civilized person is only concerned with self-defense, and not revenge with forethought.

wow, we actually agree-- i'm for instant retaliation not "revenge"-- and as i've said, revenge is for people who are butthurt.

but in any case, i thought you weren't gonna bother, smarmy brother.
Old 04.09.2008, 05:53 PM   #37
atari 2600
invito al cielo

related
I need to cool the fuck down!!! (Advice please)
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2008, 05:58 PM   #38
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

scuse me, time for a nap

Old 04.09.2008, 08:37 PM   #39
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I think of myself as a live-and-let-live kind of guy. Revenge is negative energy, man. Focus on the good.
Old 04.10.2008, 02:17 PM   #40
Fred Cracklin
little trouble girl

Fred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.floodle.net/extra/ebayinf...ty_tricks.html
Fred Cracklin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth