Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Lou Reed marries Laurie Anderson
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.24.2008, 05:01 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and what exactly is mysoginistic about vehemently hating each and every single thing that Laurie Anderson has ever done?
that just seems like LOGIC to me. Her albums are BORING. her eprformances are like a blue man group performance without any entertainment value, her books are tepid self-absorbd drudgery. her stupid fucking haircut is PLAYED.
Old 04.24.2008, 05:38 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
& to think, all that spew above comes from a person that looks like he swallowed Laurie Anderson whole. That was mean, yes, but nevertheless true. Hey, you attacked her appearance first. And continuing on this tack, I see dudes that look just like you all the time...I see them everywhere. But, hey I like what you write some of the time and it's more worthwhile than about three-quarters of what Gen-Y membership post, that's for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
and what exactly is mysoginistic about vehemently hating each and every single thing that Laurie Anderson has ever done?

You've probably listened to like three percent of her recorded material and you come down with these numerous indictments of the merit of her art and even attack her as an individual and you do all of this in a thread about her wedding to Lou Reed. You're so pathetic as to be starving to instigate a rise out of me, I mean, really, Rob.

"Her haircut is PLAYED," the bored imp writes...

You're too creepy for words, creep. Go post some ass pictures, ass. Anyone remember the time Rob posted that he was the best artist in the world?

And you're merely railing with rage against yourself, in actuality. You're forever mad at the world and furious that you're much more insignificant and typical than you would like people to think you are. I get that way too sometimes. Hey, we're only human. But whereas I might write that "Everybody Hurts" you're more preoccupied with "Everybody Squirts." (& now someone might post the "Everybody Poops" cover image. ha) Why don't you shift focus and make another thread about your "ass juice?"
It's alright cruddy buddy, don't cry.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2008, 06:11 PM   #23
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Rob needs to listen to O Superman.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2008, 06:12 PM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure he's heard that one more than a few times.
Old 04.24.2008, 06:21 PM   #25
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
At least she's not as bad as the godawful Yoko Ono.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2008, 06:29 PM   #26
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Yoko isn't all bad. Some Yoko, I think, is pretty damn great.

But anyway, I just regret that I started back posting a little bit, a message or so a day/every other day or so and already I'm scum-sucked into some nincompoopery like this. And in the Laurie and Lou wedding thread, no less.

To quote Chuck Berry, it's all "too much monkey business for me to be involved with."
Old 04.24.2008, 07:05 PM   #27
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
atari2600 - there's something a bit, um, unfair about the way that Laurie Anderson is dismissed as some "acceptable" arthouse kookiness, whereas La Monte Young is treated as godhead, no matter what music he comes up with. I saw La Monte 7 years ago in London (city of tea and bad dental hygiene), and thought his opuses less that good (read: fucking atrocious). I'd argue that Mrs Reed has been at least a far more consistent artist over the past couple of decades....
Old 04.24.2008, 07:31 PM   #28
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
awwwww.

Wow. Lou and Keith are fine examples to stay away from the drugs if you don't want to look like a ballsack when you're old.
Old 04.24.2008, 09:13 PM   #29
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie

Yoko is way more entertaining, thought provoking, and interested in pissing people off to make a point.

I gave Laurie Anderson many chances but just find her mostly boring.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2008, 09:26 PM   #30
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
Yoko is way more entertaining, thought provoking, and interested in pissing people off to make a point.

I gave Laurie Anderson many chances but just find her mostly boring.

I love both Yoko and Laurie. Both would gladly tell you that sometimes boredom is interesting. That said, my favorite stuff by Laurie is on Bright Red which was produced by Eno and came out right when she and Lou got togehter, and is pretty damn pop for her, while my favorite Yoko stuff is often dissonant to the extreme.

I'm very happy for Lou and Laurie. It really must have been hard for both of them to find somebody as weird and intense as themself. They've been together so long now, that I'd figured they must have already broken up. Glad to be wrong.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 02:27 AM   #31
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Aww.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:30 AM   #32
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
was this a question?

ha!

Laurie anderson's "art/music/performance" ahs always struck me as the most fucking navelgazing goddamn psuedo-intelligentsia bullshit CRAP. I hate it. Lou reed ...whatever.

Somebody give Rob a medal, quick!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 03:31 AM   #33
sarramkrop

Quote:

Somebody neg-rep Pookie, quick!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 09:40 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Rob needs to listen to O Superman.

heard 4-5 of her "seminal" albums. old roomie used to be a big laurie anderson/yes/king crimson fanatic. made me wanna fucking puke!

chill out 2600

so I hate laurie anderson,. so fucking what? what's it to you? is that your momma?
Old 04.25.2008, 11:52 AM   #35
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
so I hate laurie anderson,. so fucking what? what's it to you? is that your momma?
Aren't you disgusting enough, you fat fuck, without throwing around words like "hate" over and over and lame "your mama" retorts?
Old 04.25.2008, 12:09 PM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fat fuck! I love how I can talk some mad bullshit about suck-ass "perfomer" Laurie Anderson and you act like I have offended your mother or something! fuck laurie Anderson! the sooner she dies the sooner we can all be rid of her BULLSHIT.

do not forget that YOU started in with the personal attacks, for this "fat fuck" has only talked mad shit about an overrated fucking has-been, never brought you into the mix atari, yet you show your petty self through personal insults. nice.

there are no sacred cows, especially not fucking laurie Anderson!!!!

Look! It is "performance art!"

Oh my GOD! she is so INVENTIVE! She uses "electronics!"

she must be the single greatest thing in the world! Did you know she once spent TWO WEEKS not talking at a budhist monastary? wow! what a GENIUS!
Old 04.25.2008, 12:13 PM   #37
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I can't agree with all this Ono and Anderson bashing. I think they're too very innovative and legitimate artists, and if its not hard enough to be a female artist already, they are both associated with two of the most accomplished rock musicians of all time. Laurie Anderson has blended art, music and performance like many could only wish too. Yoko is one of the most important and underated avante-garde musicians out there, she MAY have broken up the Beatles, but in truth McCartney and Lennon's relationship was beyond repair even before she met John. Even if she did, I say it was only a good thing, Abbey Road Let It Be and later Beatles releases are extremely poor compared to works like Sgt Pepper and Revolver. Yoko Ono's experimental music was ahead of it's time, for someone to deconstruct rock music's asthetics a mere half a decade after her husband's band had set them in stone is nothing short of fucking incredible. With this, both Yoko and Anderson were well established and esteemed avante garde artists before they met their future husbands. And Ono in particular, as the earlier as the two, not only was her art radical as a woman, but as a Japanese woman in the west...! Both artists are two of the bravest and most unique performers your ever likely to come across.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 12:14 PM   #38
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I like Sting. when did he change his name to Laurie??

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 12:17 PM   #39
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Look! It is "performance art!"

GENIUS!

I don't see how you can approach this experimental music and art with such hostile cynicism and be a Sonic Youth fan dude.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 12:21 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

what "approach?" the old hag's been around forever, and I have been around forever, and I have heard a lot of her crap, and seen several of her crap performances, and they were pure wankery. her "artistic output" sucks major ass (in my OPINION of course)

I do nto see how being a sonic youth maniac fanatic has anything to do with laurie anderson.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth