Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Job Opportunities for the Unruly
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.12.2008, 05:56 PM   #21
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
I think one should have ( at least ) one good band in sight , before starting a label.
Unless it's only for money , then any trendy crap will fit.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:00 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
I think one should have ( at least ) one good band in sight , before starting a label.
Unless it's only for money , then any trendy crap will fit.

i dont know anybody here who is more loyal to his own musical tastes and instincts and less prone to be dragged by "trendy crap" than everyneurotic. he may be at times a stubborn goat, but "trendy"?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:05 PM   #23
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
hahahahaha.

www.freewebs.com/kiddieriot

i don't know how trendy any of the things i have released or plan to release are, maybe that's why i need money.

maybe it's time i start a boy band.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:07 PM   #24
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
hahahahaha.

www.freewebs.com/kiddieriot

i don't know how trendy any of the things i have released or plan to release are trendy, maybe that's why i need money.

can i be the bad-boy-type with the goatee?

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:08 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
you should charge more for the postage. and then start advertising here in gringolandia.

AVIDA DOLLARS

Old 11.12.2008, 06:10 PM   #26
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
can i be the bad-boy-type with the goatee?

you need to audition, i have to see your dance moves, hear your voice and see your threatning non-threatning sneer.

audition are byowb = bring your own white bandana.
Old 11.12.2008, 06:20 PM   #27
sarramkrop

music therapist (this is good fun, even when you're dealing with difficult patients)

counsellor (if you have the patience to sit down and listen to someone talking about their problems)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:25 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i used to get fired all the time for being smarter than the boss and telling him how wrong he was.

This is a bit of a conceited point of view, isn't it? No-one likes the prick who gives advice badly. I'm sure you're not fully endorsing this, as you seem a reasonable chap, but I've seen lots of people with this I-know-better attitude, and they're rarely as smart as they think they are. I can run rings around my boss when it comes to epic poetry, but he can organise a bunchy of unruly turds better than I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:32 PM   #29
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
music therapist (this is good fun, even when you're dealing with difficult patients)

counsellor (if you have the patience to sit down and listen to someone talking about their problems)

i have no idea what you mean by music therapist (do you mean like sit people and play them the sound of the whales mating so they can relax?), but counsellor seems like a great idea since i already do that for my friends for free...i'll look into this.
Old 11.12.2008, 06:46 PM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
i have no idea what you mean by music therapist (do you mean like sit people and play them the sound of the whales mating so they can relax?), but counsellor seems like a great idea since i already do that for my friends for free...i'll look into this.

No, music therapy is much more than that. First off, it's stimulating because you learn how a certain type of patient reacts to specific sounds/songs/types of music.

Then you get to work with people whose confidence has been wiped off by whatever mental/pshysical condition they find themselves in, and from there on your goal is to re-build that confidence to a level which will engage them and render them autonomous in the creation of something. Being a musician, you should find it stimulating because you're teaching someone how to write simple songs and at the same time you're alleviating the weight of a mental/physical burden that sits right on their shoulders.

There are plenty of interesting courses out there, if you do some research.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 06:50 PM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
This is a bit of a conceited point of view, isn't it? No-one likes the prick who gives advice badly. I'm sure you're not fully endorsing this, as you seem a reasonable chap, but I've seen lots of people with this I-know-better attitude, and they're rarely as smart as they think they are. I can run rings around my boss when it comes to epic poetry, but he can organise a bunchy of unruly turds better than I can.

conceited yes, i was summarizing fast. the thing is i always ended up joining and/or organizing the picket lines. the bosses don't know jack shit (they don't). i'm for the proles owning the means of production. no, not really-- it just happens that after a while doing a job i can figure out a way of doing it better and i detest the constrains imposed by social convention.

i used to be the "good employee" who would send letters to the management making suggestions about improving efficiencies, expanding markets, etc, and some got adopted, some got ignored. but it's really a retarded place to be. i prefer that my ideas profit me.

the times i had a smarter boss, e.g, a dissertation advisor-- yeah, i respected the bastard, but i tired of jumping hoops to meet his requirements. other people would cry, i just up & quit.

point is, the original post asks for opportunities for the UNRULY, the INDOCILE, who will NOT submit. he didn't ask "teach me social graces" or "how can i fit in with my coworkers?" hence, i offered.

all manner of arguments can be made for the social boons of docility, and bless the meek, god knows we need them, but if you just CANNOT say "yes boss" and smile, then you better find some other way to make a living, which always beats starvation. i do have experience with that.

i personally have a problem with people telling me what to do, so i CAN"T work for another person unless they hire me as an expert & then butt the fuck out. and that's what i do and it's a nice living. i hope the original poster can find a way to do the same.
Old 11.12.2008, 06:50 PM   #32
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
This is a good one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XCzB8aiTl4
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 07:25 PM   #33
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you need to audition, i have to see your dance moves, hear your voice and see your threatning non-threatning sneer.

audition are byowb = bring your own white bandana.

my sneer is off-tha-hook. i should make it if only for that

Old 11.12.2008, 07:28 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
my sneer is off-tha-hook. i should make it if only for that

i think we all can vouch for your nipples. nipples trump auditions, in my book.
Old 11.12.2008, 07:36 PM   #35
davenotdead
invito al cielo

well if i have to ride my nipples' coat-tails to stardom, then so be it. put away your pride if you want to make it in show business. thats what i always say

Old 11.12.2008, 08:02 PM   #36
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

the nipple is essential to the "posing with an opened shirt" part of the audition, so...
Old 11.12.2008, 08:04 PM   #37
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Just become homeless it's much easier. You get more money than trying to earn money. Just look at all the rich families living in Tijuana.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 08:22 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what kind of job would you recommend if you can't have a regular job and need to earn money?

i mean, besides prostitution.

fuck prostitution [pun intended], don't degrade yrself, degrade other people's selves..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 10:11 PM   #39
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Just become homeless it's much easier. You get more money than trying to earn money. Just look at all the rich families living in Tijuana.

the building next door was abandoned, i was thinking of squatting there.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth