Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So they just lynched OJ Simpson..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.05.2008, 05:15 PM   #21
breligion
little trouble girl

breligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
I still don't understand the California legal system that finds him not guilty in a criminal trial but guilty in a civil trial - it's either one or the other. The second trial shouldn't have happened if he was found not guilty in the first.

The burden of proof is different in a civil trial. You can still be held responsible even if your guilt can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. It could happen anywhere; it's not just CA.

I wonder, though, if his civil trial could have been used a reasoning for such a harsh sentence.
breligion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 05:28 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
cuz OJ was a big football player on cocaine who had 100 lbs on nicole and the dentists son.

so? that still doesn't explain shit. even big dudes cant cut up two people simultaneously.. come on.

People just need to accept that they think OJ is guilty because the media and the court asked them too, but the evidence was by no means conclusive, and the case did not stick. If it weren't for the publicity you all would not have yr two-cents to gripe about, you probably would even take OJ's word on it, but cuz the media the opinions shift...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 05:30 PM   #23
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, but he did it did do it didn't he?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 05:31 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Yeah, but he did it did do it didn't he?

I think the jury concluded otherwise my friend. The speculation is really none of our business and just reveals the gullibility of us all to bigotry and the media..

Old 12.05.2008, 05:51 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think OJ did it. I think he KNOWS who did it, though. (regarding the murder case)

Either way:

www.getjuiced.com

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 05:56 PM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_bqX94xAk

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 06:10 PM   #27
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
so? that still doesn't explain shit. even big dudes cant cut up two people simultaneously.. come on.

right. and an 8-year-old couldn't possibly shoot and kill 2 adult men.

good riddance to bad rubbish. fuck OJ.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 06:59 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
That is one odd statement.

Sure - everyone hates it when friends or family members place themselves in such desperate situations they feel the need to go astray of the law......but anyone who kicks in a door and robs someone at gunpoint deserves to spend time in jail.

true, my issue is not jail time itself, but the amount. I think 15 years is excessive. People don't even get 15 years for 2nd degree murder! They don't get 15 years for attempted murder! They don't get 15 years for raping children...

and no, my rolldog who kicked in my door and robbed me at gunpoint doesn't deserve that shit either. Perhaps no one does in the long run, because if you are gonna lock someone up for 15 years and then let them out, you have really given them a life sentence, do you know any felons or parolees? Its not a great life, you are essentially guilty forever for a mistake you made in the past. Where is the justice in that?

but OJ gets 15 years for being involved in a robbery? I personally know several characters who are serving time for this exact kind of crime, and it is a 2-5 situation. That is my point. I did not think OJ did not deserve some kind of jail time (though truthfully I have so many ideological problems with jail that I am on the fence, have you ever been there? think about it before you self-righteously decide ANYONE should be there for ANY reason, and then unbiasedly take that into consideration when deciding a just sentence..)
Quote:

All the injustice you refer to in the 1920's has NOTHING to do with OJ's sentencing today. Nor does what happened back in the early 90's. YES - much of America was "pissed off" because they watched the trial on TV and made up their minds due to what they saw and heard. But one of the things that makes America so great that majority doesn't always rule. Because of OJ's successful accomplishments prior to the slayings, OJ was able to afford the best defense money could buy. He was found innocent and set free. All OJ really needed to do was keep his mouth shut and continue living life on the golf course......and continue searching for the "real killer."

Some may choose to believe OJ received 15 years becuase of who he is / what he has done in the past......while others of us know OJ ONLY received 15 years because of the same reasons.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. People usually could care less about even well established murders and killers. But.. when it is publicized and racialized suddenly EVERYBODY has a fucking opinion, and EVERYONE thinks they have had the proper access to info to make these conclusions, but where does this information come from? The MEDIA. The SYSTEM. we can not know anything about OJ Simpson and the murder of Nicole and Ron Goldman except for what THEY want us to know.

In other words, it is really none of our business.

Old 12.05.2008, 07:03 PM   #29
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
In the 1920s he wouldn't have even gotten a trial after having been accused of murdering a white woman, he would have been lynched on the spot... that was the cultural victory of the first Simpson trial, that he could even get a trial to begin with!
The first OJ Simpson trial was the first court trial of a black man in United States history!
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 07:07 PM   #30
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The speculation is really none of our business
You mean the murder trial, right? The robbery verdict sounds like A-OK grounds for baseless speculation.
Old 12.05.2008, 07:16 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
The first OJ Simpson trial was the first court trial of a black man in United States history!

where to begin with you...

hit the books my friend. Black men STILL dont get trials, and the ones most get are hardly fair. Shit a lot of people regardless of their race suffer from the injustice of the American legal system, that is why there are upwards of 3 million americans sitting in jail right now, that is 1 in 100 of the population. Now either we have the world's most criminal society, or we have one of the world's most corrupt legal systems, because NO OTHER COUNTRY has such a high proportion of its population incarcerated. Even in Rwanda, after the genocide, there wasn't a full 1% of the population in incarcerated, and at least 10% were genocidaires!

Old 12.05.2008, 07:32 PM   #32
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Regardless of whether he killed Nicole and what's his face or not, he conspired with several others to commit armed robbery.

15 years seems like a lot, but there are a lot of separate charges they could get him on.

I don't think OJ or the trial of any other famous black man should be measured against the trials of non-famous, non-rich black men.

Rich black men for all sakes and purposes in our caste system might as well be white in our eyes.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 07:48 PM   #33
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
where to begin with you...

hit the books my friend. Black men STILL dont get trials, and the ones most get are hardly fair. Shit a lot of people regardless of their race suffer from the injustice of the American legal system, that is why there are upwards of 3 million americans sitting in jail right now, that is 1 in 100 of the population. Now either we have the world's most criminal society, or we have one of the world's most corrupt legal systems, because NO OTHER COUNTRY has such a high proportion of its population incarcerated. Even in Rwanda, after the genocide, there wasn't a full 1% of the population in incarcerated, and at least 10% were genocidaires!
I don't see how any of this justifies the idea that a black man has never been tried fairly under the law until the highly publicized OJ Simpson trial. It is no new news to me that you have a severely selective view of history but to deny the progress the black community has made within the American courts is remarkable. Your radical interpretation of the significance of the OJ Simpson murder trial is just as much an element of the media driven discourse as those who wanted his head on a pike.
Old 12.05.2008, 07:56 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I don't see how any of this justifies the idea that a black man has never been tried fairly under the law until the highly publicized OJ Simpson trial. It is no new news to me that you have a severely selective view of history but to deny the progress the black community has made within the American courts is remarkable.

I think you have given to much credit for black progress within the legal system, and there are thousands of black men in prison right now who might agree.

Its not that a single black man has not been tried fairly, sure people get fair trials, but there is still a methodical injustice against black men in the legal system today

The racialization of the OJ murder trial was incredible. Most people did not look into the details at all, they just said HE DID IT, which happens in many murders, the spouse takes the blaim, this is not racial by itself. HOWEVER, the fervency of people's conviction that he did it, is revealing. They cared a lot more about it, and racism played a big part in that, and when he was exonerated, they called foul, because after all, it is not the norm, in America when black men go to court they go to jail, often for excessive amounts of time compared to white counterparts, and this robbery trial definitely attests to that fact.
People held a grudge against OJ because they perceived it as a black man killing a white woman, which historically will get you into some shit, and OJ proved innocent until proven guilty, which is the supposed premise of our entire society.

Now, that he is convicted of a crime, they throw the book at him, which they often do to black men, but especially because of the baggage of simpson personally.

Old 12.05.2008, 08:01 PM   #35
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I am heartbroken..

I wouldn't even wish that sentence on the former best friend of mine who kicked in my door with some goons and robbed me at gunpoint September 2007, let alone OJ, considering the scandal that surrounds him and this property issue..

Anyone else would have gotten less than five for this, but America has a chip on its shoulder against OJ, the nigger who got away with it in their minds.

In the 1920s he wouldn't have even gotten a trial after having been accused of murdering a white woman, he would have been lynched on the spot... that was the cultural victory of the first Simpson trial, that he could even get a trial to begin with!

well, I remember how PISSED OFF half the people were when the 1990s case was dismissed, it was a victory for the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" which is so hard for so many americans to swallow, they assume suspicion=guilt 90% of the time...

so, they finally got him. does it satisfy their bigotry and animosity?

i know, i mean robbing someone at gunpoint and on video too. what was the jury thinking?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 08:02 PM   #36
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
I think you have given to much credit for black progress within the legal system, and there are thousands of black men in prison right now who might agree.
Where did I give "too much" as opposed to any? Please quote me.
Old 12.05.2008, 08:03 PM   #37
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Goddamnit suchfriendsetc.

He got what he deserved. Race had nothing to do with it. Well that's not true, race had something to do with getting him out of jail back in 95, but he got the same sentence a cracker would have got.
Old 12.05.2008, 08:07 PM   #38
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Now, that he is convicted of a crime, they throw the book at him, which they often do to black men, but especially because of the baggage of simpson personally.
I'm not defending this verdict, I'm criticizing your claim that the first OJ Simpson trial was a cultural victory of the black community. If anything, it was an exploitation of black identity to overhype yet another celebrity trial.
Old 12.05.2008, 08:11 PM   #39
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Blacksploitation trials
we need some more
some rapper needs to pee on another underage girl
or maybe Michael Jackson can sexually assault some more boys
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 08:15 PM   #40
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Blacksploitation trials
we need some more
some rapper needs to pee on another underage girl
or maybe Michael Jackson can sexually assault some more boys
Then said black person can be ruled innocent and we can get a thread about how significant the trial is to black progress because, as well all know, fair trials only result in innocent verdicts.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth