Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Beatles - LOVE
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2006, 06:36 PM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
George was the only true musician in the group.
That's the wrong "George." If George Martin is "the fifth Beatle," then he is the best musician in The Beatles.

When they began, George Harrison could play his lead guitar instrument with less proficiency than anyone in the band played their parts. As the years went on, and as The Beatles evolved, George developed a signature style that is absolutely amazing and that clearly places him among the best guitarists of all time.
John & George, were the resident creative directors in the group. John was aggresive about it, George passive, the creative and the receptive principles fully embodied. John mainly developed the concept of the songs, wrote the majority of the lyrics and the overwhelming bulk of the bare-bones of the music and basic progressions as well. George added his touch to the songs to make them take flight. Despite these observations, the true musicians of the group were (shocker!) Ringo Starr (a consummate swinging drummer) and Paul McCartney. Paul would flesh out Lennon's demos and with John's and George Martin's help would make them into The Beatles wonderworks. Paul is one of the best living bassists on the planet and he can play anything else you put in front of him as well.
So, to get technical (hehe), Paul is the real musician in The Beatles, not George. In fact, as much as I love him and his work, George would have to be ranked dead last in that department. And beyond Paul's technical expertise (none of them could sight-read although Paul could read music and George Martin could probably sight-read backwards), as I alluded to before, John is the heart and soul of The Beatles. His genius outshines Paul's intrinsic talent. For that same reason, some may opt to give that nod to Harrison instead of Lennon. If that's your leaning, then I won't be able to change that. I do, however, want to let you know with this message that it's a complete crock.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2006, 08:19 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter (Love Version) is magnificent.

I do wish there was a bit more Helter Skelter in there though. For that matter, a ball was dropped because Helter Skelter Take 2 blues merged with the choice sections of the storied 27-minute Helter Skelter and the studio track would have been the crowning jewel here.

Sir George Martin should do a Helter Skelter album or ep next since he didn't use any of that stuff.

I have to do a track-by-track soon.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2006, 09:27 PM   #23
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Where can one find the 27-minute version?
Im interested also
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 11:10 AM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
George Harrison is my favorite Beatle, both Beatles-wise and post-Beatles.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 11:13 AM   #25
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
YAY!!!!!!!!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 11:17 AM   #26
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she's gone.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Ah... Ah...

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies,
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers,
That grow so incredibly high.
Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,
Waiting to take you away.
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds,
And you're gone.

Picture yourself on a train in a station,
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties,
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstile,
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Old 11.21.2006, 11:24 AM   #27
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The problem is, I have like 24 Beatles albums and some of them are duplicate copies (three white albums, in fact, two Sgt. Peppers). I have heard this stuff so much I could probably give a recital from the first cut on Please Please Me chronologically through Let It Be and even into the solo projects.

My soul screams out to the record industry... Enough with the Beatles already, you greedy bastards!!!

Curioulsy, I've been listening to Living in the Material World lately, though. Good old George. He knew what we all need from time to time is just a little Sri Krishna.
Old 11.21.2006, 11:29 AM   #28
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
The problem is, I have like 24 Beatles albums and some of them are duplicate copies (three white albums, in fact, two Sgt. Peppers). I have heard this stuff so much I could probably give a recital from the first cut on Please Please Me chronologically through Let It Be and even into the solo projects.

My soul screams out to the record industry... Enough with the Beatles already, you greedy bastards!!!

Curioulsy, I've been listening to Living in the Material World lately, though. Good old George. He knew what we all need from time to time is just a little Sri Krishna.

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're doing what we can
But when you want money
for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
all right, all right
Ah

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
all right, all right
all right, all right, all right
all right, all right, all right
Old 11.21.2006, 11:31 AM   #29
gmku
invito al cielo

Please stop or I'll have to give you a red rep point.
Old 11.21.2006, 11:32 AM   #30
screamingskull
invito al cielo

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,

Old 11.21.2006, 11:33 AM   #31
gmku
invito al cielo

Im living in the material world
Living in the material world

Cant say what Im doing here
But I hope to see much clearer,
After living in the material world

I got born into the material world
Getting worn out in the material world
Use my body like a car,
Taking me both near and far
Met my friends all in the material world

Met them all there in the material world
John and paul here in the material world
Though we started out quite poor
We got richie on a tour
Got caught up in the material world

From the spiritual sky,
Such sweet memories have i
To the spiritual sky
How I pray
Yes I pray
That I wont get lost
Or go astray

As Im fated for the material world
Get frustrated in the material world
Senses never gratified
Only swelling like a tide
That could drown me in the
Material world

From the spiritual sky,
Such sweet memories have i
To the spiritual sky
How I pray
Yes I pray
That I wont get lost
Or go astray

While Im living in the material world
Not much giving in the material world
Got a lot of work to do
Try to get a message through
And get back out of this material world

Im living in the material world
Living in the material world
I hope to get out of this place
By the lord sri krsnas grace
My salvation from the material world
Big ending
Old 11.21.2006, 11:36 AM   #32
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me
I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe her now
Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me
Don't want to leave her now
You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around now it may show
I don't know, I don't know
Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me
Don't want to leave her now
Old 11.21.2006, 11:40 AM   #33
gmku
invito al cielo

Nah, I can't do it. I just can't red rep somebody who's listening to George. Can't.

Consider yourself lucky. For now.
Old 11.21.2006, 12:07 PM   #34
screamingskull
invito al cielo

mohahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 11.21.2006, 12:18 PM   #35
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Everybodys doin a brand new dance now
(cmon baby do the loco-motion)
I know youll get to like it
If you give it a chance now
My little baby sister can do it with ease
Its easier than learning your a b cs
So come on, come on,
Do the loco-motion with me

You gotta swing your hips now
Come on baby, jump up, hmmm jump back
Oh well I think you got the knack

2:
Now that you can do it
Lets make a chain now
Chug-a chug-a motion like a railway train now
Do it nice and easy now dont lose control
A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul
So come on, come on,
Come on, come on,
Yeah

Chug chug (sampling)

3:
Move around the floor in a loco-motion
Do it holding hands if you got the notion
Theres never been a dance thats so easy to do
It even makes you happy
When youre feeling blue
So come on come on do the loco-motion with me

End:
Come on, come on,
Yeah
Come on, come on,
Old 11.21.2006, 12:38 PM   #36
screamingskull
invito al cielo

that doesn't belong here!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
Everybodys doin a brand new dance now
I know youll get to like it
If you give it a chance now
My little baby sister can do it with ease
Its easier than learning your a b cs
So come on, come on,

Come on baby, jump up, hmmm jump back
Oh well I think you got the knack

2:
Now that you can do it
Lets make a chain now
Chug-a chug-a motion like a railway train now
Do it nice and easy now dont lose control
A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul
So come on, come on,
Come on, come on,
Yeah

Chug chug (sampling)

3:
Move around the floor in a loco-motion
Do it holding hands if you got the notion
Theres never been a dance thats so easy to do
It even makes you happy
When youre feeling blue
So come on come on do the loco-motion with me

End:
Come on, come on,
Yeah
Come on, come on,
Old 11.21.2006, 12:44 PM   #37
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
that doesn't belong here!!!!!!!!!!

aww c'mon , fishmonkey's only tryin to ruffle a few feathers.
be like your friends The Beatles and "love"
Old 11.21.2006, 12:47 PM   #38
screamingskull
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
aww c'mon , fishmonkey's only tryin to ruffle a few feathers.
be like your friends The Beatles and "love"

Old 11.21.2006, 01:00 PM   #39
gmku
invito al cielo

You talkin' to ME? YOU talking to ME? You must be talkin' to me because there's no one else here.
Old 11.21.2006, 01:05 PM   #40
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull

what exactly?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth