Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page You gonna lie to your kids about Santa someday?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2006, 05:30 PM   #21
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Good point Norma J! I'm going to have orchestrate the Christmas lie really well. I'm going to tell them the reason that they don't get homemade toys is because kids kept asking for manufactured toys. So instead he struck a deal with the keebler elves and his elves work all year round making cookies for Keebler, raising money to buy gifts in bulk from distributors. My kids are going to get an economy lesson when I tell them about Santa.

You're getting repped inhuman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsive diarrhea, jico
20 years from now, the ice in the poles will be melted and reindeers will be extinct, so...

ha.
ha.

Ummm, melting ice in the poles with disrupt the current flow in the Atlantic and will drastically lower temperatures creating a new ice age.

The earth is a powerful force, we can't fuck it up nearly as much as we think.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 05:35 PM   #22
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
its a lie but who cares?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 05:48 PM   #23
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Ummm, melting ice in the poles with disrupt the current flow in the Atlantic and will drastically lower temperatures creating a new ice age.

hmm, I don't even want to imagine what Al Gore's kids believe after hearing this. And thanks for the rep!
Old 12.19.2006, 06:18 PM   #24
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
you people telling the truth about santa are going to be really boring parents... spoiling the magic and fantasies that only little children posses. it's like reading them the newspaper as bedtime story because fairytales aren't real.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 06:28 PM   #25
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
You guys will be surprised how much your ideals will change once you have kids of your own... I used to think that I would not lie to my kids about Santa. I mean, you spend your whole life as a parent teaching them not to lie, especially to you, and then you orchestrate this massive lie just to go along with the masses. Poor babies...

I figure this will probably be the last year Kellian will believe. Her and Evan though are totally excited about the 'magic' of it. They even plan to put special cookies and milk out for Santa and some carrots for the reindeers. Rudolph and the rest of the reindeers do not like cookies, they are not good for them- at least that is what Kellian tells me.

Once again Kegmama drags a thread up by its nads and gives it life and soul.

Let's just get on and vote her queen of the universe.

(Special mention to crypto for having a sense of fun...)
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 06:44 PM   #26
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
My mom always told me what I wanted for x-mas never said anything about santa. I would lie to my kids just to believe in something magical, I mean the world is pretty fucked up to not believe in something.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 10:49 PM   #27
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
I always loved the idea of Santa, but by about the time I started remembering Christmas' my mom got sick and Christmas' were just no fun in the hospital.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 10:56 PM   #28
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
yeh ill tell them santa is real, i wont incorporate Jesus and that sht, but ill just talk about the fat red man, its awesome seeings the kids so excited. And i remember when i was a kid believing in santa, its fun, and something nice in the world.
Old 12.19.2006, 11:24 PM   #29
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
yeh ill tell them santa is real, i wont incorporate Jesus and that sht, but ill just talk about the fat red man, its awesome seeings the kids so excited. And i remember when i was a kid believing in santa, its fun, and something nice in the world.

haha, a few days ago my friend's little brother asked how the reindeer fly, and I said they sniff a little white powder as a joke and his dad found it hilarious, and he believed me.
Old 12.20.2006, 12:07 AM   #30
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'm never having children.
Old 12.20.2006, 12:26 AM   #31
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Well that works out convenient for you then, Hayden. Unless you were thinking of having a bowel-baby.
Old 12.20.2006, 12:28 AM   #32
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Well that works out convenient for you then, Hayden. Unless you were thinking of having a bowel-baby.

You know what I meant. I'm never adopting a child.
Old 12.20.2006, 04:55 AM   #33
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
lie? what do you mean? i've told them the truth, don't you know that santa lives in finland?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joulupukki
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2006, 05:05 AM   #34
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, come on. I'm getting a bit sick of all the humbuggery on here. You want Christmas presents but you don't want any of the beliefs and customs that go with it? Why do you bother? Why don't you just live Christmas like any other day, and moan that the shops are shut because of this stupid Christian festival?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2006, 09:17 AM   #35
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Good point Norma J! I'm going to have orchestrate the Christmas lie really well. I'm going to tell them the reason that they don't get homemade toys is because kids kept asking for manufactured toys. So instead he struck a deal with the keebler elves and his elves work all year round making cookies for Keebler, raising money to buy gifts in bulk from distributors. My kids are going to get an economy lesson when I tell them about Santa.

I'll be giving my children a lesson in history and religion (see the following) that lets them know that Santa, although an amalgam and not a real person, still represents the "spirit of Christmas."

We've had this same topic before at Christmastime, and I wrote the same thing.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

http://www.souledout.org/christmas/s...anicholas.html

Santa Claus ~ The Myth

St. Nicholas ~ The Person

Most people know that our Santa Claus today originated from St. Nicholas, but the derivation of the Santa Claus story comes from many sources. In fact, since the Catholic church in 1969 demoted St. Nicholas from his official saintly status—as there were no records of his having been canonized—the original legend of this third century Turkish bishop is not very widely recognized as part of our Christmas celebration.

Nicholas was born into a wealthy family living in Patera, in the south of Turkey. Legend claims that on the church's fast days, Wednesdays and Fridays, the infant Nicholas nursed only after sundown.
Just one of many stories demonstrating his holy reputation is about an angel who appeared to the cardinal appointing a new bishop for the Turkish town of Mira, with a face bright like the sun, who told the cardinal to ordain the 30-year old Nicholas.
Through his priesthood in the early Christian faith, even while alive he came to be recognized for his generosity to all those in trouble. In his good-doing role as priest, one story tells of Nicholas, who took pity on a girl in his parish whose family had no dowry. Had Nicholas not intervened, this would have prevented her from marrying. He made a parcel of money from his family's coffers and donated it anonymously to the young woman and her future by throwing it in through the open window, where it is said to have landed in her stocking. This type of event occurred more than once, and Nicholas became known for late night gifts, and the granting of wishes.
A miracle of his legacy is the story of three young students who were robbed and dismembered on their way home from school, and stuffed in a pickle barrel. Nicholas is said to have appeared out of nowhere, and the boys arose at his command, intact.
In 314 A.D., at the Council of Nicea, the Emperor Constantine brought up the question of whether Christ was divine. During the arguments on the subject, Nicholas is reported to have slapped a doubting priest.
Once the story of his deeds spread, he became widely known for helping those in trouble: lawyers and their clients, pawnbrokers, and sailors, as he was invoked to calm turbulent seas. And he became the patron saint of children. From his tomb, a viscous myrrh-like material oozed and was used by pilgrims as an ointment, to heal sickness. By 1082, his body was removed from where it was initially interred in Turkey, and moved to Bari, Italy by grave robbing sailors, and a cathedral was built there in his name. For centuries there were more churches in the middle ages named after him than all the apostles, and next to Christ and the Virgin Mary, St. Nicholas was the next most popular figure in Christianity.

In a French village during the 12th century, local nuns honored their patron on December 6, which became St. Nicholas Day. The nuns delivered candy to all the children who'd been good, leaving it for them in their shoes, and leaving switches in those of the naughtier children. Because they seemed to cover so much territory, some began to say it was St. Nicholas himself who delivered the gifts.
By medieval times Nicholas had become the most beloved patron saint of Europe, and through the middle ages, the story of Christmas in Europe developed to combine religious and pagan myths.

German culture told of the ancient god Voden, the mystical sky rider who would pass judgment over villages to determine who did well, and who did not. In the 16th century reformation, Martin Luther's strong Protestant church banned St. Nicholas, denouncing his popularity as a saint because it rivaled the worship of Jesus.

When Luther created the Protestant church, he realized it would be necessary to wean German children off of St. Nick, so he created Krist Kindle, the winged Christ cherub, who also flew and brought gifts to good children—but which instead focused the celebration around Christ. He came on Christmas Eve at Christ's birthday, which more closely coincides with the Winter Solstice, around which pagan religion celebrated the return of the Sun's light.

In England the myth developed around Father Christmas, and in France, Pere Noël. Italy's old hag Bafana, out looking for the Christ child, left gifts in her wake for other kids. The gnome Tompten was Sweden's figure, and in the U.S., Martin Luther's Krist Kindle became Kris Kringle.

It was Dutch sailors who came to the New World and would not give up St. Nicholas as their patron; when they settled, particularly around the New York area, their nickname Santer Klause became the name we know as Santa Claus.
In early colonial times around the American Revolution, the new American culture embraced most all that was not British, and so took on the Dutch Christmas celebration honoring their beloved St. Nick. Washington Irving gave the Dutch culture prominence in his "Knickerbocker Tales," which he wrote for the New York newspaper press. He mentions St. Nicholas over two dozen times in his chronicle, and it is from these writings that the original story "A Visit from St. Nicholas," better known as "The Night Before Christmas," was conceived. The poem came to Clement Clark one night before Christmas when he was riding in a horse and carriage through the snowy streets of New York City, and so went home and wrote it for his children.
St. Nick came to be depicted as a jolly man in the more familiar red suit and white beard, and Harper's Weekly publisher Thomas Nast printed drawings that brought these images to the public. By this time, St. Nicholas' bishop's staff had become the more pagan candy cane. Other popular writers in the 1800s also published variations of the Santa Claus story, and by the 1890s, the first department store santas had emerged. By the 20th century, Santa Claus was here to stay!
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2006, 09:18 AM   #36
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
why lie when things like this happen!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22122006/35...n-s-party.html

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.22.2006, 09:27 AM   #37
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulian

Firstly, I don't know why I even bother, but...
The planet has certainly demonstrated over eons of time that it can assimilate quite a bit and it is true that no one truly knows how much more pollution that it can, in fact, safely assimilate.
However, most credible science does confirm that we have already entered a period of climate change. I don't care what your feelings are towards Al Gore; personally, I feel he's shifty and would never vote for him. The fact is that nitrogen has increased in our atmosphere exponentially since the Industrial Revolution and the oceans have warmed consistently and will continue to do so and that this will have potentially catastophic consequences unless it is addressed. Most scientists, in fact, claim that we have reached a point now that there is no stopping global warming no matter what we do to try to rectify the imbalance.
There are, however, promising new studies with phytoplankton (which absorb solar energy) being conducted, but again, if we remove or alter the plankton, then it will damage other parts of the ecosystem because food for marine life will be diminished.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2006, 09:32 AM   #38
jon boy
invito al cielo

sorry nefeli. i had to laugh even though i tried not to. poor kids.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 12.22.2006, 10:02 AM   #39
contrelefuckingsexisme
stalker

contrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's assescontrelefuckingsexisme kicks all y'all's asses
no, i don't think so.
i would just give them their presents right away.
and then , i supposse, they'll go around telling everyone that santa doesn't exist. and then the parents of those kids will probably call home to insult me a little bit.
contrelefuckingsexisme is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2006, 10:22 AM   #40
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Firstly, I don't know why I even bother, but...
The planet has certainly demonstrated over eons of time that it can assimilate quite a bit and it is true that no one truly knows how much more pollution that it can, in fact, safely assimilate.
However, most credible science does confirm that we have already entered a period of climate change. I don't care what your feelings are towards Al Gore; personally, I feel he's shifty and would never vote for him. The fact is that nitrogen has increased in our atmosphere exponentially since the Industrial Revolution and the oceans have warmed consistently and will continue to do so and that this will have potentially catastophic consequences unless it is addressed. Most scientists, in fact, claim that we have reached a point now that there is no stopping global warming no matter what we do to try to rectify the imbalance.
There are, however, promising new studies with phytoplankton (which absorb solar energy) being conducted, but again, if we remove or alter the plankton, then it will damage other parts of the ecosystem because food for marine life will be diminished.

Well, in the case you don't think another ice age could be brought about by global warming (which would kill off most of human population) we are eventually going to have a volcano worse than krakatoa erupt, block out the sun, kill plants, kill us, etc.

Not that the human race wouldn't survive, but there'd be huge setbacks.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth