Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page If you could chat with Kim, what would you ask her?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.06.2007, 10:37 AM   #21
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to ask her what she thinks of the mainstream music industry at the moment vs the underground...I'd like to know her views of the whole so-called 'emo' scene thats going on, particularly since she used the term 'Emo Boy' on Sonic Nurse, way before it had entered the public consciousness in the way it has over the past 2 years.

something about who SY might sign to in the future and what has been the difficulties with Geffen...I always thought 'Incinerate' had more of a chance of getting mainstream airplay than anything they have ever put out, how Geffen didn't seem to recognize this is absurd to me.

Any more SYR stuff planned?

PLEASE RE-RELEASE MADE IN USA
Old 01.06.2007, 12:58 PM   #22
crunchberry
empty page

crunchberry has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
are you doing the interview? or is someone else doing it for you?
I am conducting it.
crunchberry is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 01:00 PM   #23
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchberry
I am conducting it.

I hope you get something of use from here.

I'm sure like a lot of people here, I can't think of anything that hasn't been asked before.

Good luck with the interview.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 01:04 PM   #24
crunchberry
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
A question for you: why are you interviewing her for a literary magazine? Thurston or Lee I could understand, but Kim?

I hope that doesn't come across as agressive, I'm just inquisitive.

And ignore the stuff about her being cold, she was lovely when I met her. My heart melts just thinking about how friendly she was.
The magazine interviews a variety of artists and thinkers. Also, one of the guys that you mentioned might be doing an interview for the magazine.
Old 01.06.2007, 01:07 PM   #25
crunchberry
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Usher
If she does believe that Kurt Cobain was murdered, as has been quoted, who does she think killed him?
I've never heard about this. Can you cite the source of where you found out about this?
Old 01.06.2007, 01:10 PM   #26
crunchberry
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I hope you get something of use from here.

I'm sure like a lot of people here, I can't think of anything that hasn't been asked before.

Good luck with the interview.
I think a few people, such as Molly, have come up with some very fine questions. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed! Keep 'em coming!
Old 01.06.2007, 01:23 PM   #27
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
which of the sonic side projects she likes the most.
something about fashion.
something about films.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 01:31 PM   #28
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Would Sonic Youth ever tour with Nine Inch nails?
What Cd's do you hate that Thurston plays?
What is your favorite dish?
Are you still obsessed with celebrities? If so with which ones?
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 01:54 PM   #29
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
well, as it is a literary magazine, you could ask her what is the book that has influenced her life the most, what literary era is her favourite, her favourite writers, does she write poetry/stories etc, what she thinks of lee and thurston's writing, the process she goes through when she writes lyrics...
there are loads of questions like that you could ask.
Old 01.06.2007, 02:52 PM   #30
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
something about who SY might sign to in the future and what has been the difficulties with Geffen...I always thought 'Incinerate' had more of a chance of getting mainstream airplay than anything they have ever put out, how Geffen didn't seem to recognize this is absurd to me.
Good one. I second this/these.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 02:53 PM   #31
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchberry
I've never heard about this. Can you cite the source of where you found out about this?

Don't bother with the Cobain bull. Let that shit die.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 03:01 PM   #32
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
I guess the main thing most of us would be interested in is the stories/meanings behind her lyrics.

Can she recommend books/poems to aspiring writers who are influenced by her lyrics?

Does she like to elaborate on the meaning of her lyrics or not?

Who are her favorite lyricists in modern music?

Does she think that musicians in general have much to offer the literary world?
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 03:03 PM   #33
Malachi_Constant
bad moon rising

Malachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's assesMalachi_Constant kicks all y'all's asses
If you could lock 10 "celebrities" (meaning public figures of any walk) in a rocket heading straight into the face of the sun, who would they be and why?
Malachi_Constant is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 03:25 PM   #34
musicfallinglikesnow
stalker

musicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's asses
Since she's been in an American University. How do English studies in American Universities treat rock song lyrics? Are there special courses or something like that? Here in Argentina they seem very underestimated.

musicfallinglikesnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 04:16 PM   #35
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How come Coco is now Koko?

Is Jim Gay!?!?!

Is Thurston Gay!?!?

I had a whole list of these questions to ask but I decided they were stupid.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 04:32 PM   #36
crunchberry
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
I guess the main thing most of us would be interested in is the stories/meanings behind her lyrics.

Can she recommend books/poems to aspiring writers who are influenced by her lyrics?

Does she like to elaborate on the meaning of her lyrics or not?

Who are her favorite lyricists in modern music?

Does she think that musicians in general have much to offer the literary world?
Thanks for the input!
Old 01.06.2007, 09:04 PM   #37
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I'd like to know her views of the whole so-called 'emo' scene thats going on, particularly since she used the term 'Emo Boy' on Sonic Nurse, way before it had entered the public consciousness in the way it has over the past 2 years.

I kind of thought mainstream emo peaked a few years ago..
Old 01.06.2007, 09:11 PM   #38
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Would Sonic Youth ever tour with Nine Inch nails?
What Cd's do you hate that Thurston plays?
I know Thurston said Kimono My House by Sparks drives both Coco and Kim crazy
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 09:14 PM   #39
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
I kind of thought mainstream emo peaked a few years ago..
Underground emo?What's that meant to mean?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2007, 09:19 PM   #40
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Underground emo?What's that meant to mean?

Daitro, Raein, Phoenix Bodies, Moss Icon, etc... I guess. But It depends which emo we're talking about, and the whole "real emo" controversy has gone way out of hand

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth