Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Sen. Craig Opposes Hate Crimes to Include Homosexuals
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.28.2007, 12:38 PM   #41
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
some of the white male privilege here sure is making me giggle.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2007, 12:42 PM   #42
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
So tell me wtf you need two separate laws to deal with what can already adequately be dealt with in sentencing under one?

before I go back to working, I just wanted to say that I agree with you in principal, and wish that there could be just one set of laws.

it makes logical sense.

people just have a nasty way of breaking logical solutions. without some way to fill the gaps, heathens like our dear friend Hitler's 'lil Helper would be free to run amok as they will.

I also want to say that we aren't talking about thought control.

it's more about accountability for putting thought-to-action.

ok, now really. 2nd pot of coffee is done and I better just stop talking.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2007, 12:45 PM   #43
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I don't know much about UK law, but in the US they BOTH would have got fined and released (if even arrested at all).

I'm a "less law the better" kind of guy, but people who were committing disproportional crimes were essentially getting off due to lack of any type of law to describe their actions (and I still insist Tagger_X and Hitler's 'lil Helper did not commit the same type of crime).

surely UK law is decades ahead of us poor colonial types. it wasn't all that long ago that discrimination was actually encouraged by the state here (and apparently still is in Louisiana).

besides, I don't think that we are seeing much abuse of the "hate crime laws" on the side of the police here. if they were, there would be a lot more nazi's seeking dates on http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/ (as opposed to the mostly black male prison population).

Oh believe me we are not light years ahead of you, we have our fair share of politically correct bullshit laws

If you assault someone for being Korean its a crime, simply because assault is a crime

The motivation, on the other hand, is racist not the act, so in my humble opinion keep the crime the same for all people and deal with the motive on sentencing

God knows, society is perfectly capable of dividing itself without governments passing laws to divide us even further

Nice to see we agree on violence being abhorrent, I deal with it all the time in the course of work and it still sickens me
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2007, 12:51 PM   #44
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
some of the white male privilege here sure is making me giggle.

White male privilege?
Old 09.28.2007, 01:03 PM   #45
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
It's purely technical. Legalese speak, more red tape to cut through before anyone can be punished for committing crimes, that, somehow, I believe, George Bush, deep down inside, actually would encourage if he could. It's to seperate and clearly, in the legal sense, define what crime has been committed, and so that the appropriate justice can be meted out. It's the symptom of the compartmentalizing mind, the burning desire to stick a label on everything. Also, if I met that Senator Craig in person, I'd kick the stuffing out of him...
Old 09.28.2007, 01:10 PM   #46
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
White male privilege?

yes. unbeknownst to you, apparently, straight white males across the world have the god given privilege to do anything they want without worrying about the repercussions, often without ever knowing it.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.28.2007, 01:12 PM   #47
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
before I go back to working, I just wanted to say that I agree with you in principal, and wish that there could be just one set of laws.

There could be. It would be pretty simple too; just make every crime, great or small, punishable by death.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2007, 01:16 PM   #48
ThePits
stalker

[quote=val-holla-ing]yes. unbeknownst to you, apparently, straight white males across the world have the god given privilege to do anything they want without worrying about the repercussions, often without ever knowing it.[/quote

And I said that where?

Nice to see the card coming out
Old 09.28.2007, 01:24 PM   #49
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

you implied it.

what about the "fuck you" card? that's the only one i'm well versed in bringing out.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.28.2007, 01:24 PM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i have always been against the very idea of a "HATE CRIME" law.
a crime is a crime, regardless of motivation. To punish people for whatever (albeit sick and twisted) belief caused them to commit a crime, such as assult, murder, rape, etc., is to punish THOUGHT.
a person who burns a cross on someone's l;awn can eb charged with trespassing, reckless endangerment, etc, ACTUAL CRIMES, but "hate crime laws" will try to charge this person with "hating blacks", which is his or her right to do no matter how asinine or ridiculous it may be.

the thought police are here people.

the very idea of "hate crimes" implies that a crime is eomehow worse because of one's feelings. how is a crime deemed LESS reprehensible because the crimina was not a racist, or a mysoginist, or a gay-basher, etc? How does that make a victim feel?

think about it.
Old 09.28.2007, 01:28 PM   #51
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
The very idea of a hate crime law insinuates that some people are deserving of white male protection.
Old 09.28.2007, 02:13 PM   #52
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

only because of white male persecution, maybe.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.28.2007, 02:21 PM   #53
alyasa
invito al cielo

Old 09.28.2007, 03:40 PM   #54
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
you implied it.

what about the "fuck you" card? that's the only one i'm well versed in bringing out.

I implied nothing

As usual I stated that all people should be treated the same, in this context in law

Try learning to read what people actually type not what you want them to say
Old 09.28.2007, 03:41 PM   #55
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
only because of white male persecution, maybe.

That card is showing again

And it aint the "fuck you" one
Old 09.28.2007, 04:03 PM   #56
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

it's no card, it's reality. i'm sorry if you can't see that, but it really is.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.28.2007, 04:16 PM   #57
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
it's no card, it's reality. i'm sorry if you can't see that, but it really is.

Your version of reality maybe

Amazes me how you can stereotype the whole of the white male section of the population so easily
Old 09.28.2007, 04:22 PM   #58
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

it's not a stereotype and it's not my personal version of reality. if that were the case, the country wouldn't be on the verge of being polarized over the issue of the first black or female president.

the white male is percieved as the bread and butter of most of the entire planet. that alone, gives them an advantage over most any other group of people. how can you not see that? i'm not saying there's anything wrong with being who you are, but just know that your position of advantage makes it so much easier to ignore anyone in a position less than yours.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.28.2007, 04:31 PM   #59
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and money does not hurt
Old 09.28.2007, 04:36 PM   #60
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
it's not a stereotype and it's not my personal version of reality. if that were the case, the country wouldn't be on the verge of being polarized over the issue of the first black or female president.

the white male is percieved as the bread and butter of most of the entire planet. that alone, gives them an advantage over most any other group of people. how can you not see that? i'm not saying there's anything wrong with being who you are, but just know that your position of advantage makes it so much easier to ignore anyone in a position less than yours.

The bread and butter of this planet are the chinese and the indians, certainly not the white europeans you seem to think

Its their economies that are fuelling the world economy

I dont know what its like to live in the USA, nor would it be right for me to take one persons version fo lfie there as representative

What I can tell you is this, life here is a hell of a lot different from what you allude to, nor are white people in this country at an advantage, quite the opposite

Its not paradise or perfect in the UK but you can work bloody hard and earn a good living regardless of race creed or colour

Probably why 1 in 5 of people who migrate to and within europe come here

Now, where did I put my advantage.........

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth