Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Never ask a girl you like to get stoned
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2007, 05:44 PM   #41
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitPeaches
well.. thats weird.. the only thing i don't get is.. she smokes too doesn't she? you said she was telling you about her night getting high some other time, so why would she think it were "immature" or have such a problem with it if she does it too?

I would be able to understand a little if she hadn't at all.. but if she does.. she could've just said "nah.. i'm good" or whatever.. maybe its just an excuse for something else lol

Which is why I wrote this:

Jerry: You know there is always the possibility, that she called an audible.

George: What do you mean?

Jerry: Well she got up to the line of scrimmage, didn’t like the looks of the defense and changed the play.

---
The girl is just trying to be holier-than-thou because she currently is staying off pot. It could be though that she's one of these people that is so tightly wound that she cannot handle it. These people eventually turn to other drugs that keep them from thinking. It's true that I'm employing quite a bit of conjecture here on my part, but I know the type, and she's like girls I have known that will eventually become an alcoholic and then a cokehead. I've even had cokeheads and/or alkies and/or hard drug users refer to pot as "kiddie stuff" and ask me why I even bothered with marijuana.
One theory is that the girl may be on thin ice with her parents right now, and was being cautious.
In her defense, she was probably just trying to exercise some willpower by turning down the smoke, but because this pissed her off (to be chaste in this manner), she took it out on AA. My theory goes that she indeed does like AA, but she's worried about how much time she will have to spend with him and how that will take away from her other pursuits (& agendas), so pot got blamed, and in the process, AA's character got maligned as a result, which, in my view, is unfair.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:53 PM   #42
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i don't smoke pot, i have done in the past alot. But it just seems kinda borring to me now, i can't be bothered. After your friends start getting schizophrenia from it and then they kill themselves it just doen't seem that great.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:55 PM   #43
SplitPeaches
little trouble girl

SplitPeaches has tongues queuing up for a rim-festSplitPeaches has tongues queuing up for a rim-festSplitPeaches has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
sorry i didn't see the post

(and i agree with you)

"You egotistical little bitch you !!! That's partly why I love you..."
SplitPeaches is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:58 PM   #44
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
People have pre-existing genetic traits that predispose them to developing schizophrenia, not to mention that these symptoms usually begin to manifest themselves in the late teen/early adult years. I know a schizophrenic guy who blames his singular experience with LSD for bringing out his condition, but his brother also has mental health issues. I also know someone else who has taken over 500 doses of LSD who put himself through college studying architecture. These things can act as catalysts or accelerators, but they don't "give you" schizophrenia.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:03 PM   #45
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
People have pre-existing genetic traits that predispose them to developing schizophrenia, not to mention that these symptoms usually begin to manifest themselves in the late teen/early adult years. I know a schizophrenic guy who blames his singular experience with LSD for bringing out his condition, but his brother also has mental health issues. I also know someone else who has taken over 500 doses of LSD who put himself through college studying architecture. These things can act as catalysts or accelerators, but they don't "give you" schizophrenia.

i know it dosen't 'give' you schizophrenia, my mum works for a mental health charity so i know quite alot about Schizophrenia, and messing with pot when your brain hasn't fully developed (which is has by the age of about 25) can onset schizophrenia, it doesn't in everybody, but it has it quite a few, enough to make it a concern.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:03 PM   #46
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I like the company of stoned people, far more than the company of drunk people.
Drunk people can be obnoxious, rude, inarticulate, violent and leery.
Stoners on the other hand just find everything hilarious, and thats the kind of world i want to live in.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:29 PM   #47
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Is she the girl who was offensive saying she'd like you if you weren't that skinny or something?
If yes then she's definitely not worth bothering about. Find a better girl!

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 07:36 PM   #48
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
did she say you were immature based on how you behaved whilst stoned, by the way?
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 10:59 PM   #49
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
You should have got her some heart-shaped candies instead. Big smokin' fatties aren't very romantic. At least not in my book.

What are you talking about? Doobies are so romantic I can roll love buds (a doob two people can smoke at the same time, Lady and the Tramp spaghetti style if you will)
Weed is one of the best presents a person could give me, but it wont make me love you aha.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 11:06 PM   #50
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
What are you talking about? Doobies are so romantic I can roll love buds (a doob two people can smoke at the same time, Lady and the Tramp spaghetti style if you will)
Weed is one of the best presents a person could give me, but it wont make me love you aha.

Could you draw a diagram or show us a picture of a love bud?

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 11:12 PM   #51
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
this thread really cranked.

She hasnt seen me stoned, i thnk she was pissed off because she just wanted a nice time out, and having a smoke on an occasion like this wouldnt be right.
With my and my friends, we like to have a smoke before going to the beach or the movies or water slides, just for a bit of fun and change the ideas in our head.

Becuase im social retarded and get anxiety easly, i thought it could be somethin that would allow us to be both be in a comfortable zone, because she is someone who is comfortable anywhere.

I do think it was a bit of a stupid call on my behalf, but she didnt need to react in such a rudder manner.
Old 02.13.2007, 11:13 PM   #52
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
this is very true^.

stoners are always tired and want to go home by 10.30.

Lies! I'm a stoner and I usually go to bed around 2am on week nights just to get up at 7. Weekends are all over the place. Point being, not all stoners are always tired and going home at 10:30, some are machines, like myself.

Old 02.13.2007, 11:18 PM   #53
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Lies! I'm a stoner and I usually go to bed around 2am on week nights just to get up at 7. Weekends are all over the place. Point being, not all stoners are always tired and going home at 10:30, some are machines, like myself.

Old 02.13.2007, 11:24 PM   #54
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
Could you draw a diagram or show us a picture of a love bud?

I'm having trouble drawing a diagram haha, and don't have enough weed to roll one up for you. I'll keep trying though, or I'll find a picture on the internet.

Inhuman, I don't really get what you're trying to say.

Old 02.14.2007, 12:11 AM   #55
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Inhuman, I don't really get what you're trying to say.

haha, it was just a joke, I found the picture on the internet
Old 02.14.2007, 04:28 AM   #56
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
^
ditto. Hence that my first post in the thread referred to stoners, not pot-smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Just 'cos someone doesn't want to hang out with stoners, doesn't make them a bad person. Some of us enjoy conversations with lucid people.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 04:43 AM   #57
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
yeh im deff just a chief smoker not a stoner. I do still really fancy the girl, we are both unsure what we are going to do. We had a pretty big argument, just about how its all very frustrating our situation is.
Old 02.14.2007, 05:00 AM   #58
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
been there^ one of you may have to make a move and/or a big decision but look at things positively and constructively. all i will say is dont let if fester otherwise something that could be great may pass you by.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 05:03 AM   #59
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Do these girls you speak of really exist?And if they do,shouldn't you be chatting about this with them rather than with invisible people?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 05:03 AM   #60
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

yeh i dont want to have used all of this time for nothing in the end.
We are catching up on monday, so we shall see how it goes.
Maybe we can just stop in a quiet pub later on and get a few drinks. Does that sound more socialble?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth