Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why was I not born a girl?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2007, 02:23 AM   #41
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Mr. Marras, check your PM's please.

And this thread has made me wonder, what do you guys think about this?!
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2007/06/28/zahn.living.life.as.girl.cnn

Being a mama, I don't know what I would do in that situation. My number one priority for the rest of my life is to support my kids, do right for them and teach them to do what's right for themselves. But, this is something I would not quite know how to handle.

I do believe that some people are indeed born with the wrong parts. My cousin recently came out to the family, but I have honestly known since she was 3 that she was gay (obviously she did too) but more importantly, I remember thinking at a very young age she should have been born a boy.

Is it the parents right to make this kind of decision for a child who has not even entered puberty yet? Would you encourage or discourage behavioral tendencies of this nature? Please discuss.
I really cannot fathom that at all. When I was young, I had no emotional range whatsoever. I could be happy. I could be sad. I could be mad. That is about it. It wasn't until 5th grade maybe that I remember first feeling lonely (my little sister had just been born, and I became the left out middle child). For a seven year old to know that she was a girl, and not a boy is just almost unbelievable for me. The same goes for the gays and lesbians that say they've always known ever since they were 2 or 3 years old.

Who knows? Maybe I was just emotionally retarded for the first 10 years of my life.
Old 07.12.2007, 02:26 AM   #42
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I really cannot fathom that at all. When I was young, I had no emotional range whatsoever. I could be happy. I could be sad. I could be mad. That is about it. It wasn't until 5th grade maybe that I remember first feeling lonely (my little sister had just been born, and I became the left out middle child). For a seven year old to know that she was a girl, and not a boy is just almost unbelievable for me. The same goes for the gays and lesbians that say they've always known ever since they were 2 or 3 years old.

Who knows? Maybe I was just emotionally retarded for the first 10 years of my life.

I disagree with you on kids knowing whether they are gay at that young. I could not put it into context when I was small, but I definitely knew I was more attracted to the guys than the chicks. Not till I was in the seventh grade did I figure out I was a queer. But I do think some actually know they where gay, when they were young. But on the transgender issue, I think it is better to wait till they are older, to decide whether or not they really think they are a girl/boy.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 02:26 AM   #43
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Apparently all males question their sexuality at one point in their lives, generally pre-teens or early teens.
Old 07.12.2007, 02:49 AM   #44
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
According to Eddie Vedder?
Old 07.12.2007, 02:51 AM   #45
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
if i had kids (and i am not planning on it, but i'm also not ruling it out.) i would support and encourage any decision they made or lifestyle they chose to lead, provided it would make them happy. say if i had a daughter and she felt more comfortable as a male, i'm all for it.
I agree with you 100%.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 02:54 AM   #46
Norma J
invito al cielo

I'd accept it if my child came to me and said this at an age they're somewhat responsible. Before that I'd accept it just as much as I would of them being an astronaut.
Old 07.12.2007, 03:08 AM   #47
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Apparently all males question their sexuality at one point in their lives, generally pre-teens or early teens.
i don't buy it.
Old 07.12.2007, 03:19 AM   #48
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
porky, if you really want some tits, take mine.
Old 07.12.2007, 03:31 AM   #49
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i think girls generally have it rough, actually.

that being said, i treat my girlfriend like a fucking queen and she doesn't appreciate it one bit, so yeah... but most girls do have it rougher than men in my opinion.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 03:47 AM   #50
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
sarram - if you did decide to become a girly girl, you'd have to stop going to the King's Arms.
Old 07.12.2007, 03:48 AM   #51
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
well, i think women are constantly looked at as objects or status symbols or are just generally objectified by men. and i'm not a feminist or a defender of female rights or something, but i actually do feel that it's harder for a woman to attain a position of power or to move herself beyond society's usual limited choices for their roles in life. i think that, at least in america, everything is controlled by men, and let's just hope that the man controlling isn't a misogynist or just wanting to fuck everything that moves... i think that girls have so much sexuality that it's ridiculous. a guy can be good looking and girls might be like "oh he's good looking" but if a girl is good looking, that's such a blessing and a curse in our society. everyone gathers around to go "OH LOOK AT THAT HOT BITCH WITH THOSE BIG TITS MAN I WANNA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK." i don't see girls doing that with guys.. well, not most girls. i also think, from my experience with girls, that it's harder for a girl to be herself. it seems like there's more pressure on a girl to follow in her parent's footsteps... just something i noticed... that's how i view girls from an outside perspective... i think in our society they get treated a bit unfairly usually.. ... from a personal standpoint, almost every girl i've ever met or known of has been overly illogical, overly dramatic, overly sensitive, overly jealous, overly ridiculous, and overly insane... this obviously has to do with their hormones, because i'm guessing menstruation just fucks the body up all to hell.. but having dated the same girl for the past 4 years, i can safely say she is one of the coolest people i've ever met... for 3 weeks a month. so yeah. it's odd. i love the idea of girls. i just think that most girls are held back by the way the world works and don't even try to elevate themselves above what society has layed out for them.... girls are cool. they just need to realize they're cool and stop living other people's lives. turn off the television, turn off your fucking cellphone, and then do whatever it is you want to do, because you can do anything....... sadly, most of you probably won't. hmph.

yeah.

Old 07.12.2007, 03:48 AM   #52
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

note that i'm a bit robo'd so if some of that didn't make sense lemme know

Old 07.12.2007, 03:52 AM   #53
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i love the idea of girls.
All made sense, but that made me chuckle.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 03:54 AM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

hahah.

yeah i didn't even think about it., that's such a ridiculous thing to say, ain't it. actually, turns out, i love the idea of many things!

including this badass bottle of robotussin!

you know, i just went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and i actually look like jello does in your picture..

Old 07.12.2007, 04:12 AM   #55
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

well, i think as a whole, girls have it harder, but yes... girls can use their sex to their advantage more so than guys for sure...

and something less obvious that has bothered me since kindergarten... i can't wear a dress or a skirt without being made fun of, but girls can wear anything they want.. i couldn't play with barbies, but girls could play with g.i. joes... pretty much anything a guy does is okay for a girl to do but most of what girls do isn't okay for a guy to do...

and yeah.. a lot of girls talk about sex more so than men. in fact, from what i can tell, girls are generally more perverted than guys are -- they just aren't as direct about it. it's interesting.

i'm not taking sides. as a whole, as society and people in general, everyone actually has it pretty rough. i just think girls have had it a bit rougher. not that i feel sorry for them. it's up to them to change.

Old 07.12.2007, 06:41 AM   #56
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
girls DO tend to want sex more during/around their periods. this is also when most females (NOT that they ussualy do) are prone to cheat.

I've never heard that one, and i don't get an urge to cheat monthly, but i have heard that men are more prone to cheat when women get pregnant because of the woman's body changes and the fact they don't have sex as much. whether it's a fact or not, who knows.

this one kind of made me laugh too:
Quote:
i can't wear a dress or a skirt without being made fun of, but girls can wear anything they want..
girls CANNOT wear anything they want, especially when they're teenagers. once you hit seventh grade, if you shop at a walmart you're going to get made fun of. teenage girls are evil, and girls who are naively happy with being themselves will undoubtedly get picked on by some bitch who thinks she's a fashion queen whose parents buy her expensive clothes. boys can't wear skirts because homosexuality still isn't as accepted as it should be, which still may change someday. teenage girls will never change.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 06:44 AM   #57
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
i think i would enjoy to be a women for a few days. i would be a lesbian, though.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2007, 01:29 PM   #58
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

from the 4 girlfriends i've had, every single one of them wanted sex waaaaay more a few days before their period. it's those ragin hormones.

and yeah, EVERYONE thinks of cheating. i think guys do more so than girls, but we all think about it. one time i felt like shit for kissing a girl while dating another girl -- i mean, i broke up with the other girl like an hour later and it's not like i was making out with the girl i kissed; i just kissed her... and i was like 14.. so it's not like it matters.. but yeah. it made me sick to my stomach. so i decided i'd never even HUG another girl if i was still with a girl. it makes me feel icky.

that and the fact that i was cheated on when i was almost 16... and by cheated, i mean this chick jerked some other dude off while still dating me and he fingered her. when i found out -- through the dude; she denied it until a few years ago -- i didn't love her or feel anything towards her, but it still made me feel sick as fuck that she did that to me. so yeah.

cheating is bad..

Old 07.13.2007, 06:51 AM   #59
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
guys probally think about cheating more than girls, yes. id say that probally a fact. however, girls are most likely to actually go through with it. I know far more many cases of females cheating than males. maybe males just hide it better? possible, but i highly doubt it.

yep, cheating is really bad.
You're just plain wrong, but whatever.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 06:52 AM   #60
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
guys probally think about cheating more than girls, yes. id say that probally a fact. however, girls are most likely to actually go through with it. I know far more many cases of females cheating than males. maybe males just hide it better? possible, but i highly doubt it.

and is your scientific data just the fact that you personally know more females who cheat?
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth