Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page do you eat mayonnaise?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you eat mayonnaise?
yes. it's the best substance known to man, that oil and egg whites. 10 28.57%
no. it's nasty and gross and nasty. 14 40.00%
eh. it's nothing special, but if it's there, i'll eat it. 11 31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11.20.2007, 10:15 AM   #41
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
twinkies are fantastic!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 10:16 AM   #42
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
They'll outlast us all when Armageddon comes.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 10:18 AM   #43
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i was bought a box of them once and nearly had a heart attack a few days later.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 10:20 AM   #44
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i pity those who find no joy in eating

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !@#$%! again.

Mayo is awesome - I like to mix mayo and hot sauce.

The Japanese make a very sweet version called Kewpie.

When I eat Dim sum they always like to include a big glop of mayo on the fried stuff...that's when I politely decline. That's a bit too much fat.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 10:22 AM   #45
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
You're thinking of the filling in a Twinkie.

Twinkie filling is disgusting too. I can't believe all of the disgusting food people can consume without vomiting. I would never in a million years eat anything with mayonaisse, or ketchup for that matter, on it.
Old 11.20.2007, 10:53 AM   #46
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yo, pendejo, are you an expert in southwestern food way up in portland? just so you know, southwestern food has something worse than mayo, and it's melted yellow cheese on EVERYTHING.

That's so not true. Southwestern food uses very little cheese, and what little is used is usually cotija, which is white, not yellow. At least that's the case with New Mexican food and the Tex Mex that I've had.

Why does everyone assume that I am from Portland because I happen to live here, and have never been anywhere else in my life? Truth be told, I am very northwestern (though a small portion of it in Portland), but I just got back from visiting family in New Mexico a couple weeks ago. And I saw very little cheese on any of the food I ate there, and thankfully no mayonaise!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 11:06 AM   #47
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
That's so not true. Southwestern food uses very little cheese, and what little is used is usually cotija, which is white, not yellow. At least that's the case with New Mexican food and the Tex Mex that I've had.

Why does everyone assume that I am from Portland because I happen to live here, and have never been anywhere else in my life? Truth be told, I am very northwestern (though a small portion of it in Portland), but I just got back from visiting family in New Mexico a couple weeks ago. And I saw very little cheese on any of the food I ate there, and thankfully no mayonaise!

ha ha ok man i was just teasing. your thing sez portland

im a prisoner of new mexico at the moment, did you know? that's why i asked. every restaurant i go they put fucking melted cheese on everything. wtf is up with that, i ask you? enchiladas, tacos, chile relleno, this and that and the other, all with a glop of yellow goo on it. its like, have some variety, fuckers. ha ha. but anyway. there's no mayo though. where in new mexico do they live, if i may ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
You grandpa sounds like a modern day genius.

that's what ive been telling her.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 11:35 AM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky

When I eat Dim sum they always like to include a big glop of mayo on the fried stuff...that's when I politely decline. That's a bit too much fat.

man you just gave me the idea to mix chipotle powder with mayo.

now what can i put it on? spicy chicken salad? hm.... we're on to something here-- just not sure what
Old 11.20.2007, 01:20 PM   #49
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
man you just gave me the idea to mix chipotle powder with mayo.

now what can i put it on? spicy chicken salad? hm.... we're on to something here-- just not sure what

someone get chili's on the phone! we've got their next hot menu item!

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 01:21 PM   #50
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

oh man. that's the most disgusting thing i've ever heard of. mix this up with some jemkin and you've got yourself a party.

pass the meth.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 02:37 PM   #52
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
someone get chili's on the phone! we've got their next hot menu item!

that ass-tasting franchise will not desecrate my ongoing invention, pedestrian as it might be. no sir. what's next? chi-chis? taco-bell?
chipotle, garlic, lime mayo on... grilled chicken tits... & cilantro?

where is girlgun when we need her.

anyway, i should start planning lunch. i've become quite addicted to ramen noodles this week. must be the msg. ramen + tofu??

SHRIMP. yeah. hmmm.
Old 11.20.2007, 03:06 PM   #53
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
There are some decent ramen places in NYC. I had some good ramen outside of LA...or are you talking Top Ramen - crappy instant noodle poop.

You should see Tampopo if you dig real ramen:

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 03:10 PM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
There are some decent ramen places in NYC. I had some good ramen outside of LA...or are you talking Top Ramen - crappy instant noodle poop.

You should see Tampopo if you dig real ramen:

oh fuck yes ive seen that movie about 4 times, i love it.

yeah im in new mexico, remember? not even in albuquerque-- so it's maruchan 16-cent packets for me.

however, a malaysian friend showed me a trick recently (prolly the source of my recent addiction):

stir fry some vegetables, toss some grilled chicken, pork, shrim, tofu, whatever, mix the power from the flavor packets, maybe some vegetable broth, add the lightly boiled noodles, and you get some sort of, hm, lo mein? MSG-good and suprisingly affordable. i don't know why i never heard of this in grad school.
Old 11.20.2007, 11:13 PM   #55
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
My tolerance is growing.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2007, 11:16 PM   #56
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
No! For the love of all that is good and right in the world. No Mayo ever!
Old 11.21.2007, 01:05 AM   #57
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
You can't make a good burger without mayo. Period.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 01:18 AM   #58
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
damned truth. mayo kicks mustards ass. only think mustard is good for is pretzels, cept for that shit w/ the horsey sauce in it...mmmm.

blasphemy...have u ever had a good dry salami on french bread with qaulity spicy mustard and cornichon pickles? obviously not...

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2007, 01:32 AM   #59
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
hey dead air...FUCK YOU!

(ps...put me on yr ignore list)

I don't need a list to ignore you. I do it whenever you go off your meds to begin with. I definitely prefer when you say something interesting, but the trolling shit isn't that hard to tune out that I need special devices to help me.
Old 11.21.2007, 01:45 AM   #60
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:
ha ha ok man i was just teasing. your thing sez portland

im a prisoner of new mexico at the moment, did you know? that's why i asked. every restaurant i go they put fucking melted cheese on everything. wtf is up with that, i ask you? enchiladas, tacos, chile relleno, this and that and the other, all with a glop of yellow goo on it. its like, have some variety, fuckers. ha ha. but anyway. there's no mayo though. where in new mexico do they live, if i may ask?

Well, I am in Portland. I even really like it here, and am here by complete choice, but I've only been here half as long as I was in Olympia and a fifth as long as I was in Seattle. So yeah, I probably know more about salmon than southwestern fare, but I'm probably a lot more sick of salmon too. (I've seen that ruined by mayonaise too, it's a global trans-regional disease!)

My grandparents and aunt are all in Santa Fe now, where I went for my grandfather's 89th birthday. It's weird to hear about your cheese experience, because I had New Mexican food in three different traditional restaurants and I didn't encounter that once. New Mexican isn't my favorite version of Mexican food, because I really like tomatoes and tomatillos in my sauces, and theirs are pretty much straight up chili peppers. It tastes good, but I probably like southern Mexico for cuisine more. But I'd never tell my aunt that!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth