Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How verbally shocking/outrageous/heinous are you in person?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Really?
0 % 6 17.14%
10 % 7 20.00%
Between 20% and 40% 8 22.86%
50% 5 14.29%
70% 0 0%
Betweeen 80% and 90% 5 14.29%
Am I intimidating you? 1 2.86%
Marilyn Manson can kiss my arse.... 0 0%
.....and so can Madonna 1 2.86%
I can't get out of the house without getting into trouble 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.11.2008, 06:54 PM   #41
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I'm most shocking or outrageous when I am misunderstood and incapable of explaining myself. This happens ever so often, the example in the independent women thread works well.
I actually thought you elucidated yourself quite well there. Perhaps that says something about my thought process.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2008, 07:28 PM   #42
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
While my example may be clear, the way in which I originally described my observation of scientists must have been open to interpretation.

Or at least scrutiny in the feminist's eyes.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2008, 07:30 PM   #43
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses
I swear too much. I speak too loudly. I swear too loudly.

Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2008, 07:43 PM   #44
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
this kind of relates to the independent woman thing, some males i know take umbrage at women swearing, but i find it kind of attractive.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2008, 08:28 PM   #45
sobriquet
bad moon rising

sobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's assessobriquet kicks all y'all's asses
Actually come to think of it, I do have to curb my swearing, when talking with certain groups of society.
sobriquet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2008, 09:02 PM   #46
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I remember this one time I came back for the first time since being away at college and all my high school friends said I was cursing all the time. I thought it was me which in part was true but I also began to notice how conservative they all got after I left. It was kind of sad.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2008, 05:21 AM   #47
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet
I work with similar people, but I don't really damn them for it. It's more my problem than theirs. I often get asked the same questions over and over and hear the same stories 100 times in the course of the day.But I understand it's more likely 'cause they're looking to fill a silence. So I'm not going to string them up for that, 'cause I could just say 'shut up and stop talking shit' but I don't. I don't really mind, since I'm able to interpret this upon them opening their mouths. The only thing that wories me, is that it's contagious and you end up catching yourself occasionally babbling.But I suppose these things happen when you're thrown in to a situation with people have no choice over being around.

I can't really see the distinction, between me and them. They're just more upfront or confident about who they are on a broader scale, which is perhaps more admirable.It could be argued that the annonymous nature of a forum, is just a way of letting one post without the need to engage ones brain too much(as I'm sure you can tell), so again I couldn't really judge them. I suppose like I said above, if you're upfront about the way you feel, people get the message.Sometimes, you have to feel like a bastard, for the best outcome.

I think generally one tends to watch what they say around people they consider not of like mind; laying down subtext is an exhausting endeavour. I suppose, it's a difficult balance, between being yourself, and being a more formal version of yourself that boarders on the hypocritical.I must confess, that on a daily basis it's a juggling act, as to when where and how to stick up for yourself and your values.When all is said and done, I've signed up to an internet forum, so that must mean that really I must be a proponent of 'having your say' and that somewhere must believe that mine is a voice that is important enough to be heard, even if I don't realise it. The fact it's an internet forum shouldn't really come into it.

But I must say, I am getting less cranky with age and a little more understanding.

To summarise, I'm probably the same on internet forums as I am anywhere, when it really comes down to it.

i know that it's my problem, but it wouldn't bother me if i thought this girl was a nice person but sadly she's not. she's not a bitch, she's just not a good egg, she's the kind of person who if something good happens to her she keeps quiet about it so she doesn't have to share the benefits, but if something good happens to other people she wants to get a piece of their action.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2008, 12:08 PM   #48
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i am quite refined and polite in real life

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2008, 12:38 PM   #49
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i need a nap helmet

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2008, 12:45 PM   #50
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i'm quite easy going, but i mostly express my opinions on everything the way i see it, i speak my mind. but yeah, sometimes it depends, i'm never deliveratly an asshole, unless the other person deserves it.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2008, 07:02 AM   #51
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this question in a different way, but I take it as whether one tends to gauge the appropriateness of certain subject matter according to his social situation/surroundings, not whether one tends to be obnoxious.

In saying that, I would say I am missing whatever mental gauge that tells one how to assess his company/social setting and react accordingly. Meaning, I tend to say things that make others extremely uncomfortable/offended, and it's usually done completely unintentionally. I'm ordinarily honest to the point of being harsh, and am mostly incapable of making the small talk that is required for most average perfunctory social encounters.

In summary, I am socially retarded, with no hope of a cure.

That's kind of what I was aiming at, to an extent.
I deliberately asked the question in a semi-vague way because I predicted posts that confused rudeness and foul language with being a bona fide thought-provocateur.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2008, 07:06 AM   #52
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'm quite easy going, but i mostly express my opinions on everything the way i see it, i speak my mind. but yeah, sometimes it depends, i'm never deliveratly an asshole, unless the other person deserves it.

The thing with being easy-going is that you get people who are extremely amiable within their social interactions, and still they can come up with things totally out of the blue that make their interlocutors wonder about them or feel uncomfortable.

As for my shocking factor, I can come across as being candidly dismissive of anyone who irritates me by saying exactly what I feel they might not want to hear in a totally relaxed manner.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2008, 07:13 AM   #53
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
I swear quite a lot, i get angry and irritated quite easily. I also tell awesome jokes. I am tall, that can be intimidating to some people sometimes, which is sad and pathetic.

Most of my current close friends are boys, girls don't tend to like me very often, i think it's because i can be quite elitist about who i choose to hang out with, and what music i listen to, etc etc. I also have quite strong views about politics, art and music.

I used to have mostly girls as best friends, but now i find them too bitchy and catty. Boys are just more laid back, they don't argue any where near as much!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2008, 06:50 PM   #54
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I tend to curse very loudly in large crowds or restaurants. I don't intend to, it just happens. Also, friends have told me for years that I am the most elegant profaner they've even heard. As in, I curse in a very literary style or it's just not nonsensical stream of obscening, it actually sounds better vulgar. No subject is taboo with me, I will talk with anyone about anything anywhere.
Old 04.13.2008, 08:00 PM   #55
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
The thing with being easy-going is that you get people who are extremely amiable within their social interactions, and still they can come up with things totally out of the blue that make their interlocutors wonder about them or feel uncomfortable.

As for my shocking factor, I can come across as being candidly dismissive of anyone who irritates me by saying exactly what I feel they might not want to hear in a totally relaxed manner.

ah yeah, but don't everybody get that? i mean, if someone is completely blunt and passionately opinionated and a dick about all even, can't that person encounter another one, opposed to them who might come off non-forceful, or by the same token, someone as in your face?

i'm easy going and opinionated, but i get both kinds of people, the ones who are really loud about their thoughts and the syncophants you describe; i'm up for a good debate though, so if someone if trying to slip crap on the side, well, that's not a person i'd like to have anything to do with.

if someone irritates me, i don't give them the time of day, i just say "ohh really?" and listen, in case the person is making a rational point (if not, i just walk away).
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2008, 08:10 PM   #56
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i can be a horrible drunk, really really fucking vindictive and nasty to people i care about. also out of control, belligerent, try to hard to get laid. 7 times out of 10 id wake up after a night of boozing and be told by someone what i did, of which i never remebered, and would have to apologize. i cut way back on booze though, so i duno, im generally pretty nice to everyone.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth