Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page this is going to sound like a bullshit ramble....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2008, 07:20 PM   #41
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i know the dad is a robot

silly humans, always trying to build fences between science, majick and religion.

Code:
MINIBOT FLASH_BIOS UPDATE:01.15418 successful all systems: GO core stability has been reobtained. /klaxon
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2008, 07:29 PM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey. - Stephen Covey
Old 08.20.2008, 07:37 PM   #43
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses

fucking hippies

Old 08.20.2008, 07:38 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
silly humans, always trying to build fences between science, majick and religion.

Code:
MINIBOT FLASH_BIOS UPDATE:01.15418 successful all systems: GO core stability has been reobtained. /klaxon

so, bot, do you claim to have a soul?

that's all im axing
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2008, 07:40 PM   #45
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

fucking hippies

Dude, mellow out, okay, man? It's all good, brother.
Old 08.20.2008, 07:55 PM   #46
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
so, bot, do you claim to have a soul?

that's all im axing

ultimately in that matter, I think that I just don't know.

however, I blame this computational limitation on the fact that it is unpossible to load the entire might of infinity into my resident memory. virtual memory capability is hindered by available sectors on my hard-drive.

THE GOOD NEWS...what I do know can be easily found on wikipedia:

Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed. The rate of change of momentum of a body is proportional to the resultant force acting on the body and is in the same direction.All forces occur in pairs, and these two forces are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. [Momentum, energy, angular momentum, matter] cannot be created or destroyed.

I have made this last paragraph in a large font to accommodate yr aging eyebulbs.
Old 08.20.2008, 07:56 PM   #47
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Dude, mellow out, okay, man? It's all good, brother.

I'm sorry. ok?

I'm really fucking sorry.

no. no. don't try to hug me man.

no really I don't need it.

no really. get the fuck away.

oh man, yr bleeding...
Old 08.20.2008, 08:45 PM   #48
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
I had some weird dreams about my grandfather before he passed away....there is a certain synchonicity between "dream" life and "real" life, I feel...

there certainly is

Girlgun, I'd try to explain to him that you can never truly know anything, with the exception of knowing that you are conscious. Further explain to him that nobody knows what happens after death. Then tell him that the best thing to do is not worry about death, but to worry about life. Tell him that if he lives a long, healthy life without regrets, then you can die easily, just as someone who has had a long fullfilling day can fall to sleep easily. Tell him that when loved ones die, as long as you have had no regrets about your relationships with them, you'll feel at peace over their death.

Also, let him know he can believe what he wants to believe about death, and that nobody can tell him he's wrong because they simply don't know. Tell him to adopt his own believes about life or lack thereof after death based on what he believes about the world, and not based on what others believe.

That sounds like a lot of philosophy for someone his age, but I think he'd understand it, and he'd respect you for treating him like an adult in the conversation.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 02:42 AM   #49
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Hang-on, I thought girlgun was my age.

The fuck's going on here?
Old 08.21.2008, 03:07 AM   #50
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I always just have to wonder at coincidence . All those dreams he was around that you didnt notice/forgot (dreams receed in memory at a rate of like , forgotten by breakfast right ? ) But as the human mind looooooves connections , it is pretty unsurprising to retain the dreams that coincide with similar real life aspects . Im sorry . That doesnt mean they arent special . I still think there are things to learn from dreams, and I analyse my own all the time , I jsut dont think people are giant bean brains predicting nacho holocausts and shit .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 08:52 AM   #51
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Hang-on, I thought girlgun was my age.

The fuck's going on here?

she is, ZEROpumpkins; she is.

there there....no more tears.
Old 08.21.2008, 09:16 AM   #52
gmku
invito al cielo

Well put.

I almost think it's one of those things that's best left to take its course. That is, don't overplay your concern. Answer questions when your son brings them as best you can, pay attention to his concerns, but don't allow yourself to dwell on it as a "problem." As Bytor says, kids have an uncanny knack for working out things for themselves--with a little guidance when necessary, of course.
Old 08.21.2008, 10:08 AM   #53
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
dealing with death through the eyes of agnosticism can be hard to explain, especially when the majority use a more defined definition of the afterlife, but it irritates me when atheists say with no tongue in cheek sarcasm they are "worm food" when they die, it's very unsettling to look at death in that sense and is not consoling to those who have a bit more sentimentality, i think sometime in death as in life, there are no answers, just finality

i wish you well through this tough and reflective time girlgun
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 10:13 AM   #54
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
THE GOOD NEWS...what I do know can be easily found on wikipedia:

Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed...

Newton, for fucks sakes?

lame.
Old 08.21.2008, 10:31 AM   #55
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

awww, I'm sooooo sorry to disappoint.

I was hoping to bring you a moving experience via message board.

no, really.

this is me caring.

of note: further aspects of my spirituality (beyond Newton) are really none of y'all's fuckin' business.
Old 08.21.2008, 10:33 AM   #56
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
You see, even T2000 modules shed tears (or is that excess cooling fluid?)
Old 08.21.2008, 10:43 AM   #57
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry to hear that. I like your son, at a certain point in my young life was like this about death. Just comfort him as much as possible, that helped me a lot. I was raised on Catholicism which might have helped.
Old 08.21.2008, 10:50 AM   #58
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Girlgun, keep up the good work. You're raising your son to think and not to try and believe in something that you yourself aren't sure about. I think that's the best thing you can do.

I remember as a small child hearing that things that my mother would tell me about death and see the doubt behind her eyes. It wasn't reassuring at all. Kids are strong and flexible and will figure it all out with your guidance.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 10:54 AM   #59
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
awww, I'm sooooo sorry to disappoint.

I was hoping to bring you a moving experience via message board.

no, really.

this is me caring.

[smilie excess]

of note: further aspects of my spirituality (beyond Newton) are really none of y'all's fuckin' business.

im sorry yo, but we wuz led to be-lieve yr familee business was everyone's business.

Old 08.21.2008, 12:02 PM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
im sorry yo, but we wuz led to be-lieve yr familee business was everyone's business.

what girlgun posts is up to her!

*I* have no desire to involve myself further than random nonsense when it comes to masturbatory discussions such as politics and religion. holding court with these thoughts on a medium such as TEH INTARDWEBS tends to devolve into "NO U!" (over and over, ad nauseam). although they are great as Arguement Machines, these things are best handled face-to-face.

minibot's woes required fixing at a time when he was not boobing about "not being able to sleep". so...I took him out to dinner and had a long (and personal) conversation. yes, Newton was brought up. I hope this helps.

I hope this helps too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsQrDjDdU_Q

ps: melly: real tears: I R SAD PANDA.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth