Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Motorsport Thread 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.01.2009, 11:18 AM   #41
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
not with obama in the white house. it just seems wrong somehow. we're in a new era now. time to forget and move on.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2009, 11:21 AM   #42
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
but your sig isn't new. i've seen it before. or does our need to forget include forgetting that i've seen that before?

i could do the imagine thing earlier. but i draw a line when it comes to brain scraping.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:24 AM   #43
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It's new to me. Pre Obama, the thought of having a coloured person in my signature (even a frightened one) would be inconceivable. It's my own way of registering change.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:35 AM   #44
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
wow you really have a crush on B-Rock.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:41 AM   #45
demonrail666
invito al cielo

it's all about making changes.
Old 05.01.2009, 11:42 AM   #46
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

....except in regards to kickass owl sigs
Old 05.01.2009, 12:09 PM   #47
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

can you at least place the owl scarfing the rodent in place of your new sig character's face?
Old 05.01.2009, 01:29 PM   #48
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
as for mclarens punishment...its exactly what was deserved although i didnt think they would suspend the sentence...i thought they would ban them for 3 races! they were punished for the ontrack activities or cock up by being disqualified from melbourne....and now they have had their knuckles slapped for the diabolical balls up in the stewards office..if they didnt receive any action anarchy would have ensued with every team bending rules here and there until they met in the middle....

all the controversy this year is all silly and totally avoidable, the dd diffusers..illegal, then legal then protest then counter protests then legal and guess what...still legal!! melbourne..mclaren made a scapegoat out of one of their longest loyalest employers in dave ryan..and they sacked him, no question. all he was doing was trying to rectify, albeit a bit sloppily, a mistake and lewis had to back him up but no, he totally hung him out to dry...i thought it was shameful..and then dennis gets out of there 5 months early..coincidence????? no i dont...

lets hope thatsall behind us now..
this weekend

a1gp finale at brands
the world touring cars in marakeesh in morrocco
world seies by renault in..spa i think
richmond trash around the short oval for nascar....
weekends rule all!
Old 05.01.2009, 01:44 PM   #49
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
as for mclarens punishment...its exactly what was deserved although i didnt think they would suspend the sentence...i thought they would ban them for 3 races! they were punished for the ontrack activities or cock up by being disqualified from melbourne....and now they have had their knuckles slapped for the diabolical balls up in the stewards office..if they didnt receive any action anarchy would have ensued with every team bending rules here and there until they met in the middle....

That was my point. I think a three match ban would've been appropriate so to suspend it is effectively turning a blind eye and I'm sure that if it'd been a smaller team the towel would've been thrown at them.

And COMPLETELY agree about Ryan being made a scapegoat.

Also, can I be the first to say that I find Lewis Hamilton's dad really annoying? You compare him to Massa's dad, who is obviously just there supporting his son. Lewis's dad though seems to wander around like he's a part of the team. He'll be trying to call strategies soon.
Old 05.02.2009, 04:46 PM   #50
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
well he is on his managerial team....... but yeah, well i dont know to be honest..lewis really hasnt had much of a life, its been racing racing school racing and now a pussycat doll... strange...

other news

september 2009.. nintendo wiii official f1 game with kers, slick tyres and the first chance to race on the abu dhabi track before they do in reality...cant fucking wait... mario kart wheel essential!!!! also seemingly voice contact with pit radio.....yes..the last few ps2 f1 games have been shite..the best was the ps1 f1 99.. it was the only game that you could really do a full race simulation and not get bored with it or win by 7 laps......

ireland on 2 poles for the a1gp finale.... bring the trophy to ireland adam!!!!

if you are still up..nascar from richmond on sky sports 1 at 12.30am...
Old 05.02.2009, 04:59 PM   #51
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Motorsport coverage is the sole reason that I might actually get sky.
Old 05.03.2009, 06:15 AM   #52
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

it is the sole reason i got it! well i do watch a bit of football too!
Old 05.03.2009, 10:23 AM   #53
ithinkimissyou
stalker

ithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's assesithinkimissyou kicks all y'all's asses
Great win for Ireland in the A1GP, Carroll drove a great race - hope he gets a shot in F1

F1 could still learn a lot from A1GP as regards on board action, and making the cars and drivers more accessible to ordinary fans
Old 05.04.2009, 06:49 AM   #54
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

for certaindave. i think f1 are slowly learning that they arent royalty and they shit like veryone else.... ticket price reduction would be a start..
it would have cost me 250 euro to get a ticket for the f1 race in silverstone this year, that doesnt include paddock or passes to the pit... its 35 euro for a ticket for the a1gp finale, paddock pit and entire circuit access for that!!!

adam carroll, possible replacement for piquet or maybe barrichello when he retires at the end of the season....hope so!!

and rte (irish state broadcaster) should be ashamed of themselves, barely a mention in the news of irelands victory...rio ferdinand got higher than an actual irish achievement........
Old 05.12.2009, 02:33 PM   #55
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Barcelona.

The start of the season 'proper' I suppose, and Brawn still on top. I can't quite understand Reuben's problem with the team's decision to switch Button to two stops. Ferrari look to be closing the gap while McLaren seem to be widening it. Not much interest during the race, despite the mini pile up at the beginning. Jenson has to start thinking about the prospect of being possible champion now. He's never had to face that kind of pressure before. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with it.

I wish the BBC would replace that Jake Humphrey's bloke though. He seems like a blue peter presenter. They should just let Martin Brundle anchor the whole thing.
Old 05.13.2009, 03:46 AM   #56
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I wish the BBC would replace that Jake Humphrey's bloke though. He seems like a blue peter presenter. They should just let Martin Brundle anchor the whole thing.

I agree, he just seems like some cunt who has no input and gets paid to travel around the world for nothing. He knows nothing about F1 compared to Brundle.

I'm very pleased for Jenson Button, and it nice to see a season which isn't just dominated by Mclaren and Ferrari.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.13.2009, 09:13 AM   #57
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

wow, no way guys. humphrieys is pretty ok. he was brought up in a racing family. his dad used to run a quite respectable formula ford/formula three team and i reckon he does know what he is talking about for certain... the weak link in the whole bbc thing is eddie jordan, he is increasingly getting more irritating and self applauding. i reckon dc will deck him sooner rather than later....

great season in prospect but what about this shit about ferrari pulling out next year if this 40million quid budget cap is introduced? my feeling is fuck them, if they cant abide by the rules then dont play. f1 needs a budget cap to welcome in new teams, to financially survive and it seems its a good excuse for ferari to excerise their strangle grip on the fia again...although its weakening.. there was a time when f1 needed ferrari but not now, ferari needs f1, its their only real marketing ploy, its their business..they are a f1 team that makes road cars on the side, they always were and always will be but they are too big in their boots to see the bigger picture..would these guys have threateded to pull out about 6 or 7 years ago...i doubt it. the worryting thing is that toyota, renault and now i hear bmw are threatening the same, they of course havent got the rewards for their input, they have all been pretty terrible bar 05 and 06 for renault..and this year bmw should be thrown out for their total inept attitude to the team and their drivers....... maybe its time for the manufacturers to fuck off and get f1 back to the way it was and thats race teams building their own cars.....its not that long ago that there wa only maybe 2 manufacturers in it..... nferari in f1 is much better than a two tier have vs have nots that would happen otherwise...... its crazy but at the end of the day ferrari are not gonna pull out, if they do you will see them as a company falling flat on its back.

as for the on track..yes its great to see jenson up there but its better to see mark webber and vettel giving it loads. the red bull is the fastest car out there and the prettiest by amile and thats without double diffusers and the now seemingly pointless kers systems...

monaco in 2 sundays.... williams to score a win with rosberg??? bvery possible, he was great last year until his smash and following that we have the greatest race ever, i mean they take one month to complete the practice and qualifications, the indianapolis 500... dari franchitti and hopefully helio castro nevers to battle it out for the win. now thats some racing!!!
Old 05.22.2009, 10:40 AM   #58
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

monaco and indy 500 in one day!! it doesnt get much better than this...
Old 05.23.2009, 09:31 AM   #59
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Great qualifying session for Monaco today.

Hamilton out in the first round, Ferrari on the pace and Button pulling it out of the bag at the last knockings.

Button v a KERS loaded Kimi into turn one is going to be a thriller.

Can't wait (obviously)
Old 05.23.2009, 09:35 AM   #60
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
the weak link in the whole bbc thing is eddie jordan, he is increasingly getting more irritating and self applauding. i reckon dc will deck him sooner rather than later

I've been noticing that too. I'm still not sold on Humphreys but Eddie Jordan is really getting on my tits. His constant jibes at DC are just weird. Have you noticed he won't even look at him when DC is talking to him? It's actually quite embarrassing to watch.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth