Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.27.2010, 06:28 AM   #621
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

I can't give you enough rep for that.
Yeah, that was a wonderful match. I've never seen our guys play that good before, especially after those two disatrous matches against New Zealand and Netherlands

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 07:13 AM   #622
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
^I loved the Slovakia v Italy game! It was awesome!!! I actually have a similar shirt like that (not sure if I still have it), it was given to me when I was on a school exchange in Bratislava.

Hehe, but can you see into the future? Netherlands v Slovakia isn't until tomorrow... although I suppose you meant the disastrous match against Paraguay. Anyway, good luck tomorrow. May the best team win.

Can't wait for today's afternoon game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZaWe3elBmE
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 07:53 AM   #623
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
you sure have a better team and your guys look in a much better shape than the sorry-ass primadonas from Italy.
I sense a good match.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 08:52 AM   #624
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
As !@#$%! pointed out this one falls to Bradley the guys didn't bail him out.
USA's biggest problem is the lack of world class striker. They had their chances yesterday but once inside the box they tend to panic and shoot quickly never setting the goalie up. Plus they never seem to lift the ball they always keep it along the ground giving the goalie the use of his entire body to block the shot. They also never try a cute little flip they always try to hit it as hard as they can. Howard was no help either he gets beat to easily. He makes the difficult and flashy stops but the easy one (the first goal) he comes up lame.

Congrats to Ghana who played to their strengths muscling the USA off of every 50-50 ball. Gyan used hos body to perfection on the second goal.

I was very happy with the officiating as it was a well called match, going in I though they might give Ghana the home field advantage but they didn't indeed even giving the USA a penalty kick. Oh well onto the blood bath
Germany vs. England.....
Old 06.27.2010, 09:21 AM   #625
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hot damn, klose equalizes pelé @ 12 goals

pelé skipped i think 1970 though, on advice of his witch doctor, ha ha ha (but back in those days games would often end 6-4)

edit: i checked, it was 1962 due to injury but i've seen a documentary that reported it was witch doctor advice that kept him out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 09:38 AM   #626
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
holy shit england was just fucking robbed! wow!! that's way too fucked.
Old 06.27.2010, 10:14 AM   #627
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
hey fifa, 1965 called. they want their non-instant-replay-sport back.

fuck fifa. this just keeps getting worse.

why bother laying down lines, and let's just make the ref wear beer goggles. it'll be entertaining and the calls couldn't be any worse.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 10:23 AM   #628
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
hey fifa, 1965 called. they want their non-instant-replay-sport back.

fuck fifa. this just keeps getting worse.

why bother laying down lines, and let's just make the ref wear beer goggles. it'll be entertaining and the calls couldn't be any worse.

this game has always been full of fuck-ups man. still it has billions of followers. what we do is bitch, complain, curse the gods, make death threats to the ref, and smash cars on the way out of the stadium. it's a perfect game, and like life, often fucked up unfair, and most of the time you suffer until something good happens and you explode with joy. if you don't get this.

OH SHIT KLOSE MAN! golazo!

ok if you don't get this you never will. street games don't have cameras. gotta go watch seeya.
Old 06.27.2010, 10:28 AM   #629
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i know that. but they could always improve. other sports aren't perfect either. but they are trying. its stupid that the only person in the world who can't see the instant replay is the guy making the call.

don't matter in this instance though. Muller and Ozul goin off. making Barry look terrible.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 11:01 AM   #630
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

finished! shit it was mueller not klose, that's what i get for making long posts mid-game. i was just saying that yes unfair calls are fucked but this doesn't turn this into a shit or meaningless sport not by a million miles & stop beating this dead horse.

anyway germany deserved to win regardless. i liked thim since day 1 (or 2, was it?) & missed their loss to serbia, so all i have of them is good impressions. ozli/podolski/klose are great and now mueller whom i hadn't noticed before turn this into a deadly team when on the attack.

the first english goal was in my eyes a fuckup by neuer, who came out with eyes closed flapping his hands like a fucking scarecrow on crack, he did the same in the invalidated goal (eyes closed, hands flapping, the fucktard). he redeemed himself later, but had a bad first half.

england did what they could for a while but as soon as they started running out of gas germany fucked them up. the sad part was that at that point england lost their heart & started doing whatever-- if you saw rooney shoot at the goal near the end, catching a corner kick, he had this look in his face like he didn't give a shit.

not sure if the annulled goal didn't matter, not sure it would have been at 4-2 as the psychological advantage of an early 2-2 would have been good for england. the germans knew it was a goal & were shocked for a while but came out of it with plenty cojones with the security of being 1 goal ahead-- who knows what might have turned out otherwise.

i favored germany from the start & didn't wanna rub it in mostly cuz i like mr. demoño. and if england placed 2nd in our group they deserved to die at the same stage we did. anyway, gotta go cook for the argentina-mexico which should be fun and about which i'm torn or "a neutral person".
Old 06.27.2010, 11:09 AM   #631
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
It may be weird to not root for England with a last name like Benningfield,
but you can blame my German grandfather. Well, he's been dead
awhile now, so no, don't. That's a bit rude.
Old 06.27.2010, 11:36 AM   #632
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this game has always been full of fuck-ups man. still it has billions of followers. what we do is bitch, complain, curse the gods, make death threats to the ref, and smash cars on the way out of the stadium. it's a perfect game, and like life, often fucked up unfair, and most of the time you suffer until something good happens and you explode with joy. if you don't get this.

I get it and couldn't agree more. I hate it in all of the American sports as well. Good or bad the refs are there for a reason. Half the times in American football when they can see they have to overturn the call they come up with the inadvertent whistle stopped play so there's nothing they can do yet clearly the players never stopped playing. Instant replay is BS.

As for the game itself even if England knotted it at 2-2 You just knew Germany was going to open up England again as Terry and the other center back were thoroughly outclassed today.
Old 06.27.2010, 11:52 AM   #633
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Can't disagree with anything !@#$%! or Chicka has said. England were just outclassed in almost every area. Too many big-name players just didn't perform throughout the entirety of the tournament. Capello made too many bad decisions. Tactically, England are leagues behind a lot of teams that never even made it past the group stage. A defeat would have been one thing but that was an obliteration. By a team with a striker that looks like Robert Forster, ffs!

A singer in The Go-Betweens

A German Striker:

Anyway, I'm supporting Holland now. Come on the Oranges.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 12:38 PM   #634
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
if Mexico wins....I will kill a man...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 12:59 PM   #635
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
the streets in germany are overfilled with drunken people in tricots.
whats happening?
I feel alienated

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 01:02 PM   #636
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Germany just kicked England's ass.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 01:20 PM   #637
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
holy shit england was just fucking robbed! wow!! that's way too fucked.

robbed, more like tossed up!

peace out Inglaterra! I knew Alemania would do it! I am so glad all the Eurotrash teams are out, peace out France (bitches) peace out Italy (fascists) peace out England (pricks)!
I'm sure Germany and Spain will get their asses knocked out soon nuff!
This is the Americas Cup all around! Even Africa has stuck it out!

I am rooting for Mexico all the way, but its a sure long shot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
if Mexico wins....I will kill a man...

so will like half of Los Angeles if they lose..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2010, 01:29 PM   #638
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
robbed, more like tossed up!

[...]

I am rooting for Mexico all the way, but its a sure long shot..

ball was almost a meter past the goal line but the stupid uruguayan assistant ref didn't see it cuz he was floating slowly instead of running. neuers only good move was to fake it like it was nothing grab it and play and the refs ate it up.

i'm putting my (monopoly) money on argentina, but you never know. to be frank, i have more faith in argentina being able to beat germany than mexico.

ok here we go
Old 06.27.2010, 01:57 PM   #639
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

messi-tevez, what a play!

1-0

que la chupen!

wazzit really offside/???
Old 06.27.2010, 01:59 PM   #640
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
do people here actually stop the internet and watch the matches?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
293031 32 33343542 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth