Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What the living fuck are Tapas?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2007, 09:07 PM   #61
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, I understood.

I just recommend you take all your job applications home with you so that you can consult a dictionary beforehand.

What I also instantly understood is that you are a typical lazy goofball that cannot even spell rather commonplace words, which speaks volumes.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 09:14 PM   #62
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, what an utter condescending asshole you are. I mean, seriously, I go online to relax and shoot the shit with people of interest. Instead, I have an anal-retentive spelling nazi up my ass. I bet you're a chore of a person in real life, too.

Next time you have a job interview, grow some empathy and understanding.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 09:18 PM   #63
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that's it. Try to spin it around. You neg-repped me (neg rep means nothing to me) recently, but I complimented your thread. Surely you made a mental note of that. But you spat on my compliment. Now, you have to deal with me. It's your own doing. I know it's tough to be reminded what a typical intellect you are by contrast, so it's inevitable that you hate me like the other pathetic ones.

If one cannot spell words like "pastime" and "masturbate" then one has some sort of memory impairment. And hey, you might not even smoke kind bud. If you do, you probably shouldn't.

It makes no difference to me really. I'm used to both the blessing and the curse of my intelligence, and I've grown accustomed to being surrounded by piggish people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Wow, what an utter condescending asshole you are.

No, sir, you are the asshole that believes themself to be above others.

And, just like most assholes, you always try to spin things around and project your failings onto others.

You are the person who can't even pay attention enough to know how to spell ordinary words like "pastime" and "masturbate."

You are the person that thinks they are such hot shit that they do not value an education and are most content to just get by being average.

And, in your stubborness, you, ultimately, are the loser.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:28 PM   #64
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Just because I didn't get around to thanking you doesn't mean that I purposefully ignored it. I'd rather be a typical intellect than an indecent, condescendingly smug jerk. Let me help you out since you seem to fail at the social and, I'm afraid, intellectual graces.

A spelling obsession and a holier-than-thou streak does not make you a unique and intelligent person. Only an idiot would think that there is a litmus test for intelligence. Apparently, you think spelling is it.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:36 PM   #65
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
You are the person who can't even pay attention enough to know how to spell ordinary words like "pastime" and "masturbate."
How about I go with the tried and true...

Not everyone treats the internet like a dissertation paper. Those that do need to chill the fuck out.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:42 PM   #66
atari 2600
invito al cielo

You sure do keep that spinning wheel spinning. What an evil streak you've got going there. The comment about thanking me was made in passing.

Once again, your quasi-literate brain chooses to ignore the context the words were in.

What I wrote was
Quote:
pbradley would rather start shit than just accept or acknowledge my compliment of this thread. Just the type of guy he is, you see. Oh, and he's yet another feeble and quasi-literate person, folks. If anything, you'd think he'd know how to spell "masturbated."

Which is all true. You did start shit with me. I don't care if you thanked me or not. That would be ridiculous. That's not the issue. The issue is you started shit with me so I tit-for-tatted your sorry ass because you can't spell simple words. I did it to underscore the fact that I was dealing with a typical lazy prick.

Well, I suppose two wrongs don't make a right. I suppose I do, ultimately, not have much of a point. The world is always going to be filled with people who do not care about anything but themselves despite whatever stink I raise about it on some dumb messageboard.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:46 PM   #67
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
What I also instantly understood is that you are a typical lazy goofball that cannot even spell rather commonplace words, which speaks volumes.
Yes, I am a lazy goofball on the internet. That we can agree upon. Given the relaxed nature of the internet, I'm not bothered. It's like shouting at a friend over a cup of coffee because she used a double negative. However, someone like you would surely do such a thing so, please, judge away.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:51 PM   #68
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
The issue is you started shit with me so I tit-for-tatted your sorry ass because you can't spell simple words.
Really, what did I say that started shit with you. I really want to know. I would like to be aware of what sets you off so that I can avoid another eye's worth of whine and self-superiority.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:52 PM   #69
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Whatever. I can acknowledge some of that. But this all goes beyond just a couple of misspelled words. I know you're a dummy from everything you write.

Don't feel too sad, I consider just about everyone a dummy and since I rarely act on this knowledge in life, I'm taking it out on the bufoons here. You mused earlier about why publishers had editors. My answer is because most contemporary writers are hacks, so naturally, editors are needed. Most writers are writers simply because they have the ego to assert that they are a writer and then they furiously work at it all the time to constantly remind the world that, yes, they are a writer.
Many of these so-called wordsmiths also have family money that they can fall back on in hard times.

I just find it difficult to understand why people are so very lame and dispassionate. I always have.

It just makes me wonder what in the living fuck they are even living for, you see.

It makes no sense to me to sleepwalk through life, but for others it just seems to come natural to their warped minds.
Old 06.13.2007, 09:57 PM   #70
pbradley
invito al cielo

Since most of my posts are attempts at humor, if my sense of humor is not to your liking, I could care less. If you judge my intelligence by my humor, I would say that you are a confused individual.
Old 06.13.2007, 10:01 PM   #71
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Which is the very reason I switched things up in that last post and used the term "bufoon."

So what's your philosophy of life, pbradley?
Old 06.13.2007, 10:04 PM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
How about I go with the tried and true...

Not everyone treats the internet like a dissertation paper. Those that do need to chill the fuck out.

that's what happens to people who instead of going out into the world to fulfill their potential, stay home to smoke pot, watch tv and post on the internet. they need to pour their sterile energy somewhere.

let this be a cautionary tale.

now stop arguing with the pothead.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2007, 10:07 PM   #73
pbradley
invito al cielo

Your confusing dispassionately writing a post on an internet forum with being dispassionate for life. I'm actually a very passionate person when it comes to particular things. You may not be passionate about that same things as I am and vice versa but that doesn't mean that I have no passion and am just walking through life. I've generally backpacked more miles than most people have hiked in their lives and that's only one example.
Old 06.13.2007, 10:16 PM   #74
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Yeah, you're a swell person. That's why you twist words around and tell white lies by omission at the drop of a hat. Because you're such a cool guy. Look, like most, you know relatively nothing of literature, physics, fine art or philosophy. I will even venture to say that you have an average knowledge of current events and world politics. You're dispassionate. You have a neurotic schtick you put on to cover up your failings. You'll always be able to find others to help gang up on me. You see, I'm the real minority. You people (yes, YOU PEOPLE) are the mob, and it's no paranoid delusion or self-fulfilling prophecy. At this point, after years of posting here, it's observable, empirical fact.
Old 06.13.2007, 10:28 PM   #75
pbradley
invito al cielo

Years? Jesus fucking Christ. In light of this new information, I'm not going to listen to a lecture of some digital age sophist with an superiority complex (which I wouldn't be surprised to see stemming from a inferiority complex in denial, but I'm no psychologist) with a sack of weed and no real actual life.

I give up but I'm sure that you'll be able to convince yourself that you've won... something... out of these last few pages.
Old 06.13.2007, 10:55 PM   #76
atari 2600
invito al cielo

And I suppose that it was by no merit that I tested on the Stanford-Binet at 141, was valedictorian of my high school, appointed to the U.S. Naval Academy, and on the President's List throughout college. It would take more than one post to properly document all of my awards and achievements, academic and otherwise. But, hey, I don't have a life, remember? That's funny, since I'm the only person on this board that has demonstrated through their writing over the years that I have anecdotes and stories for days. From past threads, I know that few, if any, have had as many jobs as I have, attended as many colleges, and have as many tales borne from clubs and bars and hard living. I used to write a lot more about my experiences on the old board. Some, no doubt, remember these posts somewhat. I've also lived in more places and seen more of the world than most here in all probability.

It's precisely because I was passionate and was humble enough to realize that I needed to an education beyond what is typically spoon-fed that caused me to sacrifice the time and energy to learn knowledge.

You, on the other hand, blatantly have demonstrated with your perpetual insolence disguised as "humor" that you believe that you have everything all figured out at whatever young age you are. Like very few people, I had a distinguished amount of knowledge even by the time I was twenty-one. Sorry, but you don't quite cut it to be included in the same echelon.

Now, truthfully, I don't know much about you except that you're in "san franSISSYco."
But this causes me to postulate that you or your parents are wealthy and thus, you do exhibit some education, but it's likely that you've had shit just handed to you and that you're spoiled. That's okay, fear not, because of course, this just means that you fit right in with the rest of this pile of by-and-large uninteresting bullshit known as Sonic Youth Gossip. Your mommy and daddy bought you some hiking gear. Big deal, you'll get no cred from me for the behavior you thought would give you some.

I used to go to the mountains a lot and stay up to a few days. Now, I live in the mountains, where I always wanted to, but I admittedly don't go as often as I should.

Just wondering, but how is it that you live in San Fran, kind bud central, and don't smoke or know how to get good buds?

Whatever. These are rhetorical questions.

Darn it, you must have no life. Sorry to rub a sore wound. Know this and know it well: Throughout history, social interaction has been predicated on sex and drugs. Rock 'n' Roll and other shit came later. I mean, if you are still living with your parents then you probably have their corn cob stuck up your ass, and if you have moved out, then it's probable that they still control your behaviors a great deal. After all, you live in "san franSISSYco" and you're quite likely a rich, spoiled brat who's smart enough to yearn for a real life, but dumb enough to think you'll get it half-assed.

Old 06.14.2007, 12:22 AM   #77
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
And I suppose that it was by no merit that I tested on the Stanford-Binet at 141, was valedictorian of my high school, appointed to the U.S. Naval Academy, and on the President's List throughout college. It would take more than one post to properly document all of my awards and achievements, academic and otherwise. But, hey, I don't have a life, remember?

yes, did you graduate from college? and what happened afterwards? did smoking pot and watching the simpsons become more important to you than anything else?

---

children: this is the cautionary tale of atari 2600. or-- the turtle and the hare. he who started with so much-- ended up with... what??? all his glorious moments happened 20 years ago. and now? he's the angry old man of the internet, setting himself up to "compete" with 16 year-olds, while he withers away in solitude and despair.

let this be a lesson to you. drug abuse will fuck you up.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2007, 12:34 AM   #78
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Whatever. I leave this forum completely at times for a couple of days and, sometimes for up to a couple of weeks at a stretch and it's been that way ever since this new forum started.

You do not, !@#$%!.

You, if you're planning to go somewhere and you're gonna be off for awhile, let everyone know about it. You document every dumb record or whatever you buy and every little thing you do...what you eat, where you go, all that asinine shit. You play the game, participate in all the dumb threads and jackoffery and you fucking love it.

I feel compelled to do none of these things on such a regimented, regular basis.

Of course, you won't answer this damning indictment which is a valid rebuttal to your typical bullshit.

What is it with you (and so many others) and your childish fascination with the lie? Excuse me, but I'm just wondering (& hence, I'm fishing) how borderline of a personality you are with all the shape-shifting.

Then again, I don't feel I belong here, so yeah, I'm partly to blame for just being me. Which is sad, since I'm obviously without a doubt one of the band's biggest fans.

As such, I've never been able to quite shake the outrage I've felt that the forum has always more-or-less sucked. It's unfortunate that even a Sonic Youth messageboard is so overrun with nincompoops that offer so precious little stimulation. I realize this one is better than many boards, but it's so awful here that there is a definite tendency I've observed whereby if something intellectually stimulating does perchance start to organically occur, then it doesn't take very long for some impious, miscreant doofus to come in and muck up everything. But I just tell myself, "that's life," and try to remind myself that life cannot conform to my expectations, i.e., people will always be, by-and-large, lame. I try to deal with it, and usually do, but when someone gets confrontational because I was too acerbic with my truth-telling, and maybe just a degree too wittingly abrasive at times, it just sets me off. I am, after all, human.

Old 06.14.2007, 12:47 AM   #79
pbradley
invito al cielo

Ha ha, I pay my on rent/utilities/etc. I have a day job. Unlike you, apparently. And don't think that I'm rich, it's only an apartment shared with three others in the Richmond district. My parents live in a one story house in Santa Ana, not rich just middle class. Really, you just proved your ignorance in thinking that if one lives in San Francisco then that person is rich. Like any city, we have a middle and lower class. But thanks for the assumptions and base attacks.

I think it's hilarious that that post went from two paragraphs the first time I saw it to all that now. You really love talking about yourself. Seriously, I'd bet everything you just said about yourself is absolute bullshit. If it is true, that's even worse because after all that you're still flaunting yourself off to someone that doesn't care all that much on an internet forum. I can't tell which is more pathetic.

And, yes, I recreationally smoke pot once in a while (once every two weeks, I suppose) and know where to get it (actually, one of my roommates is trying to grow some in one of our closets). Fortunately, I don't think I've smoked myself into the neurosis that you call home.

Shit, and I told myself that I gave up on this shit. Oh well, have fun being boorish, self-claiming overachiever that "sticks it to the richies" on an internet forum.
Old 06.14.2007, 12:56 AM   #80
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I stated that a lot of it was conjecture. Seems you're choosing to ignore that.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth