Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I might as well be illiterate...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2008, 11:43 AM   #61
ChocolateJesus
bad moon rising

ChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's assesChocolateJesus kicks all y'all's asses
the flesh covers the bone
and they put a mind
in there and
sometimes a soul,
and the women break
vases against the walls
and the men drink too
much
and nobody finds the
one
but keep
looking
crawling in and out
of beds.
flesh covers
the bone and the
flesh searches
for more than
flesh.

there's no chance
at all:
we are all trapped
by a singular
fate.

nobody ever finds
the one.

the city dumps fill
the junkyards fill
the madhouses fill
the hospitals fill
the graveyards fill

nothing else
fills.

Alone With Everybody - Bukowski.
ChocolateJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 12:31 PM   #62
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
...because I know nothing about books. Every now and then I get lucky and find something good, but usually any book I find is so boring that I can't even finish it. I have good taste, I just don't know where to look. It's like going to Chicago and ordering Papa John's cause you don't know the numbers for any good pizza place. But I tried a little harder than usual this time and I picked these up at the library:

The Unbinding - Walter Kirn
Tough Luck - Jason Starr
Tropic of Cancer - Henry Miller
Post Office - Charles Bukowski

Good choices? I don't know; the last two I picked because I've heard good things about the authors, the first one because it was written by the same author as thumbsucker, and Touch Luck? Just picked it up, I have no clue about it. I hope though that if I just keep following the trail of good books (assuming I am close) I'll get more and more refined in my reading choices.

Charles Bukowski is similar to Salinger, except everything is a lot more violent and sexual. I just read Ham on Rye, really good book.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 04:01 PM   #63
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Just finished "Post Office." It had it's ups and downs, but mostly ups, it was pretty good. I was going to read "Tough Luck" by Jason Starr next, but I may end up skipping it all together. I think I am going to start in on "Tropic of Cancer." I'm glad I took off sick at lunch today.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 04:17 PM   #64
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ham on rye is excellent and harsh the whole way through.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth