People genuinely see something, but it's not 'ghosts' 6 15.00%
Dunno 7 17.50%
Sounds like bobbins, but who can tell? 1 2.50%
Ghosts? Bollocks, more like 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.06.2006, 12:16 AM   #61
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Sweet
Old 06.06.2006, 01:22 AM   #62
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling
Please tell us of your scientific research into the manifestations of unconscious contents. Be sure to provide enough proof to satisfy The Insatiable Randi as well as why your explanation is less hokey than that of 'ghosts are souls that refuse to move on because they have an axe to grind'

You're a jackass piss-ant.

Sorry, disgruntled one, but it's not my theory. It's the accepted truth among most highly intelligent people. You are the arrogant one that thinks your half-truth has any creedence. I'm trying to offer you a free education. If you sit back & absorb the information, then you might just learn something; that's how I arrived at whatever knowledge I have: by realizing I know nothing & weighing everything. It's a perpetual process.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 03:00 AM   #63
stirling
bad moon rising

stirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's assesstirling kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry to post your PM, but your box is full and I have to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Trolling?
whatever
i'm a writer
i think of things that my clarify what i write & i edit
i'm not subtracting anything as you can plainly see
your lie shows that you are more akin to the troll ilk
suck it up & just admit that you learn a lot from me & stop being an asshole trying to get my goat.

I'm not sure what lie you're talking about.
I normally have respect for you, but there's nothing to suck up and admit. I haven't learned anything from you. The fact that you're so insistent that I have something to learn from you is the most egregious display of arrogance I've encountered. Your posts were filled with condescension and insults without logically addressing the topic, and that's typical behavior of a troll. As for the negative "you'll never know anything" rep - that just further proves my point about your arrogance.

But, never mind. It's not my intention to further offend you. I'm not just being an asshole to try to 'get your goat'. I was merely standing up for myself from your barrage of belittling insults - something I rarely bother to do on a message board, as it's not worth the effort and I have little ego to defend.

Anyway, let's just move on.
stirling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 04:19 AM   #64
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
& that's why I wrote this in my first post, Hip Priest:
That makes the ghost real in that sense, because it is a manifestation of unconscious contents that we do not experience in our normal conscious waking state.
But in the sense of hollywood ghosts, no, that shit is not real. anyone who insists that ghosts are real is either ...

& that's why I voted
People genuinely see something, but it's not 'ghosts'

don't start some my side against your side bullshit with me because you're only inventing an argument where none exists.

People love to do that shit here. & regrettably, I usually get sucked down to their LEVEL.

Lies aren't interesting to me. Most paranormal shit is pure lies.
I like art & science a good deal more, excuse me.

The unconscious mind & the manifestations thereof are interesting to me. So much so, that I know a tremendous amount about the subject & can articulate my thoughts accordingly.

Can you understand that or would you like to keep this shit going?

While you have made a good point about the whole thing(i agree that people see paranormal things where there are simply optical illusions and mind induced visions),i think you should really get a fucking grip about this continious battering of the kids,young people and the like.For fuck's sake Atari 2600 the era of The Beatles and blah blah has gone ages ago.You have very poor knowledge of quite a few types of music but it seems that doesn't stop you from self-proclaiming yourself as the last warrior of some sort of 'rock classicism revival'.It might seem a very interesting thing to you but the reality is something different alltogether.And besides,there are truckloads of ingenious and articulate people in this world.You are simply ONE of them.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 05:32 AM   #65
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
While you have made a good point about the whole thing(i agree that people see paranormal things where there are simply optical illusions and mind induced visions),i think you should really get a fucking grip about this continious battering of the kids,young people and the like.For fuck's sake Atari 2600 the era of The Beatles and blah blah is gone ages ago.You have very poor knowledge of quite a few types of music but it seems that doesn't stop you from self-proclaiming yourself as the last warrior of some sort of 'rock classicism revival'.It might seem a very interesting thing to you but the reality is something different alltogether.And besides,there are truckloads of ingenious and articulate people in this world.You are simply ONE of them.

surely some degree of ingenuity would be necessary on atari's part if he wanted to join their ranks though?

anyway, if anyone cares, it's because of atari's attitude , as displayed in this thread (and the little shit has the nerve to call me an elitist), not what he said about my opinion of rather ripped that motivates my irritation with him.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 05:43 AM   #66
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Did you have to do all this monsterous nonsense to a Hip Priest thread? Hang your heads in shame, fictional internet people.

Although it has been interesting to see lots of people float around in a sea of inconsistent metaphysics (on both sides) and lots of people using the dreaded ad hominem to somehow garner 'weight' for their arguments.

Atari: Again, as has been said before, the appeal to science, to the rigorous exploration of emprical techniques, has a great deal of value, and has no doubt showed up a great deal of fallacies and inconsistencies in various debates. Please stop appealing to 'lies' as this only seems to appeal to the sort of Universal truths you reject in religion. The scientific universal truth is already fallacious, but the localised truth of science is fine. And your argument loses an awful lot because of the ad hominem; in fact, it would seem it undermines your appeals of being more 'intelligent' and 'well-observed'. If I have to explain that I will be very surprised indeed.

I regret this post already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 09:43 AM   #67
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
I think God has little to do with most purported 'spiritual' events that occur in the world now.

Dude, Jesus was on my tortilla. It was god talking to me, I know it.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 09:45 AM   #68
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Just believe.
Old 06.06.2006, 10:26 AM   #69
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know, maybe
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 12:49 PM   #70
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
for two years i lived alone in a dilapidated basement dorm room that used to be a laboratory for a mental hospital.

did the place have its share of stories? naturally.

did i ever experience anything out of the ordinary? not once.

so do i believe in ghosts? hell no.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 12:52 PM   #71
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
for two years i lived alone in a dilapidated basement dorm room that used to be a laboratory for a mental hospital.

did the place have its share of stories? naturally.

did i ever experience anything out of the ordinary? not once.

so do i believe in ghosts? hell no.

Your reason for not believing in ghosts is that you lived in a creepy place for 2 years and never saw one?
Old 06.06.2006, 12:52 PM   #72
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
qprogeny: Did anyone else ever claim to experience anything while you were there? If so, were they the kind to believe in things to begin with?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 01:05 PM   #73
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
sjind: no, that's only part of it. it's just an affirmation of what is already manifest. as an epistemological rule, we can't affirm the existence of anything for which we have no objective evidence. all reports of "ghosts" up to this point fallaciously take one (not very good) explanation for their experience of a phenomenon to constitute the ONLY possible explanation for that experience. until concrete, scientifically verifiable evidence exists to refute any alternative explanation (aberrent psychological states among those who have such experiences, carefully calculated hoaxes, other material causes such as light waves, some combination of these, etc.), we have no reason to believe such an outlandish claim.

hip priest: i heard some things once or twice -- predictably nothing specific, so i don't remember precisely what. i vaguely remember a planned "ghost tour" of the basement one halloween, but i think i went home that day, not because i thought i would see ghosts (i didn't), but because i like to give out candy to the little tykes and my dorm offered no such opportunities.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 01:10 PM   #74
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
All buildings have their own noises created by wind or plumbing - there's always going to be a tendency to interpret such noises differently in a building that has a 'history'. But I wonder...

Old 06.06.2006, 01:12 PM   #75
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

I should add that the episode I hinted at earlier - the 'ghost sighting' when I was 10 - was in a place in my middle school that was supposed to have a ghost. I had gone to the room (a science lab on the top floor) on my own on an errand and was probably a bit nervous anyway - I was certainly aware of the stories! THere were some noises from the adjoining lab, and I thought I saw a ghost at the door between the two rooms. I'm more than aware of the sub/unconscious possibilities, don't worry...

Old 06.06.2006, 01:13 PM   #76
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Did you have to do all this monsterous nonsense to a Hip Priest thread? Hang your heads in shame, fictional internet people.
Au contraire. It is you who are the fictional internet people. I know your games.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 04:52 PM   #77
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Au contraire. It is you who are the fictional internet people. I know your games.

Shut up. You're my imaginary person. If you persist in being troublesome 'Lloyd' (if, indeed, that is your real fictional name) I shall merely erase you from my memory. HA! Take that you fictional bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 04:57 PM   #78
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glice again.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth