Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page My very first arrest
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.07.2006, 01:10 PM   #101
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Where I live is the exact opposite of that town in Illinois Gmku...thats interesting.....maybe it will climax and then decipate into a hub for wal-martesque stores....

It hasn't got far to go. May be already there. The downtown was DEAD. All chain stores, except for that one comic book store and a tatoo parlor. Even the bars were chains. Dreary. I went into the downtown Starbucks on a Saturday morning and I was the only customer.

I was so glad to get home to my fairly thriving downtown campus area with its cute little coffee shops and book stores and record stores.
Old 08.07.2006, 01:13 PM   #102
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
My town is home of: Hair Police, Warmer Milks, Eyes And Arms Of Smoke and some other psyche-noise-indie goodies.....I'm wondering if all will be forgotten in a few more years...the cycle must complete itself.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 01:29 PM   #103
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I've never been arrested. Am I missing out?

I've paid a few parking tickets, been picked up for speeding a couple times, but nothing else.

Do I lose cred around here for being a goody two-shoes?

i think it only proves that you're smarter than the rest of us

you obviously got away
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 01:30 PM   #104
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
My town is home of: Hair Police, Warmer Milks, Eyes And Arms Of Smoke, Apples In Stereo and some other psyche-noise-indie goodies.....I'm wondering if all will be forgotten in a few mopre years...the cycle must complete itself.
Apples in Stereo

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 01:30 PM   #105
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
You're obviously not gay.

Old 08.07.2006, 02:29 PM   #106
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think it only proves that you're smarter than the rest of us

you obviously got away

yep. I'm not saying I've never done the crime.
Old 08.07.2006, 03:34 PM   #107
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Since I'm on this kick anyhow -

I can't identify with Rastas, either. Grow some dreads, smoke some dope, pray to Jah every night you'll wake up less white, and you think you and your magic bong are going to unite the world's people in spiritual harmony.

I'm happy for you.

I have no objection to self-importance. When it comes to opinion, self-importance is integral. MY opinion affects MY behavior. I'm the most important fucking person in the world, in that respect. When such divisive issues like abortion and religion exist in society, there is no universal harmony, Scooter.

However, on the other hand, I personally think my credo is more conducive to harmony than most. While I choose to uphold and abide by my own personal standards of morality and behavior, I make a point of not imposing those upon other people. Despite being a misanthrope (or perhaps because of?), I can live in perfect harmony with others, as long as they mind their own goddamned business as well.

The construction of a prinicipled utopia begins at the core. If you don't have a solid personal foundation, if you have nothing you personally stand for, then your efforts in any other direction will be wasted. What you see as tolerance, promotion of harmony, and open-mindedness, I see as spinelessness, ignorance, and/or indifference. If you can't take a stance, you will forever tread on infirm ground.

Living for yourself is the only reason people translate into an existence of death to begin with. We within Orthodox Christianity have our Orthodox Creed, which we chant to elevate the Higher above We, the lower and inferior. We have our convictions, our beliefs, our opinions, a 'solid personal foundation', and chief amongst them is the idea that We ourselves are inferior to God Almighty, and that all of humanity is united in this equality of inferiority. I-man don't promote tolerance, harmony, and open-mindedness. I-man promote, Truth, Equal Rights, and Justice, according to the Divine Monarchy of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I. The stance a man must take in this life, is to see himself as an inferior vessel to the superior. The problem with those pro-lifer protestors? They were making themselves self-important. They were not serving Our God, they were serving their own interest, trying to make ammends for their own misbehaviors. That is not the works of Faith. It is as I said, the more important you think you are, the less important you actually become, in all things.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 04:03 AM   #108
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Haile Selassie I had no role in organising or promoting the Rastafari movement which for many Rastas is seen as proof of his divinity in that he was no false prophet claiming to be God. He was a devout member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, as demanded by his political role in Ethiopia. His publicly known views towards the Rastafarians varied from sympathy to polite interest.
He made an attempt at fighting back the Italian invaders personally, which I can respect, but his wealth and possession of countless Rolls Royces makes me doubt his credibility.
Old 08.08.2006, 04:07 AM   #109
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Rastafarians are generally like cancer of the brain,i'm afraid.A pile of bullshit.

Old 08.08.2006, 04:12 AM   #110
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
A species on the verge of extinction. No offence SuchFriendsAreDangerous.
Old 08.08.2006, 04:15 AM   #111
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Thankfully.

Old 08.08.2006, 04:22 AM   #112
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I enjoyed this film though.
Real rasta's from Jamaica do drink beer with their weed. LOTS of it!
Old 08.08.2006, 04:19 PM   #113
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Haile Selassie I had no role in organising or promoting the Rastafari movement which for many Rastas is seen as proof of his divinity in that he was no false prophet claiming to be God. He was a devout member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, as demanded by his political role in Ethiopia. His publicly known views towards the Rastafarians varied from sympathy to polite interest.
He made an attempt at fighting back the Italian invaders personally, which I can respect, but his wealth and possession of countless Rolls Royces makes me doubt his credibility.

That is simply not true. During the exhile in the UK, His Imperial Majesty met with several representives of the early Rastafari orgs, like The Nybinghi Theocratic Order, to which Haile Selassie I is personally the Head of. Elders of Rastafari were often in personal contact with the Emperor, and with His closest advisors. Further, His Imperial Majesty came to Jamaica on April 26, 1966, under the personal Invitation of the Nyabinghi Theocratic Order. The Elder Mortimo Planno was on the plane with His Majesty, and directly encouraged His Majesty to come off the plane, and is seen on video coming out just before HIM. HIM then had three press conferences where he spoke with Rastafari Elders and with Jamaican politicians. HIM then began negotiations with The Ethiopian World Federation, and gave the org 500 acres of HIM PERSONAL land in Shamanane, Ethiopia, for the repatriation of Rastafarians of the diaspora in the West Indies. Upon further development, HIM was to provide more land for any repatriating Africans of the Western Diaspora, all of this because of HIM personal connections with the Rastafari Movement.

In 1970, HIM ordained the first Archbishop of the Western Hemisphere, His Holiness the Abbuna Abba Yesheq. There were no Ethiopian Orthodox Churches in the West, and Abba Yesheq founded all of the first Ethiopian Tewahedo Orthodox Churches there in Jamaica, and Trinidad, and through out the islands, to serve the Rastafarian Community. Http://www.abbayesheq.org

His Holiness is said to have baptised some 45,000 Rastafarians of the Diaspora into the Orthodox Faith, all under the personal order and supervision of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I.

His Imperial Highness, the Crown Prince, Regent and Heir Apparant, Zara Yacob Asfa Wossen Haile Selassie, is functioning member of the largest Rastafarian org The Twelve Tribes of Israel, and founded the Ethiopian Peace Foundation to centralize Rastafarians towards to aims of Ethiopia.

Rastafari Movement from its beginning, has been connected with the Royal House of David of Ethiopia, and I personally serve His Imperial Highness Zere Yacob Asfa Wossen Haile Selassie. So it is not true, to say, that Rastafari had nothing to do with His own movement.

Selama Nna Wadada

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth