Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Obama: BRB, White House
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.06.2008, 11:11 AM   #121
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
r-r-r-r-radical r-r-r-r-rage!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 11:18 AM   #122
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
you call people names and then prefer not to be thought of as one of those people? silly.

call me an angry motherfucker if you want, call me something else that matches my behavior, but i don't fall into the same lot as the apathetic, the cynical, and the professionally jaded i'm supposedly "calling names" in my post.

other kinds of names are reserved for me--and if the shoe fits, i'll wear it. but it's apples vs. oranges.

--

ps- i see flotzers calling it out correctly on the rage-- fuck yeah-- i have a short temper, and i'm not hiding that fact.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 11:24 AM   #123
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
We must make sure the Mossad have direct access to the president!
He's one of the least pushover Democrats around.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 11:57 AM   #124
sarramkrop

anyway, just because people don't share your political views it doesn't mean that they are suffering from any of the stuff you've listed. be a man and accept that.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:20 PM   #125
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you call people names and then prefer not to be thought of as one of those people? silly.

Sarram, I perceive that you were replying because you thought you had this great superior point to make us aware of, but it comes off as just mean-spirited and well, sort of dumb.

There's a difference between outlining a particular case for those that rightly deserve to be designated as "apathetic" and simply immaturely "calling someone names." Seems to me that any sensitive, intelligent person knows that qualitative difference inherently.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:36 PM   #126
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Sarram, I perceive that you were replying because you thought you had this great superior point to make us aware of, but it comes off as just mean-spirited and well, sort of dumb.

There's a difference between outlining a particular case for those that rightly deserve to be designated as "apathetic" and simply immaturely "calling someone names." Seems to me that any sensitive, intelligent person knows that qualitative difference inherently.

You're calling people names, therefore you fall into the category marked 'idiots'.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:39 PM   #127
sarramkrop

Seems to me that any sensitive, intelligent person knows that qualitative difference inherently.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:44 PM   #128
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
anyway, just because people don't share your political views it doesn't mean that they are suffering from any of the stuff you've listed. be a man and accept that.

my accepting or rejecting an argument is not a matter of "manhood" but of it being a convincing argument, you pumpkinhead. be a man and accept that the burden of proof is on you.

i stand by my condemnation and contempt of cynics. with those who disagree passionately it's another story-- i may think suchfriends is a bit of a loon, but i don't think he's apathetic. he assumed i was speaking to him, i just didn't bother to reply. maybe i should.

anyway, regardless of political preferences, this is a historic victory, for various reasons.

1) it's a strong rejection of george bush and his neocon allies who have caused so much pain and suffering around the world. whether you are a neocon or not, this fucking preemptive war doctrine is effectively OVER.

2) for a country that had racial segregation 40 years ago to elect a black man is a huge step. maybe you don't sympathize with this, but just imagine what it's going to be the day we elect our first openly gay president. proposition 8 may have won today, but it will not stand against history. we make progress.

3) there is a new activist core in this country that has developed in this campaign that will simply not go away. a lot of people have become involved in civic life. watch in months to come.

--

now you can argue from a marxist point of view that this democracy is simply an instrument of the bourgeoisie and that obama is a capitalist and blah blah blah-- fine. give it a try. convince us.

for maoists-- this election would be a setback-- maoists want to quicken the revolution by exacerbating the contradictions of society and would have LOVED a third bush term. but fuck maoists and their fanatic disease.

in any case, you're stuck with gordon brown-- gordon brown! and a monarchy for fuck's sakes. go organize the masses in your adoptive country and i'll do the same here.
Old 11.06.2008, 12:52 PM   #129
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

this.

I guess you can consider me a vote for Obama, because I didn't vote for McCain.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:59 PM   #130
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
my accepting or rejecting an argument is not a matter of "manhood" but of it being a convincing argument, you pumpkinhead. be a man and accept that the burden of proof is on you.

i stand by my condemnation and contempt of cynics. with those who disagree passionately it's another story-- i may think suchfriends is a bit of a loon, but i don't think he's apathetic. he assumed i was speaking to him, i just didn't bother to reply. maybe i should.

anyway, regardless of political preferences, this is a historic victory, for various reasons.

1) it's a strong rejection of george bush and his neocon allies who have caused so much pain and suffering around the world. whether you are a neocon or not, this fucking preemptive war doctrine is effectively OVER.

2) for a country that had racial segregation 40 years ago to elect a black man is a huge step. maybe you don't sympathize with this, but just imagine what it's going to be the day we elect our first openly gay president. proposition 8 may have won today, but it will not stand against history. we make progress.

3) what some people are failing to understand is that there is a new activist core that has developed in this campaign that will simply not go away. watch in months to come.

--

now you can argue from a marxist point of view that this democracy is simply an instrument of the bourgeoisie and that obama is a capitalist and blah blah blah-- fine. give it a try. convince us..

in any case, you're stuck with gordon brown-- gordon brown! and a monarchy for fuck's sakes. go organize the masses in your adoptive country and i'll do the same here.

For your information I do partecipate in political activity but never advertise it on the internet 'cause it's seen as lame and, erm, apathetic. That's all you're getting.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 12:59 PM   #131
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
what did you win exactly? you'll all find out soon enough...

i sure hope so. i wanna stay involved. i'm looking forward to universal health care.

Quote:
you did all this bullshit for Barack Obama and you have the nerve to call us tools? nonsense!

"us"? i didnt include you in that. i answered you separately in the pot-haze post.

Quote:
Being dissident to the mainstream media, not supporting Barack Obama does not equate with apathy, it just is not in support of what you like. sorry, people have the inherit think what they feel, but the difference is reality is not subjective to the thoughts of men.

i didn't say you were apathetic-- you're far from apathetic. crazy? perhaps. but apathetic, no.

Quote:
and death-lovers? Check the program of who you support, Barack Obama said three weeks ago that the first thing to do on his first day of office is to send two battalions to Afghanistan. He then reiterated how we are slacking our war effort in that country for Iraq.

well, the taliban was harboring bin laden and they refused to turn him over. bush was supposed to get him and botched the job. bin laden is still hiding under the taliban's reemergence. take that fucker and his organization out.

Quote:
some fucking peace candidate... just like Kerry, them say stop a war in one place only to fight another war somewhere else....

there's wars and there's wars.
Old 11.06.2008, 01:02 PM   #132
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
That's all you're getting.

it's more than i asked for!

anyway, best wishes with that.
Old 11.06.2008, 02:17 PM   #133
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
He's one of the least pushover Democrats around.

it's a done deal.

about the mossad accusations-- that he was "mega", etc-- they are a bit scary. the dad was after all a member of irgun, which was a terrorist organization...

but in this country, everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

something that is cool and bizarre (i didn't know this) is that he was the inspiration for the character of josh lyman in the west wing-- or so i've read.

in any case, i hope he gets to push obama's legislative agenda while resisting pressure from "congressional barons". if we let this be a free for all it's going to be jimmy carter all over again.
Old 11.06.2008, 02:48 PM   #134
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
"According to Democratic candidates who ran for House of Representative seats in 2006, Rahm Emanuel, then head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, took sides during the Democratic primary elections, favoring conservative candidates, including former Republicans, and sidelining candidates who were running in favor of withdrawal from Iraq."
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 02:51 PM   #135
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Oh no, Obama is bringing in people with differing political opinions like he said he would.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 02:57 PM   #136
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Oh no, Obama is bringing in people with differing political opinions like he said he would.

the horror! (ha ha).

dick lugar & colin powell seem to be heading for the cabinet too. hurray on giving colon a chance to redeem himself after being used as cheney's patsy.
Old 11.06.2008, 02:58 PM   #137
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
For your information I do partecipate in political activity but never advertise it on the internet 'cause it's seen as lame and, erm, apathetic. That's all you're getting.

For public information: I used to be part of Sarramkrop's British Unilateral Marxist party, but was thrown out for dressing up like Amy Winehouse, and quoting from the book of Ron Jeremy. That, and also trying to put my hand down his trousers.
Old 11.06.2008, 02:58 PM   #138
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
congrats on turning nm blue o'symbol one.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2008, 03:00 PM   #139
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
congrats on turning nm blue o'symbol one.

thanks man, it was fucking awesome to be a part of this
Old 11.06.2008, 03:02 PM   #140
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
For public information: I used to be part of Sarramkrop's British Unilateral Marxist party, but was thrown out for dressing up like Amy Winehouse, and quoting from the book of Ron Jeremy. That, and also trying to put my hand down his trousers.

they didn't imprison you as a social deviant and send you to be reeducated in a gulag?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth