Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page fascism
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2010, 02:43 PM   #1
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I Keep seeing this word again and again on this board. Anyone wanna weigh in on this?
Old 02.13.2010, 02:46 PM   #2
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
genteel death.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2010, 03:14 PM   #3
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It could be said (in fact it has) that much of Europe's intellectual direction since WWII has been an attempt to fully understand (ultimately in order to eradicate) the idea of fascism, both as a political structure and as a mental condition and most interestingly try and understand why so many people feel so drawn to its power. In a way, the fact that people use the word so openingly and in so many contexts only demonstrates the various ways in which it can exist within a (non-fascist) society.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2010, 05:07 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
facism is an intentional misspelling fascism, though since the word is not English there is truly no standard English spelling, because in the academic world you find both spellings used interchangeably.

fascism is an extreme rightist, conservative, authoritarianism with a distinctive essence of patriotic nationalism. It is a fairly common reaction to the surge in nationalism in post-19th century Europe considering the authoritarian history of European government.
As to if there is some other meaning behind the intentional misspelling other than it being a coincidence I do not know, maybe some sonic veteranos can explain this, I am from the post-ATL era.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2010, 08:53 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
facism is an intentional misspelling fascism, though since the word is not English there is truly no standard English spelling, because in the academic world you find both spellings used interchangeably.

No you don't. Ever. I have never seen the word 'fascism' spelt 'facism' in any serious paper, journal or book. In fact, my American word-checker says that facism isn't a word.

EDIT: let me clarify that - if English borrows a word (which we have done, since before WWII), that doesn't immediately mean that a standardised spelling doesn't appear. English is built upon borrowed words, and we tend to standardise the spellings thereof. 'Standardise' and 'standardize' are examples of words with the same definitions and alternate spellings; 'facism' and 'fascism' are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 06:58 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
No you don't. Ever. I have never seen the word 'fascism' spelt 'facism' in any serious paper, journal or book. In fact, my American word-checker says that facism isn't a word.

EDIT: let me clarify that - if English borrows a word (which we have done, since before WWII), that doesn't immediately mean that a standardised spelling doesn't appear. English is built upon borrowed words, and we tend to standardise the spellings thereof. 'Standardise' and 'standardize' are examples of words with the same definitions and alternate spellings; 'facism' and 'fascism' are not.

bullocks!

Philosopher of Facism Giovanni Gentle

Definition-Facism from US Legal Definitions.com

in fact, just google search "Facism" and click "Scholar" option and a list of dozens and dozens of scholarly articles come up..

The neo-facist State: notes on the pathology of power in the Third …

A EQBAL - Arab Studies Quarterly, 1981 - Spring
Commemorate the Victory Over German Facism! Carry the Struggle …

L Ruiqing - Peking Review
Verstehen, Holism and Facism

D Cooper - ROYAL INSTITUTE OF …, 1996 - CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS

Psychoanalysis and facism: two incompatible approaches. The difficult role of …

AM Accerboni - Rev Int Hist Psychanal, 1988 - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

aside from the fact that when I was doing my senior thesis on the Italian invasion of Ethiopia, I came across that particular spelling in at least six different primary sources from the 1930s..

try not to sound so authoritative in the future when you are not as well informed as you believed : )

Old 02.14.2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
Quote:
bullocks!

Philosopher of Facism Giovanni Gentle

Definition-Facism from US Legal Definitions.com

in fact, just google search "Facism" and click "Scholar" option and a list of dozens and dozens of scholarly articles come up..

aside from the fact that when I was doing my senior thesis on the Italian invasion of Ethiopia, I came across that particular spelling in at least six different primary sources from the 1930s..

try not to sound so authoritative in the future when you are not as well informed as you believed : )
It is a mistake to believe that it is possible to substitute "provisionally" the absolute power of a Central Committee (acting somehow by "tacit delegation") for the yet unrealizable rule of the majority of conscious workers in the party, and in this way replace the open control of the working masses over the party organs with the reverse control by the Central Committee over the revolutionary proletariat.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 09:00 PM   #8
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
What really matters is who has got the biggest penis : A.god or Suchfriends?
Old 02.14.2010, 09:21 PM   #9
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
i learned fascism in high school. the librarian showed me a fascist logo in the dictionary. it was a bundle of reeds bound together. that is supposed to say fascism. so, free reeds, i say.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 10:51 PM   #10
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
dun
dun dun
[skreeeeeeeeeee]
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2010, 10:54 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikangod
Also, I hate that you did your senior thesis on the Italian invasion of Etheopia. I mean, it's obvious, but I still hate it.

And before you get in an uproar defending your step-motherland, all "It's spelled Ethiopia my brother," I assure you that it can be spelled as 'Etheopia' as well. See:

Horror stories about Etheopia: How bad is it really? - The HUBB

I link, therefore I am.

actually its spelled

Αἰθιοπία (greek) or

(E-te-ye-pi-ye)

and I had no choice, my senior seminar was on Genocide, and the Italians perpetrated genocide and mass murder in Ethiopia during the invasion.. I had nightmares for months, all that class was was holocaust, rwanda, cambodia, and me digging in deep on the genocide in Ethiopia, a relatively understudied subject.

Quote:
I'll post mine if he posts his.

as them say on Craig's List, "No Dick Shots please."

Old 02.14.2010, 11:08 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, that displays several choices. First and foremost to take a seminar on genocide. And then, out of all of the many, many examples of genocide selecting one focused on Ethiopia.

So no comment on my post regarding the spelling of fascism?

Quote:
Quote:

remember these? oh yeah, and didn't you read when I said, "SIX primary sources I used for that project spelled it 'facism' "?

sometimes it is a typo, sometimes it is just the way it has been spelled..

Old 02.14.2010, 11:31 PM   #13
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
facism is an unintentional misspelling when I miss the "s" key and hit send on my iphone, though since the word is used replying to some cunt, there is truly no reason to go back and edit, because this is not the academic world and the cunts get what I mean.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 02:13 AM   #14
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
It doesn't get any better, as far as threads go, than debating the correct spelling of fascism with posts peppered with threats of showing one's cock in public to prove a point. I am a happy man.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 02:41 AM   #15
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I'd argue that the Stalinist Soviet Union was fascist as well. I think of poltics more in terms of a sphere than a compass. Once you get so extreme, no matter your reasoning for it, it all boils down to the same thing- the "elite" who know how everything should be done controlling the weak.

The fascists saw themselves as being very different from the communists, but they weren't.

Government controlled economy, party members being rewarded with the riches, horrible cruelty to mankind, lack of freedom. . . etc.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 03:27 AM   #16
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I'd argue that the Stalinist Soviet Union was fascist as well.
I don't think there are many who would disagree with you there.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 05:01 AM   #17
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I did, I just didn't realize you wanted me to point out your errors even further when about ten seconds of fact checking could have saved you that embarrassment. See below:

1) A EQBAL - Arab Studies Quarterly, 1981 - Spring

-Well, if you Google this:
http://openlibrary.org/b/OL16601666M/Commemorate_the_victory_over_German_fascism!_Carry _the_struggle_against_U.S._imperialism_through_to_ the_end!

You find a link with the title, except this time fascism is spelled correctly. You also see a picture of the cover of the publication, once more with the CORRECT SPELLING OF FASCISM. On the cover. Again. Or if you want to argue that this is a generated cover (as a few more seconds of looking at it reveals) you'll notice that everywhere else this publication is cited on the internet, fascism is spelled correctly.

2) L Ruiqing - Peking Review

-
Oh look, a quick google search shows another link with the actual publication scanned in, and fascism is spelled correctly here too.

3) Psychoanalysis and facism: two incompatible approaches. The difficult role of …

-After the first misspelling it's spelled correctly everywhere else.

You seem to like to offer up ridiculous amounts of evidence for everything even when it's blatantly wrong. So until you provide me with actual evidence that anyone ever intentionally misspells fascism as 'facism' for a desired effect, I think we can call the matter resolved.

Also, please stop trying to missrepresent Sonic Youth:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/111/2...923dab.jpg?v=0

This is hilarious.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 12:20 PM   #18
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I Keep seeing this word again and again on this board. Anyone wanna weigh in on this?
demagogy.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 02:10 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
[/font]

Shall I wait before I get it sanctioned from someone else before I sound authoritative next time?

Also, you owe this board one picture of your cock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2010, 02:20 PM   #20
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Shall I wait before I get it sanctioned from someone else before I sound authoritative next time?

Also, you owe this board one picture of your cock.

You just want to compare it to yours.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth