View Poll Results: ...
City 19 65.52%
Suburbs 3 10.34%
Country 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.12.2009, 08:07 AM   #1
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Not necessarily where you live now but where you feel most at home or aspire to live. Up till recently i was solidly in the city camp and I don't know if this is because I'm now utterly sick and tired of London but I've recently been appreciating the space and quiet of the countryside more and more. My favourite places to visit are still definitely cities but I'm not sure that I feel particularly comfortable living in them anymore. So are you a city, suburb or country person?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 08:20 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I voted suburbs, although Oklahoma City might be able to qualify for all three choices.

as a general rule for me, the cities have too many people and the country has too few.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 08:28 AM   #3
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
country ( i hate crowds )

chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 08:31 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Code:
City 1 33.33% Suburbs 1 33.33% Country 1 33.33%

fuck! where is the remaining .01% of the votes?

city?
suburbs?
country?
Old 06.12.2009, 08:33 AM   #5
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Although I appreciate the country a lot more now, there's still something about cities (or at least certain cities) that I find attractive. I was brought up in suburbs, so have lesser love for those.
Old 06.12.2009, 08:34 AM   #6
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
ooohh! the ex-weird monkey is here...i agree let the blood run.
Old 06.12.2009, 08:35 AM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

^^^ I took that part out.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Old 06.12.2009, 08:43 AM   #8
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

lover with whip?
Old 06.12.2009, 08:48 AM   #9
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
City, although I have never lived in a big city. I just appreciate the fact that I don't have to take the bus to get anywhere.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 08:51 AM   #10
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Although I appreciate the country a lot more now, there's still something about cities (or at least certain cities) that I find attractive. I was brought up in suburbs, so have lesser love for those.

Yeah, i don't think I could really deal with the suburbs. In their own different ways both the country and the city offer a kind of anonymity that i don't think you get so much in the suburbs.

I dunno, London is a very extreme city and maybe my rejection of it has tainted my view of other potentially more (for me at least) liveable ones.
Old 06.12.2009, 09:26 AM   #11
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I prefer hanging out in the cities, because I'm not a country boy and it offers me little entertainment. Suburbs? They are suburbs, and they are all the same. Not horrible, but nothing fantastic; they are meant for purely practical living, and they serve their purpose.

All this aside though, as far as living conditions, I've lately migrated from the city mindset to the country. Around Lexington, there isn't much for the suburb aspect of it, so you can live in the country and drive to the city in 5 minutes. Country living just seems nice because you don't have to worry about bothering people or making too much noise or anything.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 09:36 AM   #12
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
I like either extreme. None of that in between stuff.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 09:48 AM   #13
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I live in teh city but not teh inner city. I'm comfortable where I am now and I wouldn't mind living in teh inner city really. Chicago is a beautiful city. I love it.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 09:57 AM   #14
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYye59dstRY

ummm, I like the city and I like the country. Ideally I wish suburbs didn't exist, so I could be closer to the city while living in the country.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 10:16 AM   #15
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
I think in the country on the outskirts of a reasonably large city is right for me.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 10:44 AM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think the thing for me is that I've known all of them. There's a quite complicated continuum from City-suburb-country for me. To the rural hamlet, I was raised in the suburbs; to the city-dweller (particularly London), I'm the backwater yokel.

There's diversity in suburbs, you see - there's a big difference between city outskirts and commuter belts. Outside Bristol, for instance, you have somewhere like Portishead, which I view as Avonmouth commuters and local industrial houses (largely 20th-century) while somewhere like Long Ashton is ex-country rarified commuter living. Further down the road - in fact, all the villages flanking the A38 - you get variable degrees of disconnection. Winscombe is suburban council house terror, Sandford is cider-drenched industrial commuters, Wrington the 'rural' idyll for people without farms, Churchill is authentic (but small) commuter suburbia, Banwell is a lapsed village community... in fact, I'm struggling to think of local areas that are authentically 'country' - the little hamlets outside Yeovil that aren't filled with Etonite hunt supporters or somewhere like Hewish/ Wick St Lawrence maybe?

Anyway. Long story short, this thread is further proof to me that Londoners very rarely have any meaningful sense of perspective on the world, with due deference to my esteemed colleague Herr Rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 10:45 AM   #17
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry, let me amend that - The perspective of a Londoner is necessarily distorted to the point of being incommensurable with that of your average Brit, with the possible exception of Brummies and Mancs.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.12.2009, 10:48 AM   #18
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Suburbs.
There I can reach the city and the country quite fast.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2009, 10:52 AM   #19
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It's the right of every Londoner to make broadsweeping statements about anything they want and for those comments to be taken as gospel. It's in the magna carta, I think.
Old 06.12.2009, 10:55 AM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's the right of every Londoner to make broadsweeping statements about anything they want and for those comments to be taken as gospel. It's in the magna carta, I think.

Could be worse, you could be doing the same thing in a Mancunian accent.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth