Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NFL Playoffs 2008
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2008, 01:27 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
All season long I have kept a running tally of th Houston texans wins and losses by drawing the logos of the opponents on the dry erase board in my area at work.
Here is the final tally. The Houston texans went 8-8 even with 17 (YES, seventeen!) starters out due to injury.

Old 01.08.2008, 01:30 PM   #22
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
I just heard the news.

Yep, he's been put out to pasture.

Again, I hope the Skins pick a wide receiver fairly high in the draft. They need a wideout sort of like Anquan Boldin for the Cardinals that played quarterback in college.
Yeah, another WR is def. in order. I think they'll take the best defensive player on the board when they draft in the first round.....hopefully it will be a beast defensive end since the Skins rarely get consistent pressure on the quarterback.

Nice board, Rob!!
Old 01.08.2008, 01:34 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
thanks! It is a bitch to draw anything with dry-erase markers.
Old 01.11.2008, 03:34 PM   #24
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Another glorious weekend of football......who ya got?

Patriots - Every time you try and get cute and pick against them, they burn ya. They're way too good on all fronts. I'll be rooting for Jacksonville for sure though.

Colts - Manning will be prepared as shit like always and Harrsion is back. Gates looks pretty doubtful. I don't see Rivers throwing on the Colts secondary for the win.....it's up to LT or their special teams to bust one or two off to pull the upset off.

Cowboys - Jessica Simpson, blah, blah, blah. Romo will be fine and TO is ready to go....TO always makes plays in big games. Eli and the Giants are hot, but I think they will loose by 10 or so. I hope the Cowboys implode, of course.

Packers - Even Josh Brown's battery powered leg warmers won't be enough to pull of this victory. Packers are better on all fronts. Lambeau will be rockin'.
Old 01.11.2008, 04:05 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Romo has his widdle bitty thumb hurt, and T.O is hobbled
The Giants won 7 road games this season. SEVEN.

The Patriots and the Jags will be a fucking WAR, and the Patriots should win, but if it is close gong into the 4th quarter the Jags will run it down the Pats' throats.

Green Bay will need to have great play from it's young team. It is not enough to have a legend QB. the playoffs are ussually about experience. The Seahawks will have to play lights out but can win in Green bay

The SuperChargers of San Diego are facing the Colts, defending champs. I say Colts win in a blowout. it does not matter if you have LT when your team is losing by 25 points and needs it's overrated QB to step up
Old 01.11.2008, 04:24 PM   #26
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The Patriots-scum will most likely win, but I'm going with the Jaguars.
The Cowboys will most likely win, but going with the Giants.
The Seahawks will most likely win, but going with the Packers.
The Colts will most likely win, but I'm, of course, going with the Chargers.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2008, 04:48 PM   #27
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
---Patriots, but I would scream if the Jags pulled the upset
---Giants over the Cowboys
---Packers, although I want them to lose badly
---Colts over Bolts
Old 01.11.2008, 05:02 PM   #28
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Manning threw a career high six interceptions last time they met the Chargers.
Of course, they were in San Diego and it was raining for most of the game.

Still, I'm counting on the Chargers to win with their defense again even though this will be in the RCA dome. It's a pity the Colts will have to lose in their final game ever played there. And poor Peyton, he's not going to be feeling so well once the Bolts D take him out of the game and the Colts have to rely on Sorgi. HOPE! HOPE! KEEP HOPE ALIVE~!
Old 01.11.2008, 06:00 PM   #29
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Packers
Cowboys
Colts
*Jaguars* upset special...I really think they can and will do it

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2008, 02:46 PM   #30
atari 2600
invito al cielo

If you watched then you already know that without the two dropped passes in the red zone that traded touchdowns for field goals, the Jaguars would have most likely won the game. The Jags somehow managed to forget who they were playing going for FGs late in the fourth quarter anyway. It was a huge mistake in judgement not to go for those on fourth down.

What the refs towards the end of the half today that robbed the Chargers of Cromartie's interception and runback is inexcusable. This season has been the worst ever for incompetent officiating.

Towards the end of the half, Manning had already gone to a receiver matched up with Cromartie covering on one throw. I thought to myself that it wasn't wise of him to do that. Then I thought, well, Manning is sort of chippy, I bet he challenges Cromartie again, and if he does, it'd be great if Cromartie runs it back for a TD.
So, as you know, this actually happens on the next play, but then notorious back judge Phil Luckett calls a non-existent holding penalty on Weddle. Dierdorf announced that he didn't see holding; the whole CBS crew at the break commented that they didn't see the holding. In short, this game could easily be 21-7 or 14-7 Chargers right now instead of 7-10 Colts. Oh, and of course Kaeding missed that field goal. He's not a good kicker, horrible in the playoffs, and why the Chargers ever got him or have held on to him is a bit of a mystery. Scifres, as you may know, is probably the best punter in the league though.

In the Pats at Giants game when Brady went for Moss and didn't connect, I knew that the next play was going to be the same thing because it was the final game of the season. Since both Brady and Moss desperately wanted their records and since Moss had been shut down for most of the game in which time was running out it seemed like a no-brainer to me that the next play would be the same play. Also, Moss won't get as winded as Springs if a second sprint is run. So they indeed do run the same play again and Springs is trailing Randy by at least five yards and the Pats go up top in that game. As will long be remembered in NFL lore, it was a historic play with Brady beating Manning's season TD pass record at fifty and Moss edging out Rice's record for TD receptions (even though Rice did it in a strike season with less games.)

Well it's 14-10 Chargers now.

Cool, Weddle sees some justice with his pick of the tip. But nothing comes of it.

28-24. Well, now I'm glad the Jags lost to the Pats last week; it'll be just that much more glory for the Chargers when they win the AFC championship against the Patriots.
Old 01.18.2008, 03:40 PM   #31
atari 2600
invito al cielo

On the NFL Network, Bellichick and the Patriots players have been having little Q&A press conferences all this week, (and Norv Turner had one yesterday), but today the Chargers players are up having their turn.

I was surprised at how eloquent Rivers is. Tomlinson also spoke. Rivers, Tomlinson, and Gates should all start on Sunday, but how long they are in the game is up in the air.

Next up is Brett Favre from the Packers, my favorite NFC team (besides the Bears which beat them twice this year).
Old 01.18.2008, 03:45 PM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

It will be the Packers against the Patriots.

The Patriots will win, but it wil be close. This could be a very very exciting super bowl!
Old 01.18.2008, 03:57 PM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Now it's, of course, nine straight road wins for the Giants, Rob, which is the most in NFL history.

Well, winning in Sunday's conference championship games is going to come down to which teams can execute play the best in challenging weather conditions.

As such, it's silly to try and prognosticate the winners, but I'm going with Chargers and Packers.

If the Packers-Patriots match-up does happen, I hope Favre can beat them in the Super Bowl. Any other quarterback that's been around as long as he has would naturally retire afterwards, but who knows with him.
Old 01.19.2008, 02:40 PM   #34
krastian
invito al cielo

I'm going with the Patriots and Packers. Even with a 100% healthy Rivers, LT, and Gates I still think the Patriots would win....they're too good. I'll def. be rooting for the Chargers though. Even though the Giants are hot, I don't think they'll be able to stop Favre and the Packers "fairy tale" season. The weather is going to be cold as shit and Eli hasn't ever had to play in a big game in those conditions.....hopefully it snows again like last week because football in the snow rules. Should be fun!!
Old 01.19.2008, 03:12 PM   #35
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Chargers D will have to get it done.

thing is, the fix is in. the pats games with them going for an undefeated season have been getting high ratings, and for a supremely high-rating super bowl (more advertising money) the patriots have to play in it...also, the afc championship is in foxboro at gillette stadium of course, so the pats are known for getting the calls especially go their way there.

at any rate, the Chargers will somehow win...somehow... with the frigid weather and 20-25 mile per hour winds expected, anyone can win.
i do think that both the packers and chargers' o-lines and d-lines will probably dominate the fourth quarter of their respective games.
Old 01.19.2008, 03:40 PM   #36
krastian
invito al cielo

If dumbass Kaeding blows the game for them on a last second field goal then he should be beaten by the San Diego Chicken.....ha!
Old 01.19.2008, 03:44 PM   #37
foxforce5
bad moon rising

foxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
i do think that both the packers and chargers' o-lines and d-lines will probably dominate the fourth quarter of their respective games.

True. I don't think the Chargers can win though. The Packers o-line and Grant, plus their secondary playing very well, as they have of late, will be key against the Pats
foxforce5 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 03:45 PM   #38
foxforce5
bad moon rising

foxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's asses
dbl post
foxforce5 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2008, 01:30 PM   #39
krastian
invito al cielo

You gotta give it up for Eli.....he played really efficiently in Green Bay. Bradshaw did a really nice job for them too. If the Giants can continue to get pressure on the quarterback, then they def. have a chance to pull off one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history.....Brady had what, 3 picks against the Chargers? There are rumors that Brady's foot is kinda banged up....he'll be ready to kick ass though. It should be interesting to see if Moss (who has always been a bit "emotionally fragile") shows up and has a big game in the Super Bowl after his court date the Monday before the Super Bowl.....he's been pretty m.i.a. in the playoffs since that shit went down.

Either way the Patriots will win and Brady will be the MVP.

Go Eli?!? I never thought I'd say that, but yeah.
Old 01.22.2008, 01:33 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

tha giants have won 10 road games ina ROW!

wow!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth