Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NFL Playoffs 2008
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.03.2008, 02:02 PM   #1
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Who do you guys like this weekend?

I'm taking:

Jacksonville - They have a good running game, pretty beast D, and Garrard doesn't turn the ball over....plus the Steelers are really hurt.

San Diego - If Norv fucks this up, then he should be fired. LT ain't goin' out like that, he ain't goin' out like that....HE AIN'T GOIN' OUT!!!

Tampa Bay -This could go either way. If Eli doesn't fuck up, then the Giants should win....but he will. A real toin coss in my book.

Skins - We are really hot right now and playing inspired football. Hasselback is questionable for the game (he'll play though), so he's a little banged up and he is who will have to beat us. Alexander is a shell of his former self and Morris ain't that great.....Skins can stop pretty much any run game now that we have London Fletcher with the rest of the crew. It's a shame that those dumbass kids had to go ahead and murder Sean Taylor. He was pretty much my favorite player even though he did some stupid shit when he first came into the league. He and Landry would have been beast for years. R.I.P Sean.

I had the Chargers beating the Cowboys in the Super Bowl before the season started. Looks like Tom Brady will have something to say about that. Leave it to Norv to fuck up a great offense.
Old 01.03.2008, 02:08 PM   #2
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I am a notorious football-on-TV hater.
Old 01.03.2008, 02:15 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
gmku only goes for that LIVE shit. I need to see a Skins game before I die.
Old 01.03.2008, 02:28 PM   #4
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah whats the latest stats for the millionaires??
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2008, 02:30 PM   #5
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2008, 02:33 PM   #6
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Who do you guys like this weekend?

I'm taking:

Jacksonville - They have a good running game, pretty beast D, and Garrard doesn't turn the ball over....plus the Steelers are really hurt.

San Diego - If Norv fucks this up, then he should be fired. LT ain't goin' out like that, he ain't goin' out like that....HE AIN'T GOIN' OUT!!!

Tampa Bay -This could go either way. If Eli doesn't fuck up, then the Giants should win....but he will. A real toin coss in my book.

Skins - We are really hot right now and playing inspired football. Hasselback is questionable for the game (he'll play though), so he's a little banged up and he is who will have to beat us. Alexander is a shell of his former self and Morris ain't that great.....Skins can stop pretty much any run game now that we have London Fletcher with the rest of the crew. It's a shame that those dumbass kids had to go ahead and murder Sean Taylor. He was pretty much my favorite player even though he did some stupid shit when he first came into the league. He and Landry would have been beast for years. R.I.P Sean.

I had the Chargers beating the Cowboys in the Super Bowl before the season started. Looks like Tom Brady will have something to say about that. Leave it to Norv to fuck up a great offense.

the game is in seattle...i don't care about the skins momentum or the
seahawks recent mini-skid, it's one and out for Washington. you do know
i'm a Vikings fan, right? yeah, so FUCK the redskins. that should be
minnesota in there losing to seattle!

also disagree on bucs and giants...eli manning will wait a week to throw
5 interceptions and give tom coughlin a massive stroke.
Old 01.03.2008, 02:46 PM   #7
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
you do know
i'm a Vikings fan, right? yeah, so FUCK the redskins.
Ha ha....yeah, I know.
Old 01.03.2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I take Jacksonville over the Steelers, although I do love the Steeers having been one in Pop warner football as a kid.

I think the Titans are going down and they are going down hard. Unless they have a magnificent running game they will lose.

I think Tampa Bay will win, unless the weather is terrible. The Giants have my current favorite RB, Brandon jacobs, huge tall motherfucker. he rules all.

The redskins will win, for they are HOT right now and have a killer instinct. in the playoffs you play all-out for there is no tomorrow, but the redskins have been playing that way for a month now and ran the table to make it in.
I fucking HATE the cowboys so you know I fucking LOVE the redskins!!!!
Old 01.03.2008, 03:00 PM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

Yeah, fuck a Cowboy.
Old 01.03.2008, 04:37 PM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Jaguars at Steelers
Per the buzz these days, Jacksonville have a fairly good team. Everyone knows they beat Pittsburgh a few weeks ago in the snow and slush. For Pittsburgh, Parker being out and Polamalu not being at 100% is a source of concern. But the biggest factor may once again be the weather with conditions at Heinz Field being deplorable far too often. Nevertheless, the Steelers will win, and the hype for the Jags ends here.

Titans at Chargers
San Diego barely came back to win in OT during their last meeting in which they more-or-less looked horrible, but even with Haynesworth for Tennessee looking probable for the game, the superchargers should win unless Rivers pulls too much of a Rivers. Vince Young thinks he got hit hard last week against the Colts? Just wait until he's taken out of this game. To me, the Chargers have been the best team in the NFL for several years now, but somehow always manage ("manage" being the operative word) to fail to prove it. Here's to hoping this season is different.

Redskins at Seahawks
The twelfth-man at Qwest Field will matter not! This may be a low-scoring affair with the Skins D stepping up and their offense not coverting in the red zone as often as they should, but then again, this just might be a blowout with loads of dropped passes, offensive turnovers, and failed rushes by the Seahawks. At any rate, I'm hoping it's a blowout. Seattle, the pretenders that they are, will go down. Of this I am most certain.

Gaints at Buccaneers
The G-men may have played reasonably well against the Pats, but I have a feeling that the Bucs, perhaps the most underrated team in the league, will be victorious. And although I think Eli will be able to hook up with Burress and Toomer a good deal and Jacobs will have a decent outing, a lot depends on the other side of the ball and Big Blue's ability to pass rush Garcia. Jeff hasn't played recently, but he is usually about as unflappable as QBs get. Connections to Galloway and Hilliard will light up the scoreboard provided that Graham, back from his injury, has another good day. I suppose we'll find out what the Bucs O-Line is really made of with this test against the Giants.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2008, 12:37 PM   #11
krastian
invito al cielo

In the words of Bill Parcells, "Don't get me started on these kickers."

The Redskins kickers have sucked for years like only a legend sucker could suck. The missed freakin' 30 yarder really let the air out of the Skins balloon. Sure they probably would have found a way to lose the game, but still.

Great game in Pittsburgh too!! Jones-Drew has been one of my favorite players since he came in the league last year.....fun to watch!!
Old 01.06.2008, 12:48 PM   #12
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
todd collins was every bit as culpable as suisham, even more. he was
pressured all game and CRACKED when the skins were still only down 21-14.
Old 01.06.2008, 12:58 PM   #13
krastian
invito al cielo

True true, but with the momentum of Landry's picks and taking the lead after being down 17 (right??) would have helped the ball keep rolling....plus we could have stuck with the running game a little more. But yeah, we would have still probably lost.

Oh and did you guys see Jamie Moyer almost jump off that fucking railing when he was getting the crowd pumped up? Pretty intense for an old man....I laughed.
Old 01.06.2008, 01:34 PM   #14
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Suisham has been great all year just about, but unfortunately, he choked with that chip shot FG.

I like Gibbs, it's hard not to, but I'm not so sure he has the ability to coach in the modern game. His formations are too easy to read and he routinely underestimates the intelligence of the opposing teams and coaches. Like many other teams on the bubble, the Skins have lots of raw talent, but unfortunately, not a whole lot of intelligence, and they need a great coaching staff and not merely an adequate one. They commit way too many costly penalties usually, although that really wasn't their problem in their upsetting loss. Still, their heart was evident and Collins did great during his run, all things considered. Physicality and heart get a team only so far in the modern game. Consistent speed and intelligence are the more important attributes nowadays.
Old 01.06.2008, 02:00 PM   #15
atari 2600
invito al cielo

If I had to blame the Redskins loss on any one player, that player would be Santana Moss. Although Moss has some speed and athletic ability, he's not a consistent player. He had the one TD reception, yes, and he had other important catches. This season, with the injuries and so on, he's become a real weak link. Santana also had a couple of key drops. So did Cooley, but still. And more importantly, he gave up on that route which caused a Marcus Trufant interception which was run back for a Seahawks touchdown. Moss didn't even make a good effort to tackle him. Santana's lack of game was evident early on (on, I think, the first pass thrown to him), when, wide open in the middle of the field for a huge gain, he failed to recognize that one of Collins' passes was going to fall short. He didn't even take one step towards where the ball was eventually going to fall when he had time to do so. If you are playing wideout in the NFL, then you simply have to be able to judge the trajectory of the passed ball. Santana Moss is not instinctively intelligent enough to play professional football.

My advice to the Redskins organization would be to draft a wide receiver. They desperately need one that is hungrier and who plays with more recognition concerning what is going down on the whole field on any given play.

But hey, what do I know anyway since I've picked three of the four games this weekend incorrectly. I sure hope the Chargers can win and advance.
At any rate, I'm glad the Patriots will have to see the Jaguars next weekend.
Old 01.06.2008, 03:29 PM   #16
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I usually only watch Football if everyone's watching the game.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2008, 06:19 PM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

It's a bit goofy to give Tomlinson the ball on every single first down of the first half. And Kaeding always (especially) sucks during playoff games.

Unless Gates gets involved early, the Chargers have no offense; how their coaches can get paid like they do and not know this intrinsic truth is beyond the realm of my comprehension as a Chargers fan.

So far it's a lot like their first meeting a few weeks ago where they played some of the worst football they had all season up until rallying at the end. Here's to hoping they can come back today in the second half.
Old 01.06.2008, 07:33 PM   #18
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Phew! They came back. And Mr. Haynesworth was not a factor for the Titans D in the second half.

I was under the misconception that Gates was reasonably healthy for this game. He's been on-and-off all this season with injuries, and to go out with some toe injury he must be pretty banged up. Well, that explains why they weren't trying to spread the Titans D by going to him very much in the first half.

After the last game of the regular season, Tony Dungy went up and congratulated Fisher saying, "Well, I know they don't want to see you guys."
I don't think it's too much of a stretch to conclude that Dungy lost on purpose to get that match-up rather than the Browns playing the Chargers.
The truth is that the Colts don't wanna see the Chargers, since lately they've had their number. Here's to another Chargers win next week!
Old 01.08.2008, 12:02 PM   #19
krastian
invito al cielo

Coach Gibbs resigned.....it's time. They say the front runners for the job are Doug Williams and Al Saunders. The obvious choice is Bill Cower though.....if he wants to leave CBS and coach now. Show him the money, Dan.
Old 01.08.2008, 12:04 PM   #20
atari 2600
invito al cielo

I just heard the news.

Yep, he's been put out to pasture.

Again, I hope the Skins pick a wide receiver fairly high in the draft. They need a wideout sort of like Anquan Boldin for the Cardinals that played quarterback in college.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth