Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Britishfascist party wins seat in European election
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.08.2009, 11:49 AM   #21
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
seems the whole of europe has taken a giant step to the right with lots of right wing parties gaining seats. i hope that its just a blip and not a more permanent thing. whebn the bnp have gotten into power in certain councils they never last because theyre whole rhetoric is based on racist ideals and they actually have no idea about running a council. plus not many people want to deal with them so they get kicked out.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 11:54 AM   #22
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
it's hard to argue with the fascist mentality.

the stupid masses need to have someone telling them what to do.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 01:29 PM   #23
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
The Labour Party have only themselves to blame for their meltdown.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 01:30 PM   #24
Theremin
little trouble girl

Theremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard sucka
The hausse of Eurosceptic parties is probably the most worrying trend, this is a time we should be cooperating between countries more than ever. Simplistic nationalist solutions won't get us through this crisis, though the irony is of course that people tend to vote for those false securities during times of economic depression.
Btw, the extreme right wing (racist) party actually lost the elections for the first time in about 20 years in Belgium (Flanders) yesterday. Joy. Too bad the votes went to other (moderate) conservative, anti-Walloon parties.
Theremin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 01:50 PM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
This BNP result is just a sign of the disillusionment most people here have with the main three parties though isn't it? Nothing more. It's not going to get much worse. It's just that conservatives are all wankers, labour are all incompetent and the lib dems haven't been relevant since 1924. The BNP has presented itself as a visible 'fourth party' in this election where maybe the SWP or Green Party should have.. but meh, I'm not worried at all. This is a flash in the pan for racist scum.

What concerns me isn't that the BNP got 2 (two) seats but that the fucking Tories cunted Labour. I'm not Labourite, but if that fucking Etonite cunt gets in the whole country needs a fucking good twatting.

Which is to say - of course, I'll happily join in with the hand-wringing 'oh, it's terrible that the nasty, disollusioned, money-magicking racists got in', but let's be honest, if they had anything approximating a majority and you'd have some sort of revolution on your hands. And, let's be honest, the British are appaling at revolt.

I think Danny's right to say it's a sign of disollusionment, but I also think it's potentially a sign of change, which is what we need. The Greens made big incursions, and so did UKIP. Two parties I actually consider more dangerous than the BNP in practise because they're not run by incompetent fuckwits.

What I'd like to see is this Euro result (and the locals for those who had locals) galvanise the decent-thinking country into going 'anything but that fucking cunt Cameron' come Brown's inevitable 'lie back and think of Major'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 01:56 PM   #26
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
camerons got such a smug face he makes me angrier than geoff hoon. that takes some doing i can tell you. i think its inevitable that the tories are going to trounce labour at the next election and i am by no means a conservative supporter either but i really dont want them in. why do the lib dems always seem to just fall by the way side?

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 06.08.2009, 02:01 PM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm almost tempted to start getting politically active with the Lib Dems in time for the next election. Anything so there's some sort of competition for Cuntface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 02:09 PM   #28
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
they'll be challenged head-on about their views and beliefs in a public environment, which is the way to take on the BNP and the other European fascist parties.

trouble is, thats been the idea for a lng time, and look where it got us. We've unforgivably given the cunts 2 seats in Europe to represent us, and by the looks of it a number of other countries have done the same.
And the twats will all support each other too...

we're gonna need a bigger boat
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 02:11 PM   #29
jon boy
invito al cielo

with the way labour are right now, plus the cons obviulsy going to win the next election how long do you think they are going to stay in power for? it could be quite sometime i fear.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 06.08.2009, 02:24 PM   #30
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think Danny's right to say it's a sign of disollusionment, but I also think it's potentially a sign of change, which is what we need. The Greens made big incursions, and so did UKIP. Two parties I actually consider more dangerous than the BNP in practise because they're not run by incompetent fuckwits.

I like the idea of Labour becoming the sort of backseat party the Liberals became in the 20s and fading away, they've both long outlived their usefulness. Conservatives are same-old, same-old, and their sort of politics will never go away. The problem for Liberals and Labour now is they don't stand for shit. Labour haven't even adopted any decent super-cool Keynesian economic strategies to dig us out of this recession like FDR or Hitler did.

We need a new main anti-conservative opposition party that can just come along, say 'fuck this, i've got a load of boss ideas', and inspire people to get some hard work done and to have some faith in government for once. This is why I brought up FDR and Hitler earlier. They're the only two leaders I can think of that actually won anyones 'can do' imagination in the great depression and pulled their countries properly out of the mire.

I'm rambling now but yeah, fuck everything. Eat the rich and televise it
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 02:27 PM   #31
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
with the way labour are right now, plus the cons obviulsy going to win the next election how long do you think they are going to stay in power for? it could be quite sometime i fear.

Problem with Conservatives is when they get in, they get in. Consider their domination of the inter-war years and 1979-97, et cetera. They're a big, smug, lumbering blob threatening to ooze their smarmy, patronising middle-england lies all over the country. Ugh. I can just picture Piers Morgan's smug, perpetually-wanking face looming over the planet as Cameron enjoys a ticker-tape parade of orphan's death certificates, riding a pensioner into Downing Street
Old 06.08.2009, 02:34 PM   #32
jon boy
invito al cielo

the undoing of the cons is always europe though. mention that and they seem to split like tight trousers on oliver letwin. but having said that london does have captain blonde in power and if thats not an example of insanity in the polling booths then i dont know what is.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 06.08.2009, 02:39 PM   #33
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

I actually really like Boris Johnson. He just doesn't give a shit, which is rare in politics. He's not trying to please anybody, he's just uncompromisingly himself. I at least admire him as a person anyway, his history documentaries are fantastically great, his books are full of that rare substance known as honesty and his hair is a laugh, for a politician. Oh Boris.

Haha what a fucking nutter. I don't know if I'd want him running the country or anything but I'd like to have a drink with him and talk about history
Old 06.08.2009, 02:43 PM   #34
jon boy
invito al cielo

the history of liverpool?

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 06.08.2009, 02:47 PM   #35
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Ooooh controversial! Except that he was almost completely spot on, just bad timing what with all that beheading and whatnot
Old 06.08.2009, 02:50 PM   #36
jon boy
invito al cielo

i actually only vaguely remember that whole thing. i know he had to apologise ad then got locked out of his house infront of the worlds media. his appearances on have i got news for you where hilarious. oh boris.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 06.08.2009, 03:05 PM   #37
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFRgIb8mAQ

His infamous 'ping pong speech', what a legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFct9z_xYGQ

Talking about how much he hates eggs
Old 06.08.2009, 03:39 PM   #38
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I actually really like Boris Johnson. He just doesn't give a shit, which is rare in politics. He's not trying to please anybody, he's just uncompromisingly himself. I at least admire him as a person anyway, his history documentaries are fantastically great, his books are full of that rare substance known as honesty and his hair is a laugh, for a politician. Oh Boris.

Haha what a fucking nutter. I don't know if I'd want him running the country or anything but I'd like to have a drink with him and talk about history

Thats alright for you up in Scouseland. If he decides to replace all the roads with canals and all the roads with canals then im sailing to work tomorrow.

And in any case, he thinks youre a whining sentimentalist doesnt he?

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 03:41 PM   #39
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

You clearly can't believe that he's that much of a buffoon. Also, no, he doesn't.
Old 06.08.2009, 03:52 PM   #40
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I find him as entertaining as the next person, but the fact he's in charge of so many things that affect me and my parents causes me alot of worry, mainly because he's the ultimate Tory insider and when they win the next election its going to much easier for him to let everything below Islington turn into a cesspool (not that New LAbour havent, but i thought Ken Livingstone was moving stuff in the right direction).

On the whining sentimentalist thing, in case you didnt know;

On 16 October 2004, The Spectator carried an unsigned editorial[84] comment criticising a perceived trend to mawkish sentimentality by the public. Using British hostage Kenneth Bigley as an example, the editorial claimed the inhabitants of Bigley's home city of Liverpool were wallowing in a "vicarious victimhood"; that many Liverpudlians had a "deeply unattractive psyche"; and that they refused to accept responsibility for "drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground" during the Hillsborough disaster, a contention at odds with the findings of the Taylor Report. The editorial closed with: "In our maturity as a civilisation, we should accept that we can cut out the cancer of ignorant sentimentality without diminishing, as in this case, our utter disgust at a foul and barbaric act of murder."

Party On

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth