Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page if you could be the best in the world at something, what would you want it to be?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.31.2009, 08:22 AM   #21
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
i'd like to be best in being a good partner/boyfriend.

which, in fact, I'm really far from being.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 08:28 AM   #22
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to be the best at discovering music,art,books,places,food,drinks,etc...that appeal to me.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 08:51 AM   #23
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I am not quite the best...filmmaker yet but I know I will be as long as I work at it.

Damn...
Looks like I've got some competition.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 02:38 AM   #24
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I'd simply like to be in a really great band who enough people enjoy the music of so I could make a career out of it. A band in which most people universally love (Or like a lot). Have a record or two be considered a "genius effort" from indie rock from the time period.

Since that was a mess and made little sense, I wouldn't want to be the best band ever because I don't really think "best" exists (Literally being better than EVERYTHING that qualifies in the category? Seriously?), but I would like to be "one" of the best indie rock bands who people say sound just like Pavement but nobody ever realizes all of the songs are just ripoffs of better songs.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 02:41 AM   #25
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
the best at squeezing titties

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 03:26 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
i'd like to be best in being a good partner/boyfriend.

which, in fact, I'm really far from being.

I am the best partner/boyfriend. I've been told this by every girl I've dated, and I even got an email from an ex saying that I'm too uh... good of a boyfriend and that alienates girls that I date because girls don't want to date someone who they feel impossibly indebted to. In other words, most girls want a guy with flaws so they feel better about their own, and so they don't feel the pressure to compete... But yeah, I've never cheated, I'm always on time, I always get my women whatever they want, I will see them at 2 PM or 2 AM, in rain or snow, I will walk miles upon miles, I will risk life and death, I will ... you know. Just, everything. Even though my girlfriend and I are apparently "breaking up" soon (which, in all honesty, I think is just a temporary thing -- I'm not being delusional, I just know that when we're together, things are great... she's not faking or hiding her feelings... I think she just needs a break from me.. and maybe just needs to see what else is out there... then, she'll know), I have given her close to $500 recently, just to help her out. She didn't ask for it! She didn't expect it! She's not using me... I had to force her to take it. But, yeah, she is apparently moving far away, and there's going to be a period where she isn't working and I wanted to show her that I support her, even though I don't agree with what she's doing to me, and I definitely don't agree with this situation in general. I've done more than that, but I don't want to... yeah. Maybe I'll talk more about this after we officially "split up".

The point of this paragraph was just to say: You can be the best boyfriend ever, but a lot of girls don't want that.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 03:29 AM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'd do anything to make a girl cum.

Old 08.05.2009, 04:31 AM   #28
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
u sound like a narcissist

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 04:55 AM   #29
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I am the best partner/boyfriend. I've been told this by every girl I've dated, and I even got an email from an ex saying that I'm too uh... good of a boyfriend and that alienates girls that I date because girls don't want to date someone who they feel impossibly indebted to. In other words, most girls want a guy with flaws so they feel better about their own, and so they don't feel the pressure to compete... But yeah, I've never cheated, I'm always on time, I always get my women whatever they want, I will see them at 2 PM or 2 AM, in rain or snow, I will walk miles upon miles, I will risk life and death, I will ... you know. Just, everything. Even though my girlfriend and I are apparently "breaking up" soon (which, in all honesty, I think is just a temporary thing -- I'm not being delusional, I just know that when we're together, things are great... she's not faking or hiding her feelings... I think she just needs a break from me.. and maybe just needs to see what else is out there... then, she'll know), I have given her close to $500 recently, just to help her out. She didn't ask for it! She didn't expect it! She's not using me... I had to force her to take it. But, yeah, she is apparently moving far away, and there's going to be a period where she isn't working and I wanted to show her that I support her, even though I don't agree with what she's doing to me, and I definitely don't agree with this situation in general. I've done more than that, but I don't want to... yeah. Maybe I'll talk more about this after we officially "split up".

The point of this paragraph was just to say: You can be the best boyfriend ever, but a lot of girls don't want that.

uhh...
Old 08.05.2009, 04:56 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Nah, just honest. Also, I'm probably one of the best typists currently alive. I type 149 words per minute without error. How is stating a fact narcassistic, especially when it's relevant to the topic at hand? We all are good at something. Might as well be honest at what you're good at. I'm not BRAGGING here. I'm not going "Look at me, I'm a great boyfriend, fuck you all!" In fact, if anything, I'm being self-deprecciating: It's widely acknowledged that I'm a great boyfriend but still, girls have cheated on me, lied to me, and broken up with me. And I've never even yelled at them. I'm ... too good. Which is probably why I want to blow my brains out. A "narcassist" probably doesn't hate himself and wishes he were dead every day.

Also, dont worry, I'm honest about my faults too.

Old 08.05.2009, 10:03 AM   #31
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
my answer is "no". once yr "the best" at anything, there's only room for slippin'.

plus, once I became "the best", I would most likely just grow bored of whatever it was that I'm "the best" at.

the best the best the best....etc
All of the Above
Everything that goes up must come down

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 10:08 AM   #32
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Nah, just honest. Also, I'm probably one of the best typists currently alive. I type 149 words per minute without error. How is stating a fact narcassistic, especially when it's relevant to the topic at hand? We all are good at something. Might as well be honest at what you're good at. I'm not BRAGGING here. I'm not going "Look at me, I'm a great boyfriend, fuck you all!" In fact, if anything, I'm being self-deprecciating: It's widely acknowledged that I'm a great boyfriend but still, girls have cheated on me, lied to me, and broken up with me. And I've never even yelled at them. I'm ... too good. Which is probably why I want to blow my brains out. A "narcassist" probably doesn't hate himself and wishes he were dead every day.

Also, dont worry, I'm honest about my faults too.
I cannt tipe or spel worth a shitas some have pionted out in the past
so i am the bestesttat nontiping
i goooood at formatttttinnngg thow
Maybe you are too good of a boyfriend and that is why they cheat & lie
Tell them bitches what you think
My husband and I have insane fights....but deep inside I really like it
makes the love better

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 08:14 PM   #33
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
skating
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2009, 08:23 PM   #34
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
eating yogurt
making edible cereal out of rocks
Old 08.05.2009, 08:25 PM   #35
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
making edible cereal out of rocks
for future reference, this is why I like australians. they fucking EAT ROCKS, man.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 08:50 AM   #36
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

if she isn't happy there, no amount of you 'being a good boyfriend' is going to make it any different. no point beating yourself up over that. really.
Old 08.06.2009, 09:02 AM   #37
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, it has nothing to do with me.. well, for the most part. It's just that she's not happy in life, in general, and needs to change. I'm not beating myself up, I'm still tore up over the situation though I have some hope.

Old 08.06.2009, 09:12 AM   #38
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
it wasn't meant to be a negative comment, if it sounded a bit like that.

I just know I've been in situations where I've felt like I was doing everything I could do to make something better, and beating myself up over it.. before realising.. wait, I am doing everything I can do.. so.. not it's not something Im doing wrong, so there is no point letting it drown you.
Old 08.06.2009, 09:46 AM   #39
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
magician.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2009, 09:53 AM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I type 149 words per minute without error.

Quote:
narcassistic

self-deprecciating

"narcassist"

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth