Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why I'm leaving this forum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2006, 09:40 PM   #81
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPfrey05
You dudes are all little bitches.

Hahaha!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RIPfrey05 again.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:41 PM   #82
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Hayden's trying to run me off too...What is he, like 12 years old?

I'm not trying to run you off. You tried being a cunt in my territory. That don't fly well with me.
Old 05.10.2006, 09:41 PM   #83
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Also, I'm 15.
Old 05.11.2006, 12:39 AM   #84
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
it's an Axis of Brutal Honesty:

HaydenAsche
Everyneurotic
truncated
Old 05.11.2006, 02:35 AM   #85
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
honesty???
humor???

it all looks like obnoxious bullying, poorly disguised as sarcasm..
screaming obscenities and giggling later on, the abuse directed at the new kid, and everyone involved gives eachother reps for it..

everyone remembers this from high school - shit, some of us are still in high school..
i like sarcasm and fine humor as much as the next guy, but constant swearing and hostility is not part of it..

i can understand thuston hunger's frustration..

the board is turning sour......

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 03:44 AM   #86
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
You tried being a cunt in my territory. .

ammm what?
Old 05.11.2006, 04:27 AM   #87
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Hunger
I’m leaving this forum now. Yesterday I posted a series of five polls about the relative merits of Sonic Youth albums. I got a series of “hilarious” sarcastic comments from EveryNeurotic and HaydenAsche, who seemed to take objection to a SY fan discussing aspects of the band’s music in this way.

EveryNeurotic had the dignity to later apologise.

Then HaydenAsche posted here:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1692
to call me an “Annoying little fucker.”

It was just five polls, for God’s sake! Hardly worth insulting someone over. Why not just read only the threads you find interesting?

Obviously, he feels threatened that his "private club" has been invaded in some way. New members are clearly not welcome. Hayden, if you were a real SY fan you might want to be a bit less elitist and childish about things. But I doubt you even like the music much.

So I’ll say bye now.

And thanks to everyone else, who seem like great people – good luck putting up with these idiotic schoolyard bullies.

I’m off to listen to some Sonic Youth.
What a Drama Queen!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 04:40 AM   #88
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by candymoan
honesty???
humor???

it all looks like obnoxious bullying, poorly disguised as sarcasm..
screaming obscenities and giggling later on, the abuse directed at the new kid, and everyone involved gives eachother reps for it..

everyone remembers this from high school - shit, some of us are still in high school..
i like sarcasm and fine humor as much as the next guy, but constant swearing and hostility is not part of it..

i can understand thuston hunger's frustration..

the board is turning sour......

I will say that what I find more irritating are these threads that are started as ploys for attention.

As I said before, how were we meant to respond to Thurston Hunger's declaration that he was leaving the board? Collectively rally behind him, grab our torches and hangrope, and march to HaydenAsche's and Everyneurotic's homes? Grab our hair in lamentation and scream, "NO Thurston Hunger, for the love of GOD, don't leave us!"

You make the conscious decision to leave - fine. Whether I see you face or ass first makes no difference to me. Buh-bye.

I find it more childish to attempt to lasso innocent board members into existing conflicts. If Thurston Hunger had an issue with Everyneurotic and/or Gooey, so be it - but leave it that way. Don't start a whiny, petulant thread in an effort to garner the support of the other board members.

If you want my secret suspicions, I suspect Thurston Hunger is, whether new or old, a boarder whose sole intent was to wind the place up. A troll, if you will. There are few other reasons why a new board member would engage in behavior that is quite recognizably irritating and, when called out upon it, would make such a brash, presumptuous statement:

"Obviously, he feels threatened that his "private club" has been invaded in some way. New members are clearly not welcome. Hayden, if you were a real SY fan you might want to be a bit less elitist and childish about things. But I doubt you even like the music much."

Sounds more to me like someone who wasn't a particular fan of the two above-mentioned posters, and wanted to 'teach them a lesson.'

Is it my turn to be presumptuous? You betcha. But if I'm wrong, I shall gladly admit to such an offense, and you won't likely see a thread announcing my huffy, indignant departure from such a cruel, heartless medium.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 04:43 AM   #89
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
he does have a point though...

*/**
nothing here...

Old 05.11.2006, 04:43 AM   #90
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
The polls were cool
Old 05.11.2006, 05:00 AM   #91
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
he does have a point though...

Does he?

I had just finished typing a long-winded defense of the nature of unwritten social contracts and public media of expression, but instead I'll go with

He's being a whiny bastard.

Someone doesn't like you. Pull your panties out of your asscrack and get on with it. That's life.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 05:16 AM   #92
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
PK . STOP THE FUCKING BULLSHIT ALREADY. hayden is ok, hes funny he is sarcastic so what if someone got offended, thats their tough shit. e.n. is one of the least opffensive people on this board and guess what, he got offended by him too. so bllody what. this board is filled now with ego feeding onupman ship and its beginning to suck. wanna throw insults at folk then fuck off to the mtv2 forum, i think they actually have a section for that! i mean yesterday this was funny, today its tiresome. get over it. thurston hunger is gone cuz he couldnt stand the "heat" of internet chat forum humour and comments, well boo hoo, let me dry my eyes!!!!
cmon people, this place used to be real cool, its turning sourer and sourer by the day, PULL YR HEADS OUT OF YR ARSES AND SMILE THE SMILE!!!!!

oh yeah, thurston hunger was pming hayden afetr the event, presumably not nice pms..... that sums him up so im glad hes gone...... hayden for board vice president (after atari)
Old 05.11.2006, 05:30 AM   #93
candymoan
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Does he?

I had just finished typing a long-winded defense of the nature of unwritten social contracts and public media of expression, but instead I'll go with

He's being a whiny bastard.

Someone doesn't like you. Pull your panties out of your asscrack and get on with it. That's life.

i'd like to read that truncated..
thurston hunger might be "a whiny bastard", but i can also see what made him go overboard..

as i've said, abuse is not really sarcasm or humor.. and hayden acts like a bully for the most of the time.. i wouldn't take his offensive words seriously, but at the same time i wouldn't be amused by them either..

*/**
nothing here...

Old 05.11.2006, 05:33 AM   #94
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
is there 2 haydens on this board or something, im confused we cant be talking about the same guy!
Old 05.11.2006, 05:42 AM   #95
candymoan
the end of the ugly

paulybee2656,
this reminds me of "citizen kane" for some reason..

basically two polar extremes have surfaced..
1- hayden is a nice guy with good humor, and thurston hunger is just whining
2- hayden is abusive, and thurston hunger is right

i might be closer to the second school of thought, as i think hayden has a tendwncy to over-do his remarks, but i don't think it is a matter of leaving the board..

my main concern is, all the hayden supporters act as though it was an innocent and funny matter, without acknowleding the offensive remarks made..

i am interested in what truncated has to say.. always articulate and sane, and gets along with hayden fine...

*/**
nothing here...

Old 05.11.2006, 05:43 AM   #96
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Quote:
i am interested in what truncated has to say.. always articulate and sane, and gets along with hayden fine...

It's a little more than that--last I heard, they were married.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 05:47 AM   #97
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

ok, haydens remarks may have been a little ott but i think thurstons hungers reaction was way ott. especially when he continued to pm hayden after the final post! yknow id think a lot more of him if he answered this thread, diplomatically and not call us all cunts or whatever, i think i would have more time for him then.

im in school of thought number one but i know no ones a saint... this is an internet forum for gods sake, aint this getting a bit silly?

this never happened on the old forum, the fights would be over and apologies made and sonic love would prevail, this sucks guys this really sucks!
Old 05.11.2006, 06:31 AM   #98
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
ok, haydens remarks may have been a little ott but i think thurstons hungers reaction was way ott. especially when he continued to pm hayden after the final post! yknow id think a lot more of him if he answered this thread, diplomatically and not call us all cunts or whatever, i think i would have more time for him then.

im in school of thought number one but i know no ones a saint... this is an internet forum for gods sake, aint this getting a bit silly?

this never happened on the old forum, the fights would be over and apologies made and sonic love would prevail, this sucks guys this really sucks!

word
couldn´t agree more
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 07:07 AM   #99
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Leaving is never the answer. Giving up doesn't build anything for you in life, unless its recognizing your limits and therefore a needed function. Thurston Hunger tasted one dish from the table of food that the board has to offer. So what, so the milk was a little sour? Well you can always not drink it and move on to something else. Instead this guy "blasphemes" the board and its users and departs with no graciousness (the post thread pm's to haydenasche). Holy hell, maybe the board needs to lighten up some, it has changed a lot from the older days and I imagine even more since its inception, but, that's a weak, cop out of an excuse to split. If you don't like hayden or en, then dont bother them and they wont bother you, there are plenty of folks that want to discuss music all the time. The reason why we don't? Who knows, maybe the threads aren't there and we are all waitting fo some grand topic to arise, what comes to mind was Khchris downloading music thread. It was a little elitist or judgemental, but I would have given said user some rep for challenging people and making them think. So until, the pie in the sky thread, it seems a lot of us are biding time engaging in somewhat entertaining sparing sessions, sharpening our skill as it were. I love music with a passion. Sonic Youth is encompassed in that passion, a slew of music is in concealed in this passion of mine. I know that a lot of others feel like this, maybe thats why we come here, or maybe its because we like to blow off steam and start bitch fights, you never can tell.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2006, 07:11 AM   #100
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Leaving the Sy forum is never easy.I saw the lights fading out........

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth