Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why I'm leaving this forum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.10.2006, 02:38 AM   #1
Thurston Hunger
little trouble girl

Thurston Hunger ain't too shabby
I’m leaving this forum now. Yesterday I posted a series of five polls about the relative merits of Sonic Youth albums. I got a series of “hilarious” sarcastic comments from EveryNeurotic and HaydenAsche, who seemed to take objection to a SY fan discussing aspects of the band’s music in this way.

EveryNeurotic had the dignity to later apologise.

Then HaydenAsche posted here:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1692
to call me an “Annoying little fucker.”

It was just five polls, for God’s sake! Hardly worth insulting someone over. Why not just read only the threads you find interesting?

Obviously, he feels threatened that his "private club" has been invaded in some way. New members are clearly not welcome. Hayden, if you were a real SY fan you might want to be a bit less elitist and childish about things. But I doubt you even like the music much.

So I’ll say bye now.

And thanks to everyone else, who seem like great people – good luck putting up with these idiotic schoolyard bullies.

I’m off to listen to some Sonic Youth.
Thurston Hunger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 03:36 AM   #2
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
don't leave the forum just yet, there are always people around that you won't like... just don't pay attention
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 04:05 AM   #3
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
dont leave Thurston Hunger, dont leave just cuz you had a bad experiance with 2 boardies, sure there are some very opinionated people on here but at the end of the day it is a message board where people post their opinions. stick around man, sometimes i see people getting all hot and bothered on here, just take a back seat and let em on with it. some people love to drop that "shock" factor on you... just do what i do and take refuge in the sound of it flying over your head.
Old 05.10.2006, 04:09 AM   #4
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
stick wit us, the friendly boys

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 04:47 AM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
dont leave, we have all had our fair share of bad comments and arguements with people on here (mostly atari2600 and khchris) (ha ha ha) but we all get over it and forgive each other.

dont leave over this, its so stupid.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 05:24 AM   #6
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
hey man, don't leave the board. to be honest i dislike many aggressive and offensive posts by random posters, but anyway, there are still so many people who are worth staying.
this 'private club' is made by (imo) newbie kids, most of them flooded tha old board in it's last days, so prolly they feel like owners and main dudes on this one. i don't want to insult with them at all, so i just ignore posts i dislike or find childish and annoying. and there are tons of such posts. there is also a quite nice features that allow you to make posts by dudes you don't like just dissappear. so, there is future for you around. as slavo said, stick with friendly dudes.
Old 05.10.2006, 05:42 AM   #7
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Gooey is one of the funniest goddamn posters on this board. He's brutally, deliciously honest. I value forthrightness far more than gratuitous ass-kissing.

Pardon my potential rudeness, but is this where we're all supposed to cry, "No, Thurston Hunger, don't leave us! Don't let the offensiveness of a select few posters deter from this utopia of Sonic <3 and fabricated sense of community! They're MEANIES, ignore them, be yourself, let's go vegan together!"

Toughen up, boy. What are you going to do, skulk away in bitter indignance every time someone says something you don't agree with? If that's your attitude, then the board is better off without you.

You seem like a nice kid. Don't be a pussy.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 05:50 AM   #8
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Gooey is one of the funniest goddamn posters on this board. He's brutally, deliciously honest. I value forthrightness far more than gratuitous ass-kissing.

Pardon my potential rudeness, but is this where we're all supposed to cry, "No, Thurston Hunger, don't leave us! Don't let the offensiveness of a select few posters deter from this utopia of Sonic <3 and fabricated sense of community! They're MEANIES, ignore them, be yourself, let's go vegan together!"

Toughen up, boy. What are you going to do, skulk away in bitter indignance every time someone says something you don't agree with? If that's your attitude, then the board is better off without you.

You seem like a nice kid. Don't be a pussy.

harsh but true

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 05:54 AM   #9
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
so you're basically leaving because two people don't like you?

worst reason i ever heard.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 06:10 AM   #10
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
once again Truncated speaks the truth, kinda like you're friend that told you in the shop the cordroy jacket you really really wanted to buy is actually stink and looks like shit. its not nice to hear but sometimes the truth hurts. everyone needs that friend, its combines elements of harshness and truth. you're like my Dad truncated and i dont mean that in a bad way, when all the chips are down and whatever the situation, my Dad puts a whole different slant on a topic that make you think.... i dunno... differently.
Old 05.10.2006, 06:49 AM   #11
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
come on, look at the bright side. you have a quarter as many posts as i do but more rep than me. so someone likes you at least.

stay or the cat will come back from the dead to haunt you.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 06:57 AM   #12
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
wow dude yr a whiney little bitch! get the fuck off this forum!

ignore that sarcastic comment.
Old 05.10.2006, 06:59 AM   #13
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I'm with slavo and shentov on this one, you always have the choice of selecting who you want to view and be around. Don't leave because of Everyneurotic and Haydenasche, sure there style take s some getting used to and you learn to not care so much. truncated has some valid points also about said users, and you should take time to think about this decision of yours.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 07:01 AM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Is this thread going to go on for a while? Shall I make everyone a nice cup of tea for the fun? Biscuits, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 07:32 AM   #15
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
nah, i think i'll just have a beer please.
hurray for internet drama.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 08:11 AM   #16
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn@ke
To tell you the truth...those polls were really annoying to me, and those classic everyneurotic comments and "sarcastic everyneurotic polls" even more annoying, but fuck it! you don't need to leave the forum because of them, If you leave the forum you're an asshole.

fuck you asshole, i don't like you either
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:17 AM   #17
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Hunger
I’m leaving this forum now. Yesterday I posted a series of five polls about the relative merits of Sonic Youth albums. I got a series of “hilarious” sarcastic comments from EveryNeurotic and HaydenAsche, who seemed to take objection to a SY fan discussing aspects of the band’s music in this way.

EveryNeurotic had the dignity to later apologise.

Then HaydenAsche posted here:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1692
to call me an “Annoying little fucker.”

It was just five polls, for God’s sake! Hardly worth insulting someone over. Why not just read only the threads you find interesting?

Obviously, he feels threatened that his "private club" has been invaded in some way. New members are clearly not welcome. Hayden, if you were a real SY fan you might want to be a bit less elitist and childish about things. But I doubt you even like the music much.

So I’ll say bye now.

And thanks to everyone else, who seem like great people – good luck putting up with these idiotic schoolyard bullies.

I’m off to listen to some Sonic Youth.

Don't leave, Haydenasche just has a way of breaking in new people. If you survive it you come out a better person or something. It is sort of like going through boot camp and then coming out as part of the few, the proud, the incredibly brainwashed, the marines.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:21 AM   #18
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
HaydenAsche - forever burning a fire of slaps in the face and mischief.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:27 AM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
take into accounts something:

thurston hunger comes here, starts 3000 polls in one day, floods the damn board. and what are his polls about? pitting one sy album against the other, i find super stupid. what is this, reality tv? is this survivor or something? i found it really lame, and i made it well known by mocking the threads.

i'm all for discussing sy and sy album, but i mean a real intelligent discussion, not just click on a mouse like some kind of trained parrot.

i apologized to the dude, toughen up man and have some fun while you are here, even though most people seem to have lost their sense of humor here.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.10.2006, 09:29 AM   #20
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
where you goin? this is the only place online to commune with the worldwide sonic brotherhood. stay and talk to me about rock music.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth