Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do You Believe in Fate?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.31.2007, 07:20 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Im still unsure about it and i think about it a lot. Sometimes i think things happen because of fate but other times its just like would they have happened anyway?

what does everyone on here think? Id be helpful if people had some real life stories to back up their argument.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I do, definitely. There are points where I've made decisions that I know directly affected the way I met new people and discovered things and whatnot.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2007, 07:55 PM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
some things are more mathematically probable to happen than others and the general equation was laid down the instant everything came into being.

the larger patterns and ripples of interference in the universe are hard for us to detect.

I believe that our feelings of fate, coincidence and deja vu are all emotional interpretations our brains make of convergences in these patterns.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Jt
children of satan

Jt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard suckaJt cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
I do, definitely. There are points where I've made decisions that I know directly affected the way I met new people and discovered things and whatnot.

What bearing that has with regard to the argument concerning "fate" depends on whether you believe in free will, or predestination. Fate would suppose that from birth our choices are already made; our journey is already mapped out ahead of us. To be honest that makes me a little uncomfortable. I'd rather think that through my own free will I determine my future. Granted, my decisions have already made an incalcuble impact on my future - choosing which university to attend, which course to study and so on. However, I'd like to think that I wasn't predisposed to make those exact choices from the minute I was born. If that was the case, why live your life if only to fulfil someone else's agenda?
Old 03.31.2007, 10:52 PM   #5
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I primarily believe in the determinist theory. Not everything is mapped out from birth, but every event that happens to you directly affects your choices. This dismisses free will because whatever choice you make in a decision was already predetermined; although this is only predetermined as a result of past happenings.

So really, it is something that is predetermined, but somewhat based on what happens around you instead of something that happens at birth.
Old 03.31.2007, 10:57 PM   #6
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
That is what I agree with. With what Inhuman said ^^^
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
some things are more mathematically probable to happen than others and the general equation was laid down the instant everything came into being.

the larger patterns and ripples of interference in the universe are hard for us to detect.

I believe that our feelings of fate, coincidence and deja vu are all emotional interpretations our brains make of convergences in these patterns.

What he said.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2007, 10:58 AM   #8
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
my karma ran over my dog.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2007, 11:07 AM   #9
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Karma is also a full-length album released in 2001 by the Metal band Kamelot.

Ha.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2007, 11:42 AM   #10
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I think you'd be really good at this game called 'Absolute Balderdash'.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2007, 04:21 PM   #11
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
I think you'd be really good at this game called 'Absolute Balderdash'.

your worship is accepted.
Old 04.01.2007, 04:38 PM   #12
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Fate exists if you believe in it.
Old 04.01.2007, 04:43 PM   #13
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
your worship is accepted.

Does us being, uh, male or female make any difference to you?
Old 04.01.2007, 04:45 PM   #14
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
A dinosaur dies during a mass extinction event.
Its bones are covered by in mud, followed by layers and layers of sediment.
Forgotten for millions of years.
Then a paleontologist named Tod finds it.
The dinosaur is a huge discovery, Tod's dinosaur gets on the front of National Geographic.
Tod gets a lot of money in grants.
Tod spends that money on a hooker, who inturn spends it on heroin.
The heroin dealer happens to be dealing heroin grown in the middle east.
The money goes to warlords and terrorists.
Terrorists kill troops in Iraq.
Crazy christians decide to bomb and AIDS information place, because afterall Iraq is God's punishment for the growing homosexuality in the US.
Tod is in the AIDS info place.
He dies.

The things that happen in our lives is the result of many many forces that have roots that reach very deep into history. Events may take along time, but things have repercussions. So the things that have happened to us and the things that have happened to other people and the things that we've done all have repercussions in interesting ways. When we do something we're just a domino block being knocked over by another domino block behind us pushing over a domino block infront of us.

The events of tomorrow, and for the rest of eternity have already been set in motion.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2007, 04:54 PM   #15
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

and it's all becuz of them damn dinosaurs.
Old 04.01.2007, 06:27 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
Does us being, uh, male or female make any difference to you?

not so much.

sorry, I don't want to fuck you.

this thread is about Newtonian Physics.
Old 04.02.2007, 03:50 AM   #17
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
^ i go with that and i do believe in fate also. i like to think that things happen because of how we make things and also for some strange unexplainable reason. shit i read a book about palm reading so maybe i am into it more i think!

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 04.02.2007, 04:00 AM   #18
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:

That's pretty much how I feel. You can't prove anything happens for a reason anyway. Say you had an opportunity with two options you could choose, I think that either way, someone who believes in fate would still believe that they got something out of it. That's my two cents.
Old 04.02.2007, 04:03 AM   #19
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
no, i do not believe in fate
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 07:24 AM   #20
jon boy
invito al cielo

was it fate or was it luck? good for you though.

think i need some fate too.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth