Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page John Lennon's Last Words
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.10.2007, 02:00 PM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...ople-yoko-ono/

LONDON — John Lennon was shot and killed outside his New York City apartment after deciding he wanted to return home to see his son rather than go out for dinner, Yoko Ono said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

"We were returning from the studio, and I said: 'Should we go and have dinner before we go home?' and John was saying, 'No, lets go home because I want to see Sean before he goes to sleep.' And it was like he wasn't sure if we would get home before he (Sean) went to sleep and he was concerned about that."

Ono, 74, the wife of the late Beatle, made the comment on "Desert Island Discs," the British Broadcasting Corp. radio program that interviews famous people and plays their favorite songs.

She said Lennon uttered no dying words when he was shot and killed by deranged fan Mark Chapman outside their Dakota apartment building in Manhattan on Dec. 8, 1980.

Ono also said that when she became pregnant with Sean shortly after the couple reunited in 1975 following a two-year separation, she let Lennon decide whether she should have the baby or abort it.

"I thought that I should let John decide whether to keep it or not. We'd just got back together and I became pregnant very soon, and I didn't know if it was the right moment to have a child. I just didn't want to burden him with something he didn't want," Ono said.

The songs Ono played on Sunday's show included Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" (about Sean); "Liverpool Lou," which was written by Scaffold, a Liverpool group that included Paul McCartney's brother, and "Magic," a song composed by Sean.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 02:05 PM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
aww, thats sad.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 02:15 PM   #3
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I always thought his last words were actually 'Gimme more cookies' =/
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 02:17 PM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
His last known words. Didn't he say anything when he was killed? Maybe "no, I'm not impersonating you, I've always been John Lennon."
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 02:20 PM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
She said Lennon uttered no dying words when he was shot and killed by deranged fan Mark Chapman outside their Dakota apartment building in Manhattan on Dec. 8, 1980.

i am actually listening to the album he loved the most and left in his hotel room as a statement before killing Lennon, right now! and its fantastic!!!

Quote:
On the day he shot and killed John Lennon, Mark David Chapman left an eight-track tape of Rundgren's album The Ballad of Todd Rundgren, along with other artifacts, in his New York hotel room in an orderly semicircle on the hotel dresser. "I left it as a statement, I guess," he was quoted as saying in Let Me Take You Down: Inside the Mind of Mark David Chapman, the Man Who Killed John Lennon (Jack Jones, Villard Books, 1992). Chapman had been obsessed with Rundgren and told Jones, "Right between the chambers of your heart is how Rundgren's music is to me. I cannot overestimate the depth of what his music meant to me."
Old 06.10.2007, 02:24 PM   #6
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
His last known words. Didn't he say anything when he was killed? Maybe "no, I'm not impersonating you, I've always been John Lennon."

Apparently he didn't say anything. He just kind of turned around and got shot. Poor guy.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 02:25 PM   #7
screamingskull
invito al cielo

i think the beatles are more popular in america than in england, same goes for the stones and led zepelin too!
Old 06.10.2007, 02:30 PM   #8
screamingskull
invito al cielo

I miss George more

he was a lovely man.
Old 06.10.2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
I miss George more

he was a lovely man.

Yeah I liked and related more to George and his songs, but both deaths are equally as sadening.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 04:44 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
but what's the better soft drink

john lemon or mango star?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 04:50 PM   #11
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
"I am the walrus."
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2007, 07:50 PM   #12
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Hmmmm...

Here's a shot I took just the other day of the entrance to the Dakota where John was shot.

I went by it again today.

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2007, 09:12 AM   #13
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, he tried to say, "Oh, shit!" But never got the words out.
Old 06.11.2007, 09:46 AM   #14
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
http://ciakilledlennon.blogspot.com/
Q: WHO KILLED JOHN LENNON? A: THE CIA
(or perhaps some other elements of the U.S. permanent government)
Don’t believe it? Have a look at the evidence:

· Lennon’s murder was never investigated by any legal authority. Despite his lawyers’ urging him to plead insanity, Mark David Chapman refused and pled guilty to murder.
No trial, no investigation.

· The only person to seriously investigate Chapman was British writer Fenton Bresler, who reported his findings in Who Killed John Lennon? (1989, St Martin’s Press, now out of print). Bresler died in 2003.

· Chapman abhorred violence, according to family and friends interviewed by Bresler. He was not a fan of Lennon or the Beatles.

· While a teenager in Decatur, Georgia, Chapman did a lot of LSD, then found Jesus, and devoted his life to working with the YMCA, which, according to Philip Agee (CIA Diary, 1975), was prime recruiting grounds for CIA stations in Latin America. Chapman’s YMCA employment records are missing.

· In June 1975, Chapman volunteered to work in the YMCA office in Beirut, Lebanon, as the civil war erupted.

· Returning to the U.S., Chapman was sent to work with newly-resettled Vietnamese refugees (and CIA assets) in Fort Chaffee, Arkansas, run by World Vision, an evangelical organization accused of CIA collaboration in Honduras and El Salvador.

· No one who knew Chapman in Hawaii, in the period before he killed Lennon, considered him psychotic, including mental health clinicians who were treating him for depression at a public clinic.

· Chapman would have been the ideal “programmed assassin”. Did the CIA have this capacity? If not, it was not for want of trying, as shown by former State Department officer John Marks in The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: the CIA and Mind Control (Norton, 1979).

THE CIA KILLED LENNON? COME ON! WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE MOTIVE?

In his book, Bresler only asserts that it was Lennon's likely re-entry into political life in general -- he was about to win U.S. citizenship -- that motivated his assassination by some agency of our government. But after a decade of Central America solidarity work I am absolutely convinced that Lennon was a victim of the U.S. government's counter-revolutionary war in Central America. Remember: Lennon died six days after four U.S. churchwomen were raped and murdered by the U.S.-supported Salvadoran military (nuns Maura Clarke, Ita ford, and Dorothy Kazel, and lay worker Jean Donovan). The mass murder by the military and their allied death squads in El Salvador was just at its exponential upstroke, and the contra war in Nicaragua was just being launched. Reagan had just won the election, not yet taken office, and his "transition team" was at the helm. There can be no doubt that a major item (probably the major item) on their agenda was their war in Central America, and thus there had to be some consideration paid to the management of the domestic opposition, which was already active and getting stronger: after all, they must have foreseen that they were about to massacre several hundred thousand people in our own "backyard" and there would be a predictable resistance (and as is now public knowledge, the Reagan Administration was to infiltrate and subvert CISPES and other solidarity organizations). Lennon would have been seen as the individual with the greatest power - and perhaps, greatest inclination - to galvanize the popular movement (imagine - more to the point, imagine these creeps imagining -what the demonstrations might have looked like had Citizen Lennon helped to popularize the cause). It doesn't even matter whether or not Lennon had any intention of getting involved at the time of his murder; it was only necessary that the Forces of Darkness felt it was possible Lennon might take up the cause. Why not? If they did it right, Chapman himself would never realize he was being manipulated, so what did they have to lose?

So it’s my contention that the bad guys got away with it, free and clear, and I’d like to see that corrected, if nowhere else then in the popular imagination. Even if there’s not going to be justice, at least it might be possible to put the notion that some agency of our government was responsible for John Lennon’s death on a comparable footing to that of the JFK matter…
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2007, 01:05 PM   #15
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
John Lennons last words...

"thats not a real gun"
Old 06.11.2007, 06:19 PM   #16
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Happiness isn't a warm gun.

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth