Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ressurrecting Aeris In Final Fantasy Vii
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2006, 01:52 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE "bREATHE UNDERWATER" MATERIA BY BEATING THE ENTIRE GAME WITHOUT GETTING HIT AND USING ONLY LIMIT BREAKS AND NOW I CAN PLAY DISC 1 UNTIL THE END WITH AERIS. I GOT HER BACK!!!!!!!1

Uh..

Anyway, I'm playing through FFVII. First time ever. Has nothing to do with that dumb movie that came out. I've had it for a while, just never got around to playing it.

Halfway through disc 2 / 32 hours in. Fucking awesome game.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 10:23 AM   #2
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
what dumb movie? spirits within or advent children?

wait until you get to disk 3. it gets awesomerer.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 12:04 PM   #3
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Love that game. I had around 60 hours put into it.
You should breed Chocobos and try and get the gold one. Then you can get the Knights of the Round Table materia, which is the best in the game.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 12:42 PM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Man, since this post, I've played thread every Final Fantasy game except II (couldnt' finish it), VIII (hated it), and 11 (it's online). And man... 5, 6, 7, and 9 are unbeatable!

Old 05.11.2009, 12:53 PM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
the only one I played was VII on playstation, 11 years ago.

I got all the way to the final battle and it went like this:

SEPHIROTH casts LOLSUPERNOVA.
pew pew
pew pew
miss

...you die.

fuck that shit. supernova my ass.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 12:56 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I often quit at last-bosses in games if they're too powerful. I found Sephiroth kinda easy, mainly because I didn't use an accessory for the entire game for some reason and to compensate I leveled up a shitload. I equiped accessories, ribbons and shit, and was like level 80 and i kicked his ass.

Old 05.11.2009, 01:04 PM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, I think I might have gone through it too fast.

I can't stand grinding for levels in those types of games though (turn by turn japanese rpg style).

at the moment, I'm completely failing to find a video game that interests me that's on either mac or 360. this represents a new low in my life. I'm contemplating seppuku.
Old 05.11.2009, 01:16 PM   #8
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite game ever.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 01:17 PM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I often quit at last-bosses in games if they're too powerful. I found Sephiroth kinda easy, mainly because I didn't use an accessory for the entire game for some reason and to compensate I leveled up a shitload. I equiped accessories, ribbons and shit, and was like level 80 and i kicked his ass.

get to level 99, I hear Seph is pretty much a god at that level.
Old 05.11.2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
FF8 wasn't that bad. I really liked it, actually.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 04:42 PM   #11
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yeah, I think I might have gone through it too fast.

I can't stand grinding for levels in those types of games though (turn by turn japanese rpg style).

at the moment, I'm completely failing to find a video game that interests me that's on either mac or 360. this represents a new low in my life. I'm contemplating seppuku.

try fallout 3 if you haven't already
i just started it for ps3 and its pretty "ace" as they say in these parts
Old 05.11.2009, 04:44 PM   #12
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
the only one I played was VII on playstation, 11 years ago.

I got all the way to the final battle and it went like this:

pew pew
pew pew
miss

...you die.

fuck that shit. supernova my ass.

i remember that shit. it was lunch time and i was still in high school and i managed to beat the fucker but also miss my first two afternoon classes.
Old 05.11.2009, 04:46 PM   #13
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
it would of been really cool if sephiroth was as hard as the weapons. especially emerald weapon

my cousin and i spent so much time trying to beat that motherfucker
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 05:46 PM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
try fallout 3 if you haven't already
i just started it for ps3 and its pretty "ace" as they say in these parts
my problem at the moment with fallout 3 is that it's too easy.

with my perks and a Chinese AK, I'm almost guaranteed a head shot. add on a high sneak score and I'm getting crits.
Old 05.11.2009, 10:15 PM   #15
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

Quote:
my problem at the moment with fallout 3 is that it's too easy.

with my perks and a Chinese AK, I'm almost guaranteed a head shot. add on a high sneak score and I'm getting crits.

word...im about level 5 or 6 and still kinda getting whooped by super mutants...all in good fun though
Old 05.11.2009, 10:21 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

yeah....super mutants were scary until I started peelin' caps.

without the right perks, you can miss a lot (even in stop-time-mode).

but with the right amount of +hit and [Bloody Mess], it's really too easy to fuck shit up.

I've read a review where the author decided to be a melee-specced drunkard (booze gives you melee +damage), who was evil. evidently, if you blow up megaton, you get set up in a fancy apartment.

unfortunately, I'm too fucking nice (even in video games) to get any such benefit. I just mega-manage my shit (in the most efficient way) to the point where it gets boring as hell (see World of Warcraft).

I really need to invest more into being evil.
Old 05.11.2009, 11:02 PM   #17
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
FF8 wasn't that bad. I really liked it, actually.

ACtually....that's my next favorite one (post PS1 FF's)
Old 05.11.2009, 11:04 PM   #18
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
it would of been really cool if sephiroth was as hard as the weapons. especially emerald weapon

my cousin and i spent so much time trying to beat that motherfucker

AHEM! (please refer to my previous post if you want Sephiroth to be a challenge)
Old 05.11.2009, 11:18 PM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

what part about LOLSUPANOVER isn't a challenge???!!
Old 05.11.2009, 11:21 PM   #20
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
what part about LOLSUPANOVER isn't a challenge???!!

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

what part of it is?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth