Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page apparently it is now illegal to wear headphones while crossing a crosswalk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2008, 10:02 AM   #1
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
so appratnly as of last month in israel you can get fined 100 NIS for wearing to earphones while crossing the street. they claim that music makes you distracted. this is the most bullshit law i have heard.
im am starting to get really paranoid living here at times. this kind of stff scares the shit out of me.
this is like the town in footloose.

i just know that im going to be caught and ther is not fucking way that im taking a ticket for my basic human right.
how jail time does one get for tearing up a ticket in front of an officer?

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 10:08 AM   #2
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Waw, that sucks. The fuck is that this thing is really happening everywhere in the world, we have less and less liberties. In France, you can't stand without moving in a subway station, cause that's illegal. Also when the president came to Lille it was illegal to walk with more than two friends together, or they would think you wanted to begin a riot.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 10:10 AM   #3
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Good. It's about time. If it takes laws to make people less oblivious to their surroundings and other people, so be it.

I would be totally in favor of such laws here in the states. I can't tell you how many times people have almost walked right into me because they're distracted on their fucking cell phones or "deaf" to what's going on around them because they have their earbuds in.
Old 04.10.2008, 10:15 AM   #4
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i really hope that you are joking

Old 04.10.2008, 10:42 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it happens in downtown houston all the time. people get hit because thy ahev ipod headphones on or cell phone bluetooth opn and they are not paying any fucking attention where they are going.

I want to carry a pellet gun and shoot them in the groin

I don;t know if a law like that is enforcable but in israel you deal with a LOT of insane fucking laws man.
Old 04.10.2008, 10:51 AM   #6
fugazifan
invito al cielo

yeah, theres a new one that is trying to be passed where the internet providers automaticly filter your websites, and if you dont want them to, then you have to request that they dont. im guessing all those who dont want internet censorship will be then put on a list and E T C
shits scary. after hearing about those two laws i think i decided that im moving to canada after my degree

Old 04.10.2008, 11:06 AM   #7
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Good. It's about time. If it takes laws to make people less oblivious to their surroundings and other people, so be it.

I would be totally in favor of such laws here in the states. I can't tell you how many times people have almost walked right into me because they're distracted on their fucking cell phones or "deaf" to what's going on around them because they have their earbuds in.

You may get your wish - there was talk of enacting similar laws in NYC. I say let Darwin sort em out. No need for the government to be poking more into our lives.

Now talking on the cell phone in a place I can't get away from - that should be illegal. Nothing I hate worse than some yenta sitting next to me on the bus and blabbing away to pass the time. My cell phone calls on the bus are: "I'm on the bus, what's up? - okay cool, meet you @ blah blah blah - call you back in a couple of minutes - bye."

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 12:10 PM   #8
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha! too right. stupid people walking straight out infront of my car when im driving. despite the fact that they are totally obvlivious to reality, coccooned in their own self fulfilled world of ipodness and music, unaware or too lazy to check for motorists who carefully use the roads, they step out and BLAMMO! they are hit, and who is to blame.... the motorist because the pedestrian always has the right of way!!!!!!!

more laws like that please like make it illegal to not hold your childs hand when crossing the road, make it illegal to be fucking stupid around roads full stop!

rant over!
Old 04.10.2008, 12:12 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
so appratnly as of last month in israel you can get fined 100 NIS for wearing to earphones while crossing the street. they claim that music makes you distracted.

good. some fucking morons walk like in outer space with headphones on. you don't need any more dead israelis do you?

the ones who should be shot in the ass are the ones talking on the phone while driving. fucking morons.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 12:15 PM   #10
fugazifan
invito al cielo

i just cant see the wisdom in legilating against being a moron. people will walk in front of cars no matter what. and if there is anything i need less of its stupid laws that make the civilians seem less and less in control of our daily lives.

Old 04.10.2008, 12:20 PM   #11
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i really hope that you are joking

Not at all. I'm tired of fucking idiots not watching where they're going or paying attention to their surroundings. It's unsafe and discourteous.

No, I am not kidding at all. If it takes laws to make people behave like they have some common sense in their heads, I'm all for it.
Old 04.10.2008, 12:23 PM   #12
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
You may get your wish - there was talk of enacting similar laws in NYC. I say let Darwin sort em out. No need for the government to be poking more into our lives.

Now talking on the cell phone in a place I can't get away from - that should be illegal. Nothing I hate worse than some yenta sitting next to me on the bus and blabbing away to pass the time. My cell phone calls on the bus are: "I'm on the bus, what's up? - okay cool, meet you @ blah blah blah - call you back in a couple of minutes - bye."

Well, I would agree with you, if I thought that Darwinism-like selection were in my favor in this instance. It's not. They're more a danger to me than themselves. Just like the drunk driver, they usually are unscathed. But they cause accidents that harm others, if not themselves. For example, if I have to suddenly brake in my car because some yo-yo darts out against the light and doesn't know I'm there because he or she is gabbing away on the phone or plugged into their little music world, I might get rear-ended by the car behind me that can't stop in time--or who knows how else mess up the traffic around me.
Old 04.10.2008, 12:25 PM   #13
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
i just cant see the wisdom in legilating against being a moron. people will walk in front of cars no matter what. and if there is anything i need less of its stupid laws that make the civilians seem less and less in control of our daily lives.

As I see it, the legislation isn't so much for the protection of that individual who chooses to wear earbuds in the crosswalk. It's for the protection of the people around him. See my other posts.
Old 04.10.2008, 12:26 PM   #14
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
good. some fucking morons walk like in outer space with headphones on. you don't need any more dead israelis do you?

First off... HA HA!!! A big rep to you, if I could!

Quote:
the ones who should be shot in the ass are the ones talking on the phone while driving. fucking morons.

Second off... word. Word. Word, fucking word! So true.
Old 04.10.2008, 12:33 PM   #15
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
lol.

stupid idiotas.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 12:35 PM   #16
fugazifan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
As I see it, the legislation isn't so much for the protection of that individual who chooses to wear earbuds in the crosswalk. It's for the protection of the people around him. See my other posts.
1st of all this law clearly states that it is for the protection of the pedestrian not the driver. and it seems silly to legislate a law to make sure people dont dart in front of cars and to blame it on the music. how much of a problem are these music listeners on our streets? i have yet to see them. im sure that a lot more kids cause accidents by having their ball roll into the street and they dart after it. should playing with balls be illegal, or should people just be taught common sense?

Old 04.10.2008, 12:47 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

well, as a civilian who occasionally finds himself behind the wheels of a large automobile (sorry, talking heads quote, my car is actually small) i find that i have LESS control of my daily life when some titbrains walks in front of my car without noticing where the fuck he's going. not only will i have to scrape his brains off my windshield but no matter what he'll make my insurance go up, and his idiot family will want me to pay them for life. fuck that shit. get the morons off the road.

just the other day i saw this stupid motherfucking bicyclist riding on a main thoroughfare with a cellphone in his hand. then there was another doing the "look ma, no hands" bit-- then a car turned in front of him. you know, i ride a bike, and fuck if im gonna be stupid enough to let go off my handlebars in traffic.
same thing with idiot drivers wearing their ipods. same thing with idiots who don't get a basic IQ test in oder to drive.

anyway. maybe they shouldn't make it illegal to cross the streets wearing headphones. but then they should pass a law so that if you hit a moron who's wearing headphones his family has to buy you a brand new car and pay you millions of dollars for the rest of your life so that you can cope with your trauma.
Old 04.10.2008, 12:50 PM   #18
fugazifan
invito al cielo

that law i agree with :-)

Old 04.10.2008, 12:51 PM   #19
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
1st of all this law clearly states that it is for the protection of the pedestrian not the driver. and it seems silly to legislate a law to make sure people dont dart in front of cars and to blame it on the music. how much of a problem are these music listeners on our streets? i have yet to see them. im sure that a lot more kids cause accidents by having their ball roll into the street and they dart after it. should playing with balls be illegal, or should people just be taught common sense?

Well, then, it seems even more well-intended. What's wrong with helping citizens protect themselves from themselves? "Hey, stupid, don't do that. You might die." If someone protected me against some death-inviting activity, even if it meant barring me from doing it, I would thank them.

As for actually seeing this happen, maybe you haven't, but I have. But then I've mostly lived in college towns where there tend to be a lot of kids with earbuds and on phones in busy downtowns, etc. But believe me, I've seen this happen plenty, and I would venture to say, based on what I've seen, that it's a bit of a problem.
Old 04.10.2008, 12:54 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

honestly, thinking about it, i don't think they're gonna enforce that law, just putting it in the books so that when someone hits a headphone-clad jaywalker (that's the american term for someone wandering randomly in traffic), then it's their fault not the driver's. really they can't be checking everyone's ears-- earbuds in the corpse sounds more like what they're after.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth