Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Excellently Stupid Movies...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2009, 04:20 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I got home this morning at 7 a.m. after an all night drinking bender, and not in the mood to go to sleep, decided to put on a DVD. All my dvd's I've seen way to many times and it was a bitch to decide what to actually watch. I then stumbled upon Stephen King's "It", which scared me shitless when i was 12 or so, so I popped it in.

I absolutely loved this movie, and not for any normal reasons. The horror part of the movie is absolutely NOT SCARY and makes no sense whatsoever. But what really struck me about the movie is the story of these friends, all bonded by this one traumatizing event. All the actors, the kids and the adults, had amazing chemistry together and really reminded me of some of my friendships from when I was a kid. You know, everyone has a couple or so friends they've known since they were young and really would do anything for, this movie reminded of that kind of friendship. So, fucked up as this may sound, this movie actually made me feel kind of good. It's like the big chill (another film about old friends bonded through tragedy) but without the lameness and with a cool soundtrack and minus two of the most annoying actors of all time, Kevin Kline and Glenn Close.

Sp, basically the point of this post is, films you know on a technical and cinematic level are piss poor, but for some personal reasons you still love.

On that note, time to pass the fuck out,

You have know idea how long it took my stupid drunkes ass to type this out.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
King Kong (The 1976 Remake):
This movie is so god-awful but at least it never gets boring. Excellent trash values there!

Cat People (The 1982 Remake):
One of the most ridiculous plots ever, but worth watching due gratuitous female nudity, the excellent synth score and Malcom Macdowell as the cliché creep brother.

The Faculty (1998):
Basically a The Thing and Body-Snatchers ripoff, but somehow the pacing and the not so serious innuendos make it a surprise hit.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 05:00 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
all ed wood films
almost all john waters films
all giuseppe andrews films
bride of frank
fatty drives the bus
maniac nurses find ecstacy
slime city
reflections of evil
kamillions
evil ed
children shouldn't play with dead things
invasion of the blood farmers
bloody birthday
bloodrage
boogeyman 2
leonard part 6
deadtime stories
don't open till christmas
i was a teenage zombie
hell comes to frogtown
galaxy invader
welcome to spring break
necropolis
spookies
night of the zombies
psycho cop 2
invisible maniac
dark backward
don't go in the house
wild zero
uzumaki
hollywood chainsaw hookers
crazy lips
splatter: naked blood
deadly outlaw reekah
survey map of a paradise lost

I dunno, there's a shitload....

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 05:34 PM   #4
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Dude, Where's My Car?
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 05:35 PM   #5
sarramkrop

monster in law
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 05:40 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The ultimate stupid movie is definitely ROCK N ROLL NIGHTMARE. It stars THOR (if anyone knows who that is...) and he is in a haunted demon house, being attacked by the worst looking puppets ever. At the end, he wears a leather spiked thong, fuck-me boots, and has a bunch of makeup on while Satan throws playdough starfish at him and then they spin around a room for about 10 minutes while heavy metal plays. the first 5 minutes of the film is a van driving down a road from different angles. It's amazing! One of my favs.

Old 01.18.2009, 05:59 PM   #7
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses

the look of old grimey DC in the 80s, the Florida Ave grill and check this cast

Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification

Max Gail ... Harold
Adam Baldwin ... Albert Hockenberry
Mr. T ... Samson
Charlie Barnett ... Tyrone
Gary Busey ... Dell
Gloria Gifford ... Miss Floyd
Marsha Warfield ... Ophelia
Bill Maher ... Bob
DeWayne Jessie ... Bongo
Paul Rodriguez ... Xavier
Whitman Mayo ... Mr. Rhythm

this is gold, who needs a plot, this movie sure didn't
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 06:50 PM   #8
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
he means this

And Irene Cara did the theme song. There is no way this movie loses.
Old 01.18.2009, 06:59 PM   #9
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, here's one for you - "The Beast In Heat" (1977, dir. Luigi Batzella). This little gem found it's was onto the infamous UK DPP "Banned" list in the very early 80's. Actually a very boring Italian war film (the sort where the partisans spend more time smoking fags and looking ugly than actually doing anything), but immensely enlivened by the scenes of evil Nazi hot Frauleins, and "the Beast" himself, in scenes that pretty much go right off the sleaze scale. A very guilty pleasure of mine, and one which brings back quite a few memories...

Old 01.19.2009, 03:03 AM   #10
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
tremors
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 03:18 AM   #11
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Inb4 plan 9
Old 01.19.2009, 06:50 AM   #12
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Hercules vs. the Moon Men
The Stuff
They Live

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 10:29 AM   #13
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Ah, here's one for you - "The Beast In Heat" (1977, dir. Luigi Batzella). This little gem found it's was onto the infamous UK DPP "Banned" list in the very early 80's. Actually a very boring Italian war film (the sort where the partisans spend more time smoking fags and looking ugly than actually doing anything), but immensely enlivened by the scenes of evil Nazi hot Frauleins, and "the Beast" himself, in scenes that pretty much go right off the sleaze scale. A very guilty pleasure of mine, and one which brings back quite a few memories...

Please tell me you have this, if only so I can watch it. (The bits with the 'evil Nazi hot Frauleins' anyway.)

Other so bad they're awesome movies:

Swept Away
(A muscled up Madonna on a deserted island being a muscled up Madonna, shocker.)

Body of Evidence (Madonna again, this time playing Madonna, playing Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, without the sex appeal)

Who's That Girl?
(Madge once more, this time playing a kind of Betty Poop-esque jailbird, without the depth of the cartoon character)

Shanghai Surprise
(Mrs Penn has a go at playing a missionary. Nuff said.)

Next Big Thing (Maddie and Rupert Everett compete in the 'who's more wooden' olympics - disguised as a metro-sexual rom-com.)

Evita (The Material Girl plays Eva Peron and gets to crucify half a dozen Andrew Lloyd Webber songs in front of a bemused Antonio Banderas.)

Dick Tracy (Madonna has problems convincing the world that she's actually Jean Harlow.)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 10:55 AM   #14
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
demonrail666 - I do still possess "The Beast In Heat", so I guess it's your lucky day
Old 01.19.2009, 11:18 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I match the DC CAB and THEY LIVE mentions

and raise you HUDSON HAWK
Old 01.19.2009, 11:26 AM   #16
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The Omega Man!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 11:30 AM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The OMEGA CODE!!!!
Old 01.19.2009, 11:54 AM   #18
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and raise you HUDSON HAWK

I was about to post that, but then I thought "Actually it's pretty clever rather than straight stupid".
but I see what you mean.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 12:18 PM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, Hudson Hawk is brilliant.

Old 01.19.2009, 01:55 PM   #20
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I remember IT being one of the first horror films i saw and it mentally scarred me for next couple of years but when i watched it again not so long ago I was pretty appalled by it's shitness.

Airplane still makes me laugh
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth