Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new CHOCOLATE MONK - andrew coltrane, C Spencer Yeh etc
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.11.2009, 04:57 AM   #1
dylan_nyoukis
little trouble girl

dylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's asses
Hola

some new Chocolate Monk release to get yr ears round.. audio clips to be found HERE

thanking you.
x
dylan

Andrew Coltrane – Midnight Winds cd-r

More zoned out murk to come crawling out of a Michighan basement. Hermitage Tapes honcho Coltrane delivers up a mix of organic strung out drones and sweet crud-fi tape pieces, all bound by pipe hits and pure of soul lurch. While some gonks might try and sell you on the 'bleakness' of his work, this baby starts off with a 14 minute brain massaging, drool soaked, mould raga, that had all at Nyoukis lodge visaging glorious globes of nature descending from the ceiling. And he keeps his brain in the drain for the entire ride.. Need a lift?

Manpack Variant – Put It In cd-r

I know you kids are down with the importance of cleansing ones pallet, so at this time of year when your head is recovering from all the Festivus festering I'd like to point you in the direction of the all new release from Manpack Variant, the drunken toddler child of one Jaime Fennely (Peesseye, pee in my face with surgery, Phantom Limb & Bison) and some slackjaw called Chris Peck. A true dip into the slimey-yet-wonderous tank of "Man, I'd love to see the movie that was meant to be the soundtrack for." Enginered by audio wizard and Sun City 'resident' Scott Colburn. Now take your instruments and your chorus and stick them where the light don't bite, baby.

Part Wild Horses mane On Both Sides – Anus Carved In Wood cd-r

More musty low-brow improvisation from the man/woman duo of Pascal Nichols and Kelly Jones. Leading you deep into the undergrowth with primitive movements and avant head storm. Come follow a percussion, feedback, flute & loop march that guides you right over to that lonely and malformed tree in your mind, all the while distracting your gaze from Pascals limp with the fluttering of sound grapes, then stuffing dank cotton in your earholes. Yep, come taste from the cracked wooden spoon, goon.

Chora – From The Shape And Contents Of A Sheeps Stomach cd-r

Unveil the long pipes, shrouded in cloud comes this monster of a disarranging dripper. I am truly all over the shop with this fucker, hear a totally different disk everytime I spin it. So from my yellowed note book I give you ...gamelan in the spit ward.. an unearthed organist... tape loops chiseled from stone... an ale soaked amulet... the warm howling of the deaf... radio broadcast of early torture devices made from seashell... the hydrophonic tongue. But forget my rambling, dear reader, just come smell the warm confusion of these amazing young South Yorkshire cavemen for yrself.

C Spencer Yeh - The Strangler cd-r

"Spencer is one wanted cowboy, so he makes more records than most have nosehairs. And many are droney records, which as all record nerds secretly know, are about as tough to lay hands on as your own boogers. But whenever he slides off into the uncharted desert like this, it's worth extra attention. Carefully sculpted audio ping pong games are played with scatological rasberry sounds. Toilets flush, wind whistles, straw bubbles spew, Donald Duck talks to you on a fritzed cb radio, and bits of a strangled laugh track flop like dead fish. Go further into the dunes, and skeletal, all-thumbs acoustic guitar licks start to be circled by esophageal vultures who attack the spiney dead. Yessir, let's get lost." - Angela Sawyer, Weirdo Records

Ki – Ki No Sei cd-r

Heavy head scratch trio of Fritz Welch (Peeesseye, PIMFWS etc), Michiko (No Neck Blues Band) & master of the high-end forlorn freedom wail Shiraishi Tamio (Fushitsusha, Tako etc). Two performances recorded live at Issue Project Room in New York, which will have your ears and brain matter scuttling all over the place. A mystical dust of sax, piano, vocals, gongs, clangor, and many unknown vapours. I challenge you to keep a hold of these antlers, weakling.

"KI (pronounced "key") is a Japanese word with many homonyms, such as tree, mind, gas, opportunity, period, etc. it is also a ripping new trio featuring Michiko, Tamio Shiraishi and Fritz Welch." - Evolving Ear

>>>PLUS<<<
Dylan Nyoukis - 'Inside Wino Lodge' LP

The all new solo LP on No Fun, BUT this is an edition of 60 which come with the 'Carrion Hut' CDr, just under 40 minutes of vocal & tape experiments etc. Numbered and signed, for the geeks.
http://www.chocolatemonk.co.uk/non_monk.htm

>>>AND<<<
blood stereo pages updated at the site andkeep checking the blog.

chocolate monk

XX
dylan
dylan_nyoukis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 04:59 AM   #2
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Some pretty cool stuff there...

I saw Chora play as Ben nash's backing band a couple of weeks ago, and they were brilliant - I may well put that on my shopping list. The Part Wild Horses will probably go on there too.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth