Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Help me pick out a new phone
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.27.2010, 11:31 PM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I have grown tired of the old non-QWERTY, no web access flip phone I've been using for the past 4 years and think it's finally time to upgrade. My carrier is Sprint, and I've narrowed it down to two choices, both by LG:

Lotus Elite: I like the flip phone style of this one, plus it's got a camera and GPS, things I've wanted for a while. I also like that it comes in red. It's got web/email access and that could definitely come in handy. However, some of the user reviews say the paint chips off the keyboard in less than a year...I text much more than I call (I only call people if I really have to talk to them), so that could be a problem.

Optimus S: This one's mainly touchscreen, and can be had free online only with a new plan until December 5th. I probably won't be able to take advantage of that particular offer, but it's not much for a smartphone anyway. In addition to the features of the Lotus Elite, it's also got Android apps and a built in MP3 player, which is nice because I'm probably the only member of my generation without an MP3 player of some kind (I've been caught up in the whole "tangible product" snobbery). It only comes in charcoal and purple, though, and I'm not sure how down I am with a virtual QWERTY.

What do you guys think?
Old 11.27.2010, 11:35 PM   #2
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:V...sICGly0MLw&t=1

you'll be the talk of the town.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 12:00 AM   #3
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I have grown tired of the old non-QWERTY, no web access flip phone I've been using for the past 4 years and think it's finally time to upgrade. My carrier is Sprint, and I've narrowed it down to two choices, both by LG:

Lotus Elite: I like the flip phone style of this one, plus it's got a camera and GPS, things I've wanted for a while. I also like that it comes in red. It's got web/email access and that could definitely come in handy. However, some of the user reviews say the paint chips off the keyboard in less than a year...I text much more than I call (I only call people if I really have to talk to them), so that could be a problem.

Optimus S: This one's mainly touchscreen, and can be had free online only with a new plan until December 5th. I probably won't be able to take advantage of that particular offer, but it's not much for a smartphone anyway. In addition to the features of the Lotus Elite, it's also got Android apps and a built in MP3 player, which is nice because I'm probably the only member of my generation without an MP3 player of some kind (I've been caught up in the whole "tangible product" snobbery). It only comes in charcoal and purple, though, and I'm not sure how down I am with a virtual QWERTY.

What do you guys think?

I say go with the Lotus. For me, a mainly touchscreen phone is too fucking difficult. ESPECIALLY a virtual QWERTY.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 12:16 PM   #4
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ I find it okay if the screen is big enough to have big enough buttons fofr a qwerty. but anyway. I just broke my phone screen last night as I was getting home. sucks....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 01:10 PM   #5
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy

Won't work--its analog.

I like my android phone.
Old 11.28.2010, 04:39 PM   #6
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
brun al fons

DED ALS.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 07:19 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 07:24 PM   #8
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
I'd love a keyboard that big on my phone. And a printer.

Old 11.28.2010, 07:36 PM   #9
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
LG phones aren't that reliable but they have good cameras. If you want a decent mp3/camera go for a sony one instead.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 07:51 PM   #10
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

My Palm Pre is wonderful for mp3s with a lot of space for tunes. I seriously, wouldn't trade this phone for any other. I even upgraded and then downgraded. I was disappointed with my HTC Diamond.

Old 11.28.2010, 08:00 PM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
my w995 is so sexy, whenever I make a call a stranger falls in love with me.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2010, 08:22 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"get a pager "

Old 11.28.2010, 08:46 PM   #13
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I've kind of wanted to try the sony xperia, but I odn't wwant to pay over 200 bucks(and 200 bucks is pushing it) for a new phone.

Old 11.28.2010, 08:47 PM   #14
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

but now I want one of these

Old 11.29.2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
as i just got a tasty £220 tax refund from the government i'm definitely trying to break the personal rule that i must always carry an exclusively shit phone. thinking about getting an iphone- too indie? discuss

PS i currently roll with this alcatel 708 banger:

Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2010, 03:50 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Steve called back, he said fuck it, go classic:

Old 11.29.2010, 04:23 PM   #17
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
thinking about getting an iphone- too indie? discuss

yes and no.

but seriously. I bought the 3g when the 3gs came out for 100 bucks. and I like it a lot. Very easy to use and ends up being really useful in occasions when you wouldn't think so.

Im' due for an upgrade in January and I'm thinking aboot the Iphon4 or that psp phone....
Old 11.29.2010, 05:48 PM   #18
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
yes and no.

but seriously. I bought the 3g when the 3gs came out for 100 bucks. and I like it a lot. Very easy to use and ends up being really useful in occasions when you wouldn't think so.

Im' due for an upgrade in January and I'm thinking aboot the Iphon4 or that psp phone....

everyone i know has either an iphone or a blackberry so i know i'll upgrade to either one of those. iphone 4 can be got for about 25/month so i'm keen on that.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2010, 06:18 PM   #19
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuchFriendsAreDangerous again.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2010, 06:41 PM   #20
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Mark Ruffalo 'added to terrorism watchlist' over Gasland

Actor reportedly put on US advisory list after organising screenings of documentary criticising natural gas drilling

Ruffalo attracted the attention of Pennsylvania's Office of Homeland Security when he organised screenings for Gasland, which won the special jury prize at this year's Sundance film festival, and said he was concerned about the impact of drilling on water supplies. The actor has addressed the subject in the latest edition of American GQ.
Gasland, directed by Josh Fox, follows the film-maker as he visits communities in Pennsylvania where natural gas has been drilled. Fox decided to document his trip after a natural gas company wrote to him in 2008 offering to lease his family's land in Milanville, Pennsylvania for $100,000 (£64,000).
The documentary attracted attention for a particular scene in which a local man shows that he is able to set his tapwater on fire (see 2.25 of video, above). Others claim they are suffering from numerous health issues due – they believe – to their water having been contaminated.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth