Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page A message to the users who live in California
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
How're you coping with the torrential rain, and how has it effected your xmas plans?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses

Literally across the street from my neighborhood. There are cars sticking out of the ground, the engines lodged vertically in the dried mud. A bridge went out, and someone drowned. I want to go back north...
Old 12.24.2010, 04:02 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
How're you coping with the torrential rain, and how has it effected your xmas plans?

honestly, most angelinos didn't even notice! Even sunday on the light rails, after it having rained consecutively without pause since thursday many people were not dressed for the extreme weather, a lot of folks were in shorts, had not rain jackets, were wearing open toed shoes and even flip flops on the train! These were not folks who could hide in their car pretending it might not break down and have them stranded, but folks who like me use the buses and rails to get around, who were out on their feet in the elements without a forethought about the rain! Angelinos, we aren't necessarily bright about the rain..

by the way, it was indeed a trip, I haven't seen it rain so consistently since 1995 when we were literally swimming on the streets.

All things considering it was not that bad a series of storms, it didn't do half the damage the floods this past February did, and it wasn't anywhere near as harmful or caused as much loss of life as the winter storms that hit the mid-west and north east last month which killed over 16 people. Essentially, this storm got a lot of hype cuz its los angeles and honestly it doesn't rain that much so people across the country tend to take over-emphasized notice. We got about half a year's worth of rain in seven days, I must admit that is kinda impressive.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2010, 01:58 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
honestly, most angelinos didn't even notice!

see, no one even noticed this thread

Old 12.27.2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck man. I did. 100 of my neighbors got evacuated. There are prison-laborers digging up houses and cars out of the mud literally 200 yards from where I sleep.
Old 12.29.2010, 08:20 AM   #6
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Are you two the only users that live in LA? I thought there was more, unless they drowned!
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2010, 04:57 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Are you two the only users that live in LA? I thought there was more, unless they drowned!
there are dozens of Angelinos here on SYG, but again, most of us here don't hardly notice rain in any significant or impacting way.. besides, the damage was primarily in Laguna (the OC) and Highland (San Bernardino) which aren't really even in or that connected to LA in the first place.. crossing into the OC or San Bernardino is almost like entering a foreign country compared to LA, one side is behind the arch-conservative Orange Curtain, and the other is caught up in the racist backwoods (where there are as many racists/neo-nazis/KKK per capita as in many places in the more redneck areas of the South)

Old 12.29.2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
there are dozens of Angelinos here on SYG, but again, most of us here don't hardly notice rain in any significant or impacting way.. besides, the damage was primarily in Laguna (the OC) and Highland (San Bernardino) which aren't really even in or that connected to LA in the first place.. crossing into the OC or San Bernardino is almost like entering a foreign country compared to LA, one side is behind the arch-conservative Orange Curtain, and the other is caught up in the racist backwoods (where there are as many racists/neo-nazis/KKK per capita as in many places in the more redneck areas of the South)
Precisely where I live, when I am down visiting from school
Old 12.29.2010, 05:33 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Precisely where I live, when I am down visiting from school

then you know exactly what I am talking about

Old 12.29.2010, 06:00 PM   #10
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
What rain? it emptied Disneyland.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2010, 06:39 PM   #11
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
then you know exactly what I am talking about
Totally. San Bernardino is a pretty shitty place. I come back to find a huge black tar problem with my friends. Basically heroin gangs disseminating tar to the rogue junkies, and yet the whole place is conservative, mormon ran....
Old 12.29.2010, 06:42 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Totally. San Bernardino is a pretty shitty place. I come back to find a huge black tar problem with my friends. Basically heroin gangs disseminating tar to the rogue junkies, and yet the whole place is conservative, mormon ran....

heroin is actually replacing meth for the Inland Empire and the mountains? Crazy! I never woulda thought it would swing back around like that..

hey, count your blessings, at least there are remarkably beautiful vistas up the SB/Riverside counties and the IE, unlike this self-defeating, soul-crushing urban sprawl we call Los Angeles, which mile for mile is one of the single largest populated areas in the world..

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth