Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page School is driving me crazy!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
In a weird way.

I really love education and I like taking some hard classes, yada yada, I gotta be the best or I'll kill myself, blah blah blah...

Everyonce in a while I go a little crazy thinking about all the classes I have to take, and today I was thinking about my junior year (next year) and all of the classes I would like to and quite possibly might take:

AP English 11
AP US History
AP Chemistry
Math Analysis E*
Spanish III
Speech and Debate

I realize that that is a little much, and I'm freaking out about it. I don't want to drop any of those classes, but I am scared that those classes are going to be too much. For instance, I really liked Chemistry when I took it in the summer, but that was in the summer. I had no other classes to worry about. A lot of people that are taking it this year are pretty stressed. I'm afraid that I won't enjoy AP Chem on top of all the other AP classes I will be taking.

I'm freaking out about this, which gets me freaking out about college: Where the fuck am I going to go, how the hell do I know that it is going to be a good school, and how in the world am I going to pay for it!? In turn this gets me freaked out about careers. I'd love to make movies, but that is in no way realistic, and there are other realistic careers out there that I think I would enjoy, like teaching, or something in math/science, but what in math and science? I really don't know. My parents want me to be a pharmacist, which goes great with my interest in chemistry, but I wanted to stay away from medicine. But there is that question with all careers: Is it really what I want to do?

Gah! I'm going crazy!

Talk to me! What is on your mind? How do you feel about school and education? What were your favorite classes? Any good stories/experience?

Go!

*I've been informed that this is not an AP class, but an 'E' class. I've never understood why it was called 'E', but the difference is that there is no AP test and that I can't get college credit for it.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 12:12 AM   #2
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Dude calm down, don't get stressed out. If you want to do film go for it, I want to pursue Photography although it has no use as a real career, by that I mean like a good paying job. Also just get a minor in something that will help you get a job, meanwhile you find a job in your skills on film.

I never got my high school diploma the way you are doing it, so I don't know those stressful things you are going through. If you are stressing out on your classes drop one or two. Depending on your situation. But just remember you should satisfy yourself in your career, if you want to be a film major go for it. And just get a minor in some good career. Hope that was helpful.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 12:12 AM   #3
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Well, 4 AP classes is a lot. It's hard for me to think even that far back though, and it's only been about 5 years.

Tell me about it though, I'm getting fuckin' tired of school. I'm in grad school taking some classes to get my Master's in natural resource management. Thing is I'm sick of school, but I need this degree for the jobs I want. I'll be a much happier person in a year and a half.

But yeah, calm down. You've got a while before you need to make some of those decisions. If you let this get to you too much, you're going to have quite a time dealing with all the things life throws at you in the next 5 or 6 years.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 12:28 AM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-harmony
Dude calm down, don't get stressed out. If you want to do film go for it, I want to pursue Photography although it has no use as a real career, by that I mean like a good paying job. Also just get a minor in something that will help you get a job, meanwhile you find a job in your skills on film.

I never got my high school diploma the way you are doing it, so I don't know those stressful things you are going through. If you are stressing out on your classes drop one or two. Depending on your situation. But just remember you should satisfy yourself in your career, if you want to be a film major go for it. And just get a minor in some good career. Hope that was helpful.
I'll be back to normal in a couple days. Once I start thinking about it, it all just hits me like a pile of bricks. I'll be okay. I just need to get it out of my system.

I do realize that I can get a major in film and minor in something more practical, or vice versa (can I do that?). It is still just big stuff to think about. It isn't like I wouldn't enjoy doing something other than film also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature scene
Well, 4 AP classes is a lot. It's hard for me to think even that far back though, and it's only been about 5 years.

Tell me about it though, I'm getting fuckin' tired of school. I'm in grad school taking some classes to get my Master's in natural resource management. Thing is I'm sick of school, but I need this degree for the jobs I want. I'll be a much happier person in a year and a half.

But yeah, calm down. You've got a while before you need to make some of those decisions. If you let this get to you too much, you're going to have quite a time dealing with all the things life throws at you in the next 5 or 6 years.
Congratulations on the Master's. I think that is exciting, to be completely finished with school.

Thanks to the both of you.
Old 11.18.2006, 01:22 AM   #5
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
you gave them the website, you little candy ass?
Old 11.18.2006, 01:23 AM   #6
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Drop out, Alex. It's the cool thing.

Also, see cantankerous' post. She's gonna fuck you up.
Old 11.18.2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
you gave them the website, you little candy ass?
Haha...

No...No I did not.
Old 11.18.2006, 01:32 AM   #8
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
bullshit.
Old 11.18.2006, 01:34 AM   #9
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
bullshit.
No shit it's bullshit.

Also, Hayden, check yourspace.
Old 11.18.2006, 01:35 AM   #10
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
No shit it's bullshit.
fallacious argument
Old 11.18.2006, 01:56 AM   #11
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

It isn't an argument...
Old 11.18.2006, 02:01 AM   #12
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

excuse me. you've fallen into one of the three dirty tricks and if you'd like to know more you can look them up. use your lateral thinking skills next time.
Old 11.18.2006, 02:32 AM   #13
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
It really sucks that life calls upon people to make decisions that will shape their entire lives at a time when all they really want to think about is what's going on RIGHT NOW. When I was 18 all I knew was that I'd had my fill of education and I wanted to get out to work. I thought about what I could do at university, and couldn't imagine any courses I would want to do because I couldn't see what use any of the knowledge that I would gather would be to me once I graduated. I didn't realise at the time that what you study at uni is of no importance at all, unless you have a particular career in mind to which the course is relevant. It's just the fact that you've been to university at all that most employers care about when they fast-track you through the career path. So just decide what you think you'd enjoy doing at college, pick school courses that will enable you to do that, and then add maybe one little luxury course that you enjoy but is not relevant to the college course you want to do, just to make school that bit more enjoyable.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2006, 03:22 AM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Do what YOU want to do after high school.....you'll be fine because you obviously aren't an idiot.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth